Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 959,871 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

My sister just informed me that she got one of the three games I mentioned in this thread earlier. She hasn't told me which one of the three (Dishonored, Far Cry 3,X-COM) she got, but oh, man...can't wait for Christmas!

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

R.U.S.E last night. Free for all with 4 nations. America didn't even get to play, because I built a force of over 8 Panzer III's right off the bat, took the short cut through the woods under radio silence, then tore them into pieces with no loses and sending in infantry to capture the supply depots.

I then just did a massive suppy depot grab with half the map (very large) to myself while on the other half France and Russia are knocking each others teeth out.

With a huge, and I mean HUGE income from all the supply depots I send my Panzer III force to raid the Russian flank by taking out their scout tanks and destroying supply trucks and 3 supply depots. Then I have them return to guard my own supply depots, surprisingly there was no counter attack from that side as they were so focused on France.

Then, France sends a force of light tanks to take out my supplies at my own doorstep, when out of a near town crawl out 2 Tiger tanks that rip them to shreads. I then organize an army of about 12 Tigers and 8 heavy artillery guns as well as 2 recon planes and later some fighters to launch a surprise attack on the French flank. When my army's advance and got close enough I ordered the artillery to destroy the 3 airfields (both France and Russia have armies of fighter bombers, I only have a few fighters to counter that), all those planes on those air fields go BOOM and my fighters mop up the rest. Then I send in the Tigers to tear apart the French base, France gets kocked out of the game.

I take the same force and keep moving forward towards the Russian base. Russia caught on sent fighter bombers, there were a few loses but my fighters came in handy. When I got close enough I ordered the artillery to do the same to the Russian airfields. Then my Tigers moved in and took out the Russian base.

Then remained the last of the Russian army right smack in the middle of the map. I ordered all tanks and all other forces from all sides of the map to seek out and destroy the last of the surrounded enemy. So everyone charged in and my artillery unleashed hell.

Victory within 40 minutes of a 60 minute game against 3 nations.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 23, 2012, 01:13:14 AM
My sister just informed me that she got one of the three games I mentioned in this thread earlier. She hasn't told me which one of the three (Dishonored, Far Cry 3,X-COM) she got, but oh, man...can't wait for Christmas!

Hope for Far Cry, man. Pretty awesome.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Dec 23, 2012, 03:20:48 AM

I want either, or. The cool thing is that she said she'll get me another one for my birthday...which is coming up early January! f**k yes! Two games in less than 2 weeks...heaven.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Skylanders

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 23, 2012, 04:47:21 AM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Dec 23, 2012, 03:20:48 AM

I want either, or. The cool thing is that she said she'll get me another one for my birthday...which is coming up early January! f**k yes! Two games in less than 2 weeks...heaven.

Lucky bastard...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Ima embrace all dis luck!

m41guy

m41guy

Back home in the states now, and picked up Halo 4 as a Christmas present for my son and on a whim picked up Game of Thrones for $16.  Combat sucks but I like running around in the areas I've read about *geekgasm*

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

How is the story in that?? All I have heard about it negatively speaking is the combat. Also graphiccs but thats never really a reason not to get a game.

Picked up splinter cell conviction on steam for £2 which is a steal. I dunno how well I can run it, but on can I run it I got high. But its worth the risk at £2.

Also splinter cell 1/ caous theory and double agent are similar prices, now obviously they are supposed to be great but I dunno how they are graphically??? Not that it would stop me buying them but they are equally cheap on the ps3, might look better and have controller support

Also I would love someone to gift me civ 5 for £9 ;)

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Bayonetta

On chapter 10, this game has already made me it's personal bitch, I can't, I just can't...

How many f**king combo's do you want damn it?! :'( You think DMC 1 and 3 were hard? This shit takes DMC stomps it to the ground and then proceeds to skullf**k it while blasting the f**k out of it in midair while not giving two f**ks.

Other than that (and the numerous cheap deaths I've suffered. Which seem to be happening to me a lot in many recent Japanese games) I'm having a lot of fun, and just a few more chapters left; my right thumb and fingers need the rest.

m41guy

m41guy

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Dec 23, 2012, 03:21:02 PM
How is the story in that?? All I have heard about it negatively speaking is the combat. Also graphiccs but thats never really a reason not to get a game.

Pretty good.  I'm just now getting into the actual storyline and so far the story is good.  The game jumps back and forth between the two characters, I thought you would play through one storyline and then the other but no.  The story is the game so there are lots of cutscenes and talking.  Fighting takes second fiddle to the story, it's pretty much turn based with cooldowns, reminds me a lot of KOTOR actually. 

Graphically, yeah its a little lacking.  The engine is a little dated for a game that "just came out" this year, I heard it was in development for a couple of years and thats why.  For the most part things look good, especailly the backgrounds in the cities.  But your shield looks like it's floating on your back and not actually attached.

For me, I think the biggest issue is the money system in the game.  Gear is expensive and money is hard to get. 

They could definetely have done better and even for hardcore fans of the books/show, it's...ok to good depending on the fan.  Personally, I am a big fan and  I probably wouldn't have bought it had I not found it for less than $20.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 23, 2012, 05:33:09 AM

Any chance she might have gotten you all three?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 24, 2012, 04:01:48 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 23, 2012, 05:33:09 AM

Any chance she might have gotten you all three?

She was going to get another one, but her cash was low since she still had to buy stuff for other people...she informed me that the other one she couldn't get unless she sacrificed someone else's christmas gifts was going to be X-COM.

So now I know that whatever I'm getting is going to be between Dishonored and Far Cry 3...either way, I'll be playing at least two of the three in two weeks time.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm really hoping you get Far Cry 3. That's the best game of the year IMO.

m41guy

m41guy

I'm hoping to get that or Dishonored too. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed