AvP: Thunder Brave

Started by Kriszilla, Oct 11, 2007, 07:05:46 PM

Author
AvP: Thunder Brave (Read 2,818 times)

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Atian stood out on a rocky ledge, looking over the huge expanse of grasslands before him, in the center was the camp of the enemy tribe. No fires were burning this morning, odd. There was a small wooded area just south of the camp that was sparsely populated by trees and bushes. No doubt the camp was being used as a decoy so that the enemy could strike from the wood in a quick surprise attack.

He hollered for his braves to follow him, and they galloped along on their horses, towards the wood. About twenty yards from the wood, they scattered, and rode in beneath the eaves of the wood, spread out thinly, bows at the ready. But no attack came, no enemies were found. They rode back to the camp, wondering if the enemies had prepared to stage an ambush here. But no attack came.
"Search the village! Find Magis' tribe!" Atian yelled loudly, his men began to bustle around, searching tents, until they decided to finally enter the longhouse. There was a startled yelp from within, and the rest of the braves including Atian ran inside. Atian pushed past the whispering men and looked up to the rafters of the longhouse, constructed from heavy timber brought from a distant forest far north. Atian felt his stomach turn, the entire male population of the tribe hung there, some skinned, others still bearing their tribal markings.

Atian looked into the dead eyes of the chieftain of this tribe, Magis. He was still unskinned, as they stood there, conversing on this strange turn of events. Atian was thinking more about the future implications of this event, he realised something suddenly. The women and children were not here, they must have escaped.

Several hours later, it was dusk, and Atian was back at his camp, speaking with Chaske, his tribe's shaman. Chaske told many old stories, one of his favourites was the tale of the spirit hunter. The legend went that a tribe had angered the spirits by slaughtering innocent women from another tribe, who had been harvesting fruit from a wood when they attacked. So angered by this dishonourable action were the spirits, that one of them made for himself a body of flesh, in the likeness of the offending tribe's chieftain, only a thousand times more terrible to behold. he descended from the sky one night, and over the course of a week, he hunted down and killed all the braves who had taken part in the slaughter. He left those who had not been involved or did not take up arms against him. Then, instead of scalping them, he took their heads as proof of the spirit's power.

Chaske was now comparing what had occurred to Magis' tribe with his story.
"But you see, young Atian, that what you and your braves have told me matches the story almost perfectly. The women and children probably fled or were taken by raiders, the men were undoubtedly killed by the spirit hunter however. Did you notice the thunderstorm two nights ago? No doubt that is when he attacked them. They say in the most harsh of conditions the spirit hunter will strike. I only pray that he does not believe our tribe to be guilty of the same crime he punished Magis' braves for."
"Are you suggesting that my father has been dishonourable?" retorted Atian.
"No, not at all," replied Chaske, "I am saying however, that your father has not been as strict in his upholding of the tribe's honour as some chieftains have been."

Atian would take no more, he was hotheaded, and full of rage and fury, he would learn to listen in time however. Chaske just shook his head, and returned to his chanting over the slowly cooking mushroom powder...

Note: I'm creating a storyline back in ancient times about a predator that gets involved in an inter-tribe war, wiping out one side, and later discovering a far more sinister enemy than the braves of Atian's tribe..

Warrior Angel

Warrior Angel

interesting, i like it.............

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Another storm was slowly rolling across the hot plains today. Atian was down in a valley east of his village, hunting a particularly large wolf that had been plaguing the local buffalo and killing horses alongside its pack. If they killed the alpha wolf, the pack would not be so bold in their attacks for some time. Atian was always eager to get involved in any fighting at all, today however, his older brother Quan was visiting the village, and had decided to join the hunt before returning to his travels.

Quan was very similar in appearance to Atian, except he was taller, and not as stocky. He was no less strong than Atian, but his muscle was spread out over a taller frame. Quan also lacked his brother's lust for violence. Chaske had always said Quan would become a great chieftain one day, but Quan would never settle. He was constantly travelling the outside world, through the great northern forests, past the canyons to the west, and he was passing through the village once again to see what lay south of the village.

"One day, travel will be much more important among the tribes, we will have to forge alliances against a greater foe. I want our tribe to have the advantage of already knowing what lays beyond their lands." that was what Quan always said when people asked him to stay behind, settle down and accept the mantle of chieftain from their ageing father.

Atian heard a rustle in the bushes, and turned to face it, crouched with his bowstring drawn tightly. There was a howl and a large black wolf leapt from the shrubs onto him. As he struggled to keep its jaws from his throat, the claws scraped his torso. He was slowly losing the fight however, it came closer, and closer. And then without warning an arrow sped into the wolf's head and knocked it off Atian. Quan came out from behind a tree. Atian slowly got up, glad he was wearing his leather shirt today. He nodded to his brother.
"Was that the wolf you are looking for?" Quan asked
"No, the wolf we hunt is grey, with a damaged eye from an angry horseman's knife."

They continued the hunt for hours. But they did not find the wolf. While they were out, occasionally the two of them would hear a strange clicking sound, but never found the source of the noise. As the sun startedl in the sky, the two brothers began their journey home. Just at the edge of the wood however, they saw it. An apparition of the spirits no doubt. It swirled in the air, a definite human shape about it, another clicking noise emanated from the being. Something near its hand moved, but, nearly invisible as it was, Atian could not see what had moved. It made a sound like smooth stones sliding past eachother very fast.

Atian raised his tomahawk, and yelled a warcry, Quan raised a hand, knocking his brother down.
"Fool! Do not raise arms against the spirit hunter! Now run!"
At this, Atian rose to his feet, pounding across the gras towards where their horses were tied up. The two leapt onto their steeds and rode like never before, the strange shape standing still. As Quan looked back, a pair of bright green eyes flashed in the shape's head, before fading again. Quan spurred his horse even harder, forcing Atian to keep pace with him. Before long they were at the village, recounting their ordeal to Chaske and the chieftain, Tachar.

Predator-Family

Predator-Family

impressive

Colton White

Colton White

Please, continue the story

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Fine, if you insist. *Stomps angrily back to the keyboard*

here goes:

"I tell you, I saw it! It was like steam in the shape of a man. We must stop it before it kills again!" Quan said.
"Don't waste my time sons, I have better things to do than listen to your wild stories." Tachar shook his head and left the tent.
"I believe you two. And I tell you now, it is the Spirit Hunter of legend. There is only one way to draw him out."

The two brothers leaned forward, eager to hear this.
"We must attract him to a challenge he believes worthy of his skills, to do this, we will need to open the cave." Both brothers were dumbstruck, unable to believe what Chaske was saying.
"But, but, the cave is just a legend!" Said Atian.
"And so was the Spirit Hunter, at least until now." Chaske grinned back at him from his aged and worn face.

"You will need to offer a sacrifice at the cave entrance, I say three of our bison should be enough. Bind them up while they sleep tonight, and bring them to Stargazer's peak."

So, later that night, Atian and Quan lugged the last of the bison, bound and grumpy, up the slope. Chaske was there standing in his heavily braided and patterned robe.
"Bring them this way, one at a time."

Slowly Chaske led them down through the rocky ground beneath Stargazer's peak, which cast a deep shadow over the three men. There they saw a large rock in front of a cave mouth. Chaske nodded and the two brothers released the bison's bound legs and moved to the boulder, pushing against it with great effort. As the boulder moved, a pungent, overriding smell of death and decay emerged from the cave.

"Quickly, move the bison inside and run to fetch the others!"

Soon all the bisons were inside.They half-sealed the cave to stop animals from going inside, and then left. Inside the bisons squirmed on the ground and grunted angrily, while shafts of silvery moonlight shone down upon the ancient skeleton of an Alien Queen, weird and yet beautiful in its appearance. It was surrounded by fleshy eggs, and three of them were beginning to open...

Colton White

Colton White

:-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed