Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city.

Started by Alien Jockey, May 14, 2013, 03:20:59 AM

Author
Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city. (Read 138,893 times)

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 11, 2013, 10:07:59 PM

Continuing with the topic, the Predator wouldn't even bother collecting skulls from the CMs. They just don't have the proper training as a special forces unit.

Neither did the detectives in Predator 2....

Master Chief

The detectives ran towards danger; the CMs ran from it.

JokersWarPig

That's two completely different scenarios

Master Chief

My point is the marines portrayed were garbage. If the invisible hunter was hunting them, they'd probably light each other on fire in panic. (Love that part in Aliens)

If they made them like the SEALs in Act of Valor, I'd be ok with it.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 11, 2013, 10:41:45 PM

If they made them like the SEALs in Act of Valor, I'd be ok with it.

Given the fact a lot of stuff tends to be grounded in reality today I think they would be written that way, you would probably see more personalities like Hicks' and Apone's as opposed to ones like Hudson's. That's how I had thought they would be when I originally edited the post. Enough personality to make them likable or hate-able plus the seriousness of their real world counter parts

Jegeren

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Sep 11, 2013, 12:37:41 AM
Quote from: Jegeren on Sep 11, 2013, 12:02:14 AM
I'd like it in a jungle planet in the future. I'd like to see Predators take on futuristic humans Colonial Marines in a movie to further showcase their technological prowess. That way you can see them use more toys to combat upgraded humans.
I'd be all for that in a another AVP film, which I believe should have taken place in the futuristic Alien universe anyway as that is where almost every comic and game has taken place. Since newer movies involving Aliens or Predators are distancing themselves from the AVP franchise, if the film is strictly Predators only, and if it were to be in the future, you won't see Colonial Marines. I think that would actually work in favor of the premise. For example, the humans could wield energy weapons of their own and since one of the most well known facets of the Predator is their highly advanced weaponry, it could make an interesting way to show just how advanced Predators as a species are when they are hunting more advanced humans.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 11, 2013, 10:29:30 PMThe detectives ran towards danger; the CMs ran from it.
Yeah, I distinctly remember Arnie and all his boys running towards the Predator.

Oh wait, they all ran away. Until they went mad, turned to face it and died immediately.

Master Chief

Master Chief

We were talking about the detectives in P2.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 12, 2013, 08:06:04 AM
Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 11, 2013, 10:29:30 PMThe detectives ran towards danger; the CMs ran from it.
Yeah, I distinctly remember Arnie and all his boys running towards the Predator.
Only a couple of them chased the Predator after their trap had failed.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 12, 2013, 08:06:04 AM
Oh wait, they all ran away. Until they went mad, turned to face it and died immediately.
Once they knew they were in over their head, yes they fled. As for them going mad, I would say they were running on emotions. At least Mac was, he just wanted to have some fun.

DoomRulz

I'd say Billy was as well. Who else would be stupid enough to try and go toe-to-toe with a Predator?

Master Chief

Dutch, Harrigan, Keyes, Lambert (only because he was trapped), King Willy...to name a few.

HuDaFuK

Billy had definitely gone over the edge.

Mac was a couple of cans short of a six pack too.

DC

Blaine and Billy seemed like the two most mentally unstable of he six of them to me.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 12, 2013, 05:43:16 PM
Dutch, Harrigan, Keyes, Lambert (only because he was trapped), King Willy...to name a few.

Good point but if I may, I'd like to point out that Dutch had to as he was in a die or die situation, Harrigan had a one up on the Predator as it was missing an arm, and King Willy didn't know who or what he was fighting.

Master Chief

Of course. I was just pointing out that there were plenty who chose to stand up to the Predator in a one-on-one battle.

Quote from: DC on Sep 12, 2013, 05:57:51 PM
Blaine and Billy seemed like the two most mentally unstable of he six of them to me.
I can understand why people say Billy, but why do you say Blain was unstable?

DoomRulz

Well come on Chief. You should know as a military man, no one person walks into battle with a minigun. The recoil is too much to handle!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed