Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon?

Started by Oasis Nadrama, Jan 28, 2019, 09:34:01 AM

Author
Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon? (Read 22,919 times)

Katanu

Katanu

My headcanon try to bring in as much as possible without any unexplainable contradiction. As much as I love the movies, I wouldn't be as big a fan as I am today without the EU to keep bringing me new stuff. I love reading novels and comics, and playing video games. So yeah, the EU to me is very important.

I have a document in my PC where I keep a timeline of all the stories that I have read/played/watched.
Some contradictions I just ignore, others I try to work around (Weyland from AvP is the father of Peter Weyland in my headcanon for example) and if something is impossible to retcon... so only then it is not canon (Like the originial Aliens comics by Dark Horse that features Hicks and Newt). There's also Deadlist of the Species, that comic is so bad that I just can't consider it Canon. Crossovers with other characters (Batman, Superman, Tarzan, Judge Dredd, etc) also fall into the non-canon category, no matter how fun they are to read. Also, in my headcanon it's all one big connected universe (The Alien & Predator Universe).
About the Alien Director's cut... I'm still not sure which one to include.

Ah, and even a few lore from the Neca toys I consider to be canon (Like the excelent backstory for the Alpha Predator figure that nicely retcon the Hish as ancestors to the modern day Yautja).

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 11, 2020, 11:48:10 PM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 13, 2008, 03:58:57 AM
Didn't.

It's an abbreviation of "Silhouette". Didn't even know of Sil until I saw Species about two years later :P

Learn something new everyday. I always thought it was Species. lol It's why I didn't blink when we had S1L join. It's not like we don't have 1 thousand Hicks.

Shugsi

Quote from: Stitch on Nov 12, 2020, 12:46:31 AM
Quote from: S1Lcies on Nov 11, 2020, 11:52:49 PM
I should of changed it to Wind0WS1L
Wouldn't that be S1LL?
Or at least some version of an operating system?
Or a Walsall postcode? (that's gonna confuse a lot of people, I think)
No because you still have to have just S1L to keep it relevant. So T0nS1L, T1nS1L or pushing it a bit with R0nS1L if you're into your alien wood stain, paint and preservative game. BennyS1L, S1l3ntS1L, BraS1L, K1LLS1L 1 & 2. S1LHicKz. W8lt3RS1L, L8ur1NS1L but it will probably all go down S1L at this rate.

Voodoo Magic

S1L-E

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 12, 2020, 08:19:04 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 11, 2020, 11:48:10 PM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 13, 2008, 03:58:57 AM
Didn't.

It's an abbreviation of "Silhouette". Didn't even know of Sil until I saw Species about two years later :P

Learn something new everyday. I always thought it was Species. lol It's why I didn't blink when we had S1L join. It's not like we don't have 1 thousand Hicks.

Silhouette? Wow.

Sil. Giger. I never even considered another conclusion.

SiL

I was like ... 12 when I came up with the name. I don't think I knew of Species at the time.

Local Trouble

I can't find the post, but I do recall you saying something to the effect of "I'm not Sil from Species!" as if it was something you've had to address many times before.

SM

Local Trouble

That just makes it all the more amusing.

Gr33n M4n

Hicks and Newt survive in my headcanon. Like with William Gibsons script for Alien 3.

Local Trouble

I don't think Fiendishly Inventive would approve.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 12, 2020, 11:00:50 PM
Hicks and Newt survive in my headcanon. Like with William Gibsons script for Alien 3.

Mine too.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 12, 2020, 05:19:10 PM
I can't find the post, but I do recall you saying something to the effect of "I'm not Sil from Species!" as if it was something you've had to address many times before.

But what's the significance with the capitalized L?

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2019, 03:55:34 PM
Hell, they could have given each cryotube its own personal escape pod and written the story so that only Ripley's crashed on Fury while the others didn't.

No Hicks.  No Newt.  No pointless deaths.  Ripley gets her solo adventure.  Mission accomplished.

Gr33n M4n

As long as they don't die horribly, I can live with that.

Katanu

I haven't played the infamous Colonial Marines yet, but I heard that in the game's story Hicks did survive somehow. Don't know about Newt.
But yeah, they deserve better than to die like that.

Gr33n M4n

Poor Newt drowned and Hicks got a beam to the face. They deserved better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed