Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 743,779 times)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Wait till the later levels!
I did them out of order,
GOD DAMN THE PACKAGE FINALE!
I just need New Alexandria and then ill have done it all.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

well i've played the later levels on legendary and i've done firefights in legendary. I'm as ready as it can get, plus matchmaking really builds up on your reaction times lol.

Anyways I'm pretty sure i can do it, after all before my old 360 gave up the ghost i did halo 3 and odst on legendary.

speaking of which i need another copy of odst and i need to do halo 3 and odst on legendary again.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I don't have the patience to ever complete games on their hardest difficulty.  Impossible on Dead Space, Legendary on Halo, the harder setting on Ninja Gaiden.  I just get mad and stop playing them.

As a matter of fact, I got tired of dying on Ninja Gaiden under the regular difficulty and haven't ever finished it.

Only exception would be the original AvP PC game.  And only because it was a memory trip after completing the campaigns on realistic.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Well I like to test myself; it also makes me a better player and well i get some good vids and screenshots from it all as well.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 24, 2010, 06:50:05 AM
I don't have the patience to ever complete games on their hardest difficulty.  Impossible on Dead Space, Legendary on Halo, the harder setting on Ninja Gaiden.  I just get mad and stop playing them.

As a matter of fact, I got tired of dying on Ninja Gaiden under the regular difficulty and haven't ever finished it.

Only exception would be the original AvP PC game.  And only because it was a memory trip after completing the campaigns on realistic.

Impossible in DS is easier than you think. Play with only the plasma cutter and use your kinesis and stasis appropriately and you'll do just fine. On Legendary in Halo (at least in Reach) there are bugs you can exploit to make your life easier such as enemies not recognizing an open line of fire. Master Ninja though...yeah, there's no getting through that. The developers made it so that you would kill yourself.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Got to the last level of Reach.
Boy am I fit to bust my Box open. The last level really is a bitch on Heroic.
I know you guys love Emile, but damn was he a lousy shot this time around.
Fortunatly, I am almost done and can play on a mode where the Covenant aren't psychics.
Still a great game with a nice story though. Maybe it is because I haven't played it in about a month.
(Shrugs)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: TheMonolith on Nov 28, 2010, 02:19:55 AM
Fortunatly, I am almost done and can play on a mode where the Covenant aren't psychics.
Still a great game with a nice story though. Maybe it is because I haven't played it in about a month.
(Shrugs)
Love Emile? Who said so?
The dude tries to shoot enemies 150 meters away with a shotgun!
I mean he did shit nothing and ignored his radar..... in certain occasions that I wont mention.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Well, character wise.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: TheMonolith on Nov 28, 2010, 02:19:55 AM
(Shrugs)
Not to sound like a dick but the funny thing is i had an easier time with that level on heroic than on normal.  :P

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Shit.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

^ Well if it makes you feel better, I had an easier time with Heroic than on normal because when i played on normal haven't played a halo game in like 5 months. Also before i did herioc i was kicking Major A** on matching making and fire fight. So yeah by the time i did the camp again i was sharpened and fine tuned for it.  ;D

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Funny story.
On my legendary play through
(FINNALLY FINISHED BTW F**K YES!)
of that level i played through without dying, utilising rockets to take out three banshees and then taking my own mongoose.
After that i made the jump and waited for Emile.
He drove forward slowly got a boost of speed and made the jump,
He then flew through the air and hit the edge of the ledge head on and fell,
Down down down outside the map, into the distance.
I then preceeded to do the next spot in one building taking on countless brutes from hell and jackal with lazers and needle rifles all with a shotgun and rockets. Useless when sticking your head out means death. So i eventually got a DMR and managed to live scruffily and met multiple challenges, the wraith was hell and took 5 rockets to die....
Eventually Emile came back after the cutscene and proceeded to be as helpful as a blind watchdog, repeatedly driving me into the scarabs. I made it through the level in about an hour and a half and practically forgot emile was there considering he just drove a ghost and didnt shoot it, then hid when i fought two hunters and 6 skirmisher alone....
F**k emile.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Nov 28, 2010, 04:55:50 AM
Funny story.
On my legendary play through
(FINNALLY FINISHED BTW F**K YES!)
of that level i played through without dying, utilising rockets to take out three banshees and then taking my own mongoose.
After that i made the jump and waited for Emile.
He drove forward slowly got a boost of speed and made the jump,
He then flew through the air and hit the edge of the ledge head on and fell,
Down down down outside the map, into the distance.
I then preceeded to do the next spot in one building taking on countless brutes from hell and jackal with lazers and needle rifles all with a shotgun and rockets. Useless when sticking your head out means death. So i eventually got a DMR and managed to live scruffily and met multiple challenges, the wraith was hell and took 5 rockets to die....
Eventually Emile came back after the cutscene and proceeded to be as helpful as a blind watchdog, repeatedly driving me into the scarabs. I made it through the level in about an hour and a half and practically forgot emile was there considering he just drove a ghost and didnt shoot it, then hid when i fought two hunters and 6 skirmisher alone....
F**k emile.

My emile on that last part, got complete stuck in a lava pit (the melted metal pot thing) so I had to kill them on my own, i did first try shockingly.  :o I seriously thought i was screwed but i got one of the hunters to shoot the other in the back. Made my day. Than after that emile appear next to me, still didn't help me as a fought off a crap load of elites and one of them had a sword (resorted to major noob tactics, plasma pistol and DMR, bring down shields with pistol and head shot with the dmr.) Frickening annoying.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Yeah. They really needed additional work on the AI for this series.
Finally won. Look forward to knocking it out again.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: TheMonolith on Nov 28, 2010, 05:28:09 AM
Yeah. They really needed additional work on the AI for this series.
The friendly AI? Yes. The enemy AI? No. That's one of the things the series is famous for.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed