Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Griffith - Today at 06:31:33 AM
Quote from: MudButt on Yesterday at 09:07:15 PMhttps://twitter.com/fedalvar/status/1783965848165888098

Any of you guys have any idea why are they getting rid of the finger nails? That's one trait of the design that it's disturbing and they just get rid of it. Why?
If anyone is intersted, here is my review of the Bear Blood Ultimate Feral Predator.
Nice choices.

For the 20th anniv dvd, is it the same as the Legacy Alien dvd?

I need to go back to parents house and pay the dvd stash a visit.

I just tried the 35th Anniv Alien, Anthology and ALien-Prometheus Evolution ALien discs and all 3 have the same menus.

I tried the Quad DVD that was different. Forgot to look if it had all 2 or 3 music scores.

For some reason, I seem to remember having a dvd of ALien with the Nostromo shown in space and with the option to change music score much more visible. Kind of a menu like in my signature. Or maybe I just watched the ALien Isolation menu for too long?

Will have to get the 20th Anniv/Legacy, QUad Blu Ray versions.

Maybe what I'm talking about was the 2003 Director's cut dvd version? But that's probably the same as the quad...
Alien Isolation / Re: I modded third person back...
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 05:16:38 AM
Ah ha, well this finally explains why the author of that Alien: Isolation novel wrote Amanda as being blonde.
So it wasn't a terrible book after all, he could just see things the rest of us couldn't.
I take back anything I ever said. 😏
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Today at 12:42:12 AMAlienĀ³ looks damn good in 4K, with the "Legacy Cut" fan project, not much else of interest though.

Somehow this has escaped me, was not even aware of it till I saw your post. Thanks for bringing it to my attention blue, looks amazing.
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 05:06:39 AM
Holy f**k.
I was not aware of this. Just watched the trailer and I'm almost speechless. Not been the best week if I'm honest but this has certainly lifted my spirits.
That shot of the Patna approaching fury...f**king hell mate. 😍

So I'm guessing this is the assembly cut, but with the dog, perfect.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by -Culky- - Today at 04:57:44 AM
I guess no trailer today...I'm assuming sometime next month.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Ridley Scott
Last post by KiramidHead - Today at 04:50:26 AM
An interesting bit of info I found in Stone: The Controversies, Excesses, and Exploits of a Radical Filmmaker by James Riordan. Scott was approached to direct Oliver Stone's batshit insane draft of Conan the Barbarian.

QuoteSince the studio wouldn't accept Stone as director, Pressman approached Ridley Scott. Scott was enthusiastic, and Stone wrote the project with him in mind. Though he liked Stone's first draft, Scott then became interested in doing another film instead.

"Ridley Scott backed out at the last second," Stone elaborates. "I begged him not. I went down on my knees to him. This was after he made The Duelists. Alien was finished, but we hadn't seen it yet. He said yes, and then he said no. It broke our hearts when he decided to do Blade Runner instead."

Going by the time frame, I'm guessing he backed off Conan for the same reasons he quit Dune, not wanting to deal with the large scale production after his brother's death.
I rewatched the parts of the Agent 9 cut involving Fifield and Milburn getting lost. It's two lines of dialogue that got cut where Milburn says "We've been here before Fifield." and Fifield responds "I don't know, it all looks the same to me."

They also removed Fifield's howl after releasing the pups which I thought was unwarranted given it robs him of a personality/character moment.

I'll take into consideration removing those lines from my cut, but I'm not convinced they're that big of a dealbreaker that they need to be cut. The map that the pups create are for the Prometheus' mapping systems. Does the ground crew have access to the maps being created? I know they have little screens inside their helmets but I figure those are for their suit statistics, like oxygen, and their personal vitals.
Quote from: solace97 on Today at 03:32:06 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Today at 12:42:12 AMAlienĀ³ looks damn good in 4K, with the "Legacy Cut" fan project, not much else of interest though.

How do the cgi scenes with the alien running look, are they still weird looking or did they clean it up?
They actually replaced it entirely with all new stop-motion using the NECA Ultimate Runner Alien figure, at @BlueMarsalis79 request.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed