AvP2 Figures

Started by War Wager, Mar 21, 2007, 01:07:53 PM

Author
AvP2 Figures (Read 3,996 times)

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

Well yeah Hot Toys will do the big scale except one problem.

They're limited. That's why they're expenisve.

With AVP Series 1 they were mass-produced and are still just as valuable. Mcfarlane has done 4 series of Alien/Predator so far so I doubt they will just stop there.

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Unless Neca picks up the license, I don't see who else would be able to produce mass market figures, Maybe McToys will produce them until next year, I think we'll know for sure come SDCC,

Hot Toys already announced they're doing Predator 2 Figures so, they'll be doing the 1/6 AVP2 for sure!

As for statues, who knows, maybe Sideshow can pickup the license, they've done some statues of Alien and Preds, and since Palisades out, they might go for it!

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

I concure.

Or however you spell it.

Yeah can't wait for the SDCC. Tis gonna be tight!!! :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If McFarlanes is going to do the figures, they'd have announced them by now. The lack of AvP2 merch we've seen is a bit worrying.

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Well...McFarlane figures are becoming quite the pegwarmers, so, I'm not really worried,
I'm going to be selling my McToys AvP collection soon anyways  ;)
But if somebody wants them, I would also say don't worry, they announced Napoleon Dynamite figures 6 months after the movie, and Nacho Libre figures 2-3 months after the movie and they are supposed to come out this year, so as you can see, they've been doing late announcments in the past...

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

Yeah Cazador you have a point.

They're doing Nacho Libre and also ND Series 2 and it's pretty far after the movie came out. 
Also the two 24 boxed sets are just now coming out during the sixth season. Mcfarlane just likes to suprise you and make you wait.  :D

Also Hicks not only is the merchandise lacking but the whole movie itself. 20th Cen Fox has really kept AVP 2 under wraps so also here's something else to think about. They can't start making figures until they get the designs. And well there's not much of that around.

We just have to wait and see but I'm confident that Mcfarlane will deliver. :)

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

remember everything is secret in this movie, so mc farlanes avp2 figures are secret too... :-\

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

Just thought I'd announce this.

Well in the archives Mcfarlane showed the pics of the figures 4 months before they debuted. A few weeks or so earlier they announced they had the rights. So it's roughly 4-5 months before the movie came out that we got word of the figures.

So at earliest July and latest August. And if they already have the license (which they probably do) then it may be longer.

The point is it won't be for a while so sit back, relax, and wait for summer. ;) :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed