Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 150,299 times)

Scree

Scree

Meh. This video did almost nothing for me. It's just a man standing on a plattform and speaking about technological progress. You can put this in any other sci-fi story and it would work just the same. Pearce really overacted this piece and became a cheap caricature of an evil businessman. I liked the Weyland logo and that's about it. But that's me because viral stuff never really excites me much.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: SM on Feb 29, 2012, 02:41:44 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 29, 2012, 02:26:29 PM
So... Guy Pearce, an Englishman, has a rubbish English accent?

Interesting....

Someone who who has lived in Australia since the age of three isn't going to have any natural English accent.

Ah, just saw that on the Wikipedia page.

But that aside, the criticisms are ridiculous. Like others have said, he (Peter Weyland) was born in Mumbai, and probably spends a lot of time in America. He's not going to have a 'true' English accent, whatever the hell that is.

And the hammy acting worked in this context, I thought. Why? Because he's speaking to a stadium full of people. You exaggerate all of your motions, your inflections, everything, when you speak on a stage to a large group, and this looked like a pretty goddamn large group.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Just remember Hitler  ;)

Imagine something like that with a Weyland flag in the background:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh9S1Hk975U#

...or we expected something more like this:

:laugh:

Kol

Kol

i would love to see a parody of this vid.  ;D

anyway: has someone the whole text of weyland's speech? i would like to speak it in front of my mirror, just to know if i have a god-complex, too.  ;)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Maybe he should have spoken like Freddy Mercury instead, he was educated in India

T Dog

T Dog

Something posted on another forum:

"f*ck sake he might as a well be wearing a black cloak and going "mwah hah hah hah"

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Perhaps it might have been ideal for Paul Verhoeven film

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Feb 29, 2012, 02:57:50 PM
Would you like to know more?

SM

SM

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 29, 2012, 02:48:25 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 29, 2012, 02:41:44 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 29, 2012, 02:26:29 PM
So... Guy Pearce, an Englishman, has a rubbish English accent?

Interesting....

Someone who who has lived in Australia since the age of three isn't going to have any natural English accent.

Ah, just saw that on the Wikipedia page.

But that aside, the criticisms are ridiculous. Like others have said, he (Peter Weyland) was born in Mumbai, and probably spends a lot of time in America. He's not going to have a 'true' English accent, whatever the hell that is.

And the hammy acting worked in this context, I thought. Why? Because he's speaking to a stadium full of people. You exaggerate all of your motions, your inflections, everything, when you speak on a stage to a large group, and this looked like a pretty goddamn large group.

Yep.

The performance was perfect for what it is.  If Pearce was in the whole film and acted lke this all the time, then criticisms might be valid - but as it stands, they're not.

T Dog

T Dog

Ok, so attempting to get back on track about what this means for the film.

I'm thinking the "I'm only in the movie for about a minute" thing might be a load of BS. Mostly due to the "old businessman" casting call and the weird/old looking guy in the trailer.

SM

SM

Maybe Pearce isn't playing his older self?

Never say no to Panda!

...he is playing it:

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 29, 2012, 02:59:20 PM

Well, I thought the way his scifi films often have these these odd little adverts and videos in them amused me

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 29, 2012, 02:59:20 PM
You made me smile, OZ.

Ruzena

Ruzena

I simply love the Weyland speech. Anyone noticed the disgusting sweat under the gell hardened hair?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed