Film Reviews - AvPGalaxy's Own Critics!

Started by Secret Hero, Mar 07, 2008, 07:25:42 PM

Author
Film Reviews - AvPGalaxy's Own Critics! (Read 274,726 times)

Huol

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Apr 11, 2008, 12:04:48 AM
American Gangster Review

http://sneakerboxx.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/american_gangster.jpg

VisualFx: (10%)

Not much visual effects are used in the movie. Some CGI is used in the action scenes but that about it. The visual effects not amazing as "Transformers" but nothing else you can say about them because the movie used very little CGI.

Storylne: (89%)

The story takes place in the 1970's where a guy named Richie Roberts, who is a detective that works to bring down the drug empire of Frank Lucas (Denzel Washington). Then later his product is superior is now currently available on the street in New York City and his prices are lower. I don't want to add more because i don't want to spoil movie. The story it self is great and the characters are great as well. The scenes in the movie are fun to watch and it also based on a true story as well. The only promble of the movie is that it was too long (Over 2 hours) and the story starts off too slow.

SoundFx: (70%)

The score is very nice and the opeaning theme is nice as well. Everything about the music is good expect for the rap music in the movie. I think having rap music in the movie was pointless and makes the movie look silly at some points. Beside the rap, the score is great.

Violent Factor: (54%)

Nothing terribly bloody but there scenes where people get shot and you seen blood that about it. There is a lot of sex though.

Overall: (90%)

So overall, American Gangster is a great movie and it Ridley Scott best movie in a while (His movies went down a bit since 2001). I recommend to gangster movies fans or Ridley Scott fans, actually to those viewers who enjoy good movies because this movie is the movie is great and the art systle in the movie is amazing. The movie may not be action pack like Scarface but the story it self is very good because it has interesting facts about the durg deals in the 70's. So in the end, American Gangster is awesome and it one the best movies of 2007!

You do know it was based off of a true story right?

And that the real Frank Lucas and Richie Roberts are still alive?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

^I know it was based off a true story but i didn't know they where still alive.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: Huol on Apr 12, 2008, 04:34:13 AM
Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Apr 11, 2008, 12:04:48 AM
American Gangster Review

http://sneakerboxx.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/american_gangster.jpg

VisualFx: (10%)

Not much visual effects are used in the movie. Some CGI is used in the action scenes but that about it. The visual effects not amazing as "Transformers" but nothing else you can say about them because the movie used very little CGI.

Storylne: (89%)

The story takes place in the 1970's where a guy named Richie Roberts, who is a detective that works to bring down the drug empire of Frank Lucas (Denzel Washington). Then later his product is superior is now currently available on the street in New York City and his prices are lower. I don't want to add more because i don't want to spoil movie. The story it self is great and the characters are great as well. The scenes in the movie are fun to watch and it also based on a true story as well. The only promble of the movie is that it was too long (Over 2 hours) and the story starts off too slow.

SoundFx: (70%)

The score is very nice and the opeaning theme is nice as well. Everything about the music is good expect for the rap music in the movie. I think having rap music in the movie was pointless and makes the movie look silly at some points. Beside the rap, the score is great.

Violent Factor: (54%)

Nothing terribly bloody but there scenes where people get shot and you seen blood that about it. There is a lot of sex though.

Overall: (90%)

So overall, American Gangster is a great movie and it Ridley Scott best movie in a while (His movies went down a bit since 2001). I recommend to gangster movies fans or Ridley Scott fans, actually to those viewers who enjoy good movies because this movie is the movie is great and the art systle in the movie is amazing. The movie may not be action pack like Scarface but the story it self is very good because it has interesting facts about the durg deals in the 70's. So in the end, American Gangster is awesome and it one the best movies of 2007!

You do know it was based off of a true story right?

And that the real Frank Lucas and Richie Roberts are still alive?

you should put a bit more in the violent factor section. There was a man set a flame and then shot, the gangsta shot in the head on the sidewalk, and the cokain bust

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quoteyou should put a bit more in the violent factor section. There was a man set a flame and then shot, the gangsta shot in the head on the sidewalk, and the cokain bust

I forgot about that scene. Thanks for reminding me.

Transformers Review

VisualFx: (95%)

Pretty impressive stuff overall, the transformers look awesome and it looks awesome when they turn into cars. The explosions look awesome as well. The movie has the best CGI I seen in a long time since The Day After Tomorrow.

Storyline: (60%)

The movie is based on a cartoon with the same name. The story is about a kid named Sam Witwicky who buys his first car after getting a good grade in school. Then after buying his first car, who is an Autobot named Autobot Bumblebee. Bumblebee defends Sam and his girlfriend Mikaela Banes from the Decepticon Barricade, before the other Autobots arrive on Earth. It turns out that Autobot came out to earth to look for the all spark, and the war on Earth heats up as the Decepticon attack a United States military base in Qatar. I don't want to add more because I don't want to spoil it for you. The story is pretty good but it has too much Comedy and you know what was going to happen next. Most of the character from the old TV shows where not in the movie which I hated the most. Other then that the story is good.

SoundFx: (98%)

Amazing. The sounds of the army shooting at the transformers and the tanks bombarding it was just fantastic in the cinema. The explosions sound so real and when the buildings when destroy sound awesome. The movie had some awesome music like Disturbed which was cool as well.

Violent Factor: (27%)

Not really violent, basically people being killed off screen. There is a lot of shooting but you don't see anyone getting shot or anything. So it ok for your kids to see this movie.

Overall: (80%)

Overall Transformers is a very good movie, I had a good time at the cinema. So far its Michael Bay best movie and it the best live action movie based on a cartoon (Which is rare because most of them suck). The acting is very average but the movie has tons of action and Transformers fans (Like Me) will enjoy it. If you like action movies then this movie is for you.

vortep

VisualFx: (60%)

Storyline: (100%)

SoundFx: (90%)

Violent Factor: (40%)

Overall: (100%)

Zero

Alienseseses

There should be another thing to factor in: Nudity.

War Wager

VisualFx: (90%)

As for CG, the movie is pretty average. A lot of the blood and creature effects are done this way as for some of the building shots too. The real visual beauty of RE:E comes from the camera work. They done an excellent job of giving the third chapter a real epic, big scale vibe. The panoramic shots of miles of sands are great.

Storyline: (71%)

Each movie gets bigger in scale and this one couldn't get any bigger. With the infection first spreading through an underground lab, to a city and now to the entire world. One strange thing about the storyline is that it completelty strips the Earth of all trees and greenery, something that I'd never thought the T-Virus is capable of. Milla Jovovich's charatcer, Alice, is really the centre piece of the story with it almost completey revolving around her and yet again Jovovich gives a great performance. As a movie written by Paul WS Anderson would, the movie has a lot of characters and although he tries to give them some strong points, he just fails yet again. Though his dialouge is weak, Andersons story telling is on top form with a great setting, an impressive bird attack and as usual gives as a brilliant cliff-hanger.

SoundFx: (68%)

Nothing really stood out, although I thought the 'slo-mo' shots and the Tyrant vocals were great.

Violent Factor: (63%)

Most of the movie is filled with black blood (zombie blood) but theres a few scenes were nice, fresh human blood adores the screen. A lot of nasty deaths follow and overall the most violent entry to the series so far.

Overall: (87%)

I really enjoyed this movie. From the time I sat down in the theatre seat to getting up at the movies end, I had been taken to another world. Great action scenes, creature effects and catchy score by Charlie Clouser. It was nice to hear Marylin Mansons original theme back. One major complaint amonst fans is that the series has gone for more action rather than horror. None of the movies have been creepy to me, although I thought the end fight when Alice enters the underground lab was pretty atmospheric and intense. Thats probably just because I'm prone to frights I guess.  :P

Blaz

Quote from: War Wager on Apr 13, 2008, 01:30:45 AM
One strange thing about the storyline is that it completelty strips the Earth of all trees and greenery, something that I'd never thought the T-Virus is capable of.

Probably 'cause it's the most ridiculous idea ever.

Zero

Quote from: Blaz on Apr 13, 2008, 01:35:26 AM
Quote from: War Wager on Apr 13, 2008, 01:30:45 AM
One strange thing about the storyline is that it completelty strips the Earth of all trees and greenery, something that I'd never thought the T-Virus is capable of.

Probably 'cause it's the most ridiculous idea ever.
I am Legend ripped it off and renamed it ,"KV Virua"

War Wager

You mean RE:E ripped it off. I Am Legend was a novel.

Zero

Quote from: War Wager on Apr 13, 2008, 02:33:56 AM
You mean RE:E ripped it off. I Am Legend was a novel.

Wow,I never knew.If I'd known I woulda picked up a  copy already.

War Wager

Learn something new everyday.  ;)

Has anyone seen a movie called Rouge or Black Water (same movie I think) about a giant crocodile? Isn't long out, wouldn't mind seeing a review of that.

severen76

^^ I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Zero

One of the worst excuses of a horror film I have recently watched was Dark Water by the looks of the DVD case,but it's pretty chilling.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed