Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon?

Started by Oasis Nadrama, Jan 28, 2019, 09:34:01 AM

Author
Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon? (Read 22,912 times)

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

AVP TIMELINE
1987 - Predator
1997 - Predator 2
2004 - Alien Vs. Predator
2004 - Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem
2008 - Predators
2018 - The Predator

ALIEN TIMELINE
2023 - The Peter Weyland Files - TED Conference, 2023 (short)
2079 - The Peter Weyland Files - Happy Birthday, David (short)
2089 - The Peter Weyland Files - Quiet Eye, Elizabeth Shaw (short)
2091 - The Peter Weyland Files - Prometheus Transmission (short)

2093 - Prometheus
2094 - Alien: Covenant Prologue - The Crossing (short)
approx. 2103 - Meet Walter (short)
2103 - Alien Covenant - Phobos (short)
2103 - Alien: Covenant - Origins (novel)
2104 - Alien: Covenant Prologue - The Last Supper (short)

2104 - Alien: Covenant
2104 - Alien: Covenant - Advent (short)
2122 - Alien
2137 - Alien: Isolation (comic)
2137 - Alien: Isolation (video game)
2137 - Alien: Blackout (video game)
2137 - Aliens: Defiance (comics)
2140 - Aliens: Resistance (comics)
approx. 2140 - Aliens: Rescue (comics)

2179 - Aliens
2179 - Alien: The Cold Forge (novel)
2179 - Alien³
2??? - Dust to Dust (comic)
2295 - Dead Orbit (comic)

2434 - Alien Resurrection

(I'd really like a year for Dust to Dust!)

SM

Quote from: Predwars24 on Mar 19, 2019, 06:15:26 PM
I personally prefer my own canon, because not everyone agrees with me and that's fine. So here's my canon:

Predator: 1987
Predator 2: 1997
Predators: 2010 (It was never given an exact date, but knowing The Predator isn't in my canon it doesn't really matter)
Alien: 2122
Alien Isolation: 2137
Aliens: 2179
Alien 3: (I was told the same year as Aliens but can't remember where I got that from)

For me personally, since I haven't read most comic books (I will I need money to buy things though) those aren't on here just yet. I also didn't add too many video games besides Isolation as I think it works better than most, and I didn't add AVP, AVPR, The Predator, Prometheus, or Alien Covenant as I didn't like 3 of the movies (The last 3), and I just think it's right not to have AVP or AVPR in canon as I feel it doesn't need to even exist in canon, it doesn't change anything to the story, and adds nothing.

I go with 2008 for Predators.

Kradan

For me all movies are canon. I don't have feeling "oh i wish that movie destroyed by meteorite sent by God" with any of them. Even if AVP contradicts with prequels - i just don't care.

If about games talking. I choose AVP games and Isolation. ACM? No thanks.

Not sure about books and comics though. It's tricky.

Huggs

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 20, 2019, 08:09:25 PM
For me all movies are canon. I don't have feeling "oh i wish that movie destroyed by meteorite sent by God" with any of them. Even if AVP contradicts with prequels - i just don't care.

The Predator getting destroyed by meteorite would be nice. It would definitely have to be from God though. The devil doesn't destroy his own.  ;D

Naginata

I've got three main headcanons:

The first is my "if it sucks, ignore it" timeline, where it's basically the movies by themselves (minus the AVPs) plus whatever random bits from the EU fit without too much duct tape. Alien and Predator are separate, and the movies themselves take precedence over other concerns (websites, tie-ins, etc.)

The second is a sort of "broad strokes" continuity, where the general world/tone/whatever is there (ie: there are Aliens, there are Predators, sometimes they fight) but the specific details are sort of vague. There's A Weyland-Yutani Corp, but people can't seem to remember when it was founded. SOMETHING happened on LV-426, but whether Ripley's still alive is up in the air. Kind of place that might be fun to play a tabletop game in, but not really a specific timeline.

Finally, there's this completely insane timeline where as much as possible is crammed into one meta-narrative - the prequels, the comics, AVP, A:CM, the Kenner toys, E V E R Y T H I N G. It is not a healthy thing, this timeline; it's held together with paperclips, duct tape, and a strategically-placed cucumber. It lurches along, subsisting entirely on raw fish heads, making strange gurgling noises as it attempts to portray 'Wilks' and Hicks as two different people. It is repulsive to look at, and must occasionally be restrained for its own safety. I love it all the same.

... Yes, even when it tries to tell me that there were two Runners in Alien 3 and that's why both cuts count NO YOU SHUT UP

[cancerblack]

I should probably confess to having a wildly divergent personal canon for a series of rpg games i've run, although that's essentially fanfic so while it's canon for game purposes i don't try to apply it to the outside world. Covenants neomorphs kinda canonised a bunch of my nonsense though. :D

Kradan

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 20, 2019, 11:33:53 PM

The Predator getting destroyed by meteorite would be nice. It would definitely have to be from God though. The devil doesn't destroy his own.  ;D

Should i build meteorite-protected house and live in it? Because i like The Predator. Sorry.

Predwars24

I don't think insurance will pay for that, at least not at a cheap price.

Naginata

Naginata

I don't think insurance will pay for that, at least not at a cheap price.

BlazinBlueReview

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 21, 2019, 09:38:43 AM

Should i build meteorite-protected house and live in it? Because i like The Predator. Sorry.

Also enjoy The Predator.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BlazinBlue88 on Mar 21, 2019, 10:26:27 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Mar 21, 2019, 09:38:43 AM

Also enjoy The Predator.

I've had brainless fun with some of it myself. It's best when one is GINTASTIC!

SM

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 21, 2019, 06:11:06 AM
I should probably confess to having a wildly divergent personal canon for a series of rpg games i've run, although that's essentially fanfic so while it's canon for game purposes i don't try to apply it to the outside world. Covenants neomorphs kinda canonised a bunch of my nonsense though. :D

The beauty of RPGs is as long as everyone in on the same page - canon is whatever you like.

BlazinBlueReview

Canon:

Predator
Predator 2
Alien Vs Predator (including Requiem)
Predators
The Predator (2018 fanedit)

Prometheus: Giftbearer
Alien: Covenant

Alien (theatrical and directors cut)
Aliens
Alien 3 Assembly Cut
Alien Resurrection DC

This is what I consider to be my personal canon.

Mr.Skinsuit

Mr.Skinsuit

Quote from: Naginata on Mar 21, 2019, 12:18:50 AM
The second is a sort of "broad strokes" continuity, where the general world/tone/whatever is there (ie: there are Aliens, there are Predators, sometimes they fight) but the specific details are sort of vague. There's A Weyland-Yutani Corp, but people can't seem to remember when it was founded. SOMETHING happened on LV-426, but whether Ripley's still alive is up in the air. Kind of place that might be fun to play a tabletop game in, but not really a specific timeline.

Finally, there's this completely insane timeline where as much as possible is crammed into one meta-narrative - the prequels, the comics, AVP, A:CM, the Kenner toys, E V E R Y T H I N G. It is not a healthy thing, this timeline; it's held together with paperclips, duct tape, and a strategically-placed cucumber. It lurches along, subsisting entirely on raw fish heads, making strange gurgling noises as it attempts to portray 'Wilks' and Hicks as two different people. It is repulsive to look at, and must occasionally be restrained for its own safety. I love it all the same.

... Yes, even when it tries to tell me that there were two Runners in Alien 3 and that's why both cuts count NO YOU SHUT UP
LMAO Yes!! That abominable omniverse is so much fun to imagine with all the 'what if' type stuff! Using that 'broad strokes' sorta mentality for the AvP universe just makes sense for me too personally, everything benefits from the air of mystery and I'm not too concerned with a hard timeline/continuity anyway.

For MY AvP Cannon: The cosmos are extremely cruel and extremely ancient and life within it equally so...the Xenomorph, Engineers, Predators and even humanity exemplify that hostile nature. Nothing is safe, nothing is known with certainty, none escape and no screams are heard.

The Old One

The Old One

Abominable indeed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed