Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 743,634 times)

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 16, 2010, 11:50:48 PM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Sep 16, 2010, 10:04:32 PM
Page 117! :D

I love Reach, but I clicked one of NightmareAsylum's spoilers by mistake! Dammit! :'(

Really sorry about that :'(

I got all 5 of today's Firefight challenges! I haven't bought anything yet, saving up for Grunt Birthday Party armor effect!

But arent there only 4 daily challenges?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Dachande on Sep 17, 2010, 12:25:10 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 16, 2010, 08:04:57 PM
Quote from: Dachande on Sep 16, 2010, 06:00:43 AM
And so it is done. Completed Solo on Legendary. Awesome

Any tips for a guy with blood pressure prone to rising?

Yeah, take it slow. Some parts will take forever, but you just need to switch up your tactics. Maybe change an AA if you're stuck, certainly helped me during some parts. And you will die a lot. I finished with 336 deaths.

Figures. If only I had a sniper for every situation. As for AA, you referring to the Spartan abilities?

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 17, 2010, 02:48:38 AM
Quote from: Dachande on Sep 17, 2010, 12:25:10 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 16, 2010, 08:04:57 PM
Quote from: Dachande on Sep 16, 2010, 06:00:43 AM
And so it is done. Completed Solo on Legendary. Awesome

Any tips for a guy with blood pressure prone to rising?

Yeah, take it slow. Some parts will take forever, but you just need to switch up your tactics. Maybe change an AA if you're stuck, certainly helped me during some parts. And you will die a lot. I finished with 336 deaths.

Figures. If only I had a sniper for every situation. As for AA, you referring to the Spartan abilities?

Yeah, for the most part i used Sprint, because it helps to GTFO when you're getting raped. Hologram is helpful when theres a few elites, as it gives you a chance to assassinate them, and i only used Jetpack when required, apart from that, i never used Armor Lock or the Drop Shield.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yeah, I figured I'd have to stick to sprint for that very reason. Did using charged up plasma pistols help much? Or did Elites still require an insane amount of ammo to drop?

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 17, 2010, 02:54:52 AM
Yeah, I figured I'd have to stick to sprint for that very reason. Did using charged up plasma pistols help much? Or did Elites still require an insane amount of ammo to drop?

Never used it, by the time its fully charged, and you've found a target, you're pretty much swiss cheese. Elites were still a nightmare, anything with scopes was best for them. Also i dunno how hard they are to kill in the lower difficulties, but the War Chieftans with the hammers, were piss easy to kill!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You mean the Brutes?

First Blood

First Blood

How'd you deal with the Hunters?  :o

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 17, 2010, 03:00:44 AM
You mean the Brutes?

I thought the guys with hammers were War Chieftans? Same species as Brutes, mind.

@First Blood

Kill everything else first, then get behind them and pray, otherwise sniping the back helped, and if you're stuck in close, they do an animation where they do a 180, and its pretty easy to stay behind them.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yeah, those WC were f**king weak. Three headshots and they go down...gotta love that DMR.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Just beat it on Legendary today with some friends who hadn't beaten the game at all yet. I couldn't help but think of the coming headache when I go back for solo..

But then again, I'll probably be a lot more determined and less distracted- those guys are kind of annoying sometimes..

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 17, 2010, 03:05:17 AM
Yeah, those WC were f**king weak. Three headshots and they go down...gotta love that DMR.

*cough* Or seven >_>

A headache Sweeps? You're in for a tumour!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I was pretty much carrying them though. I did all of New Alexandria while they f*cked around in the Falcons.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: VEF214 on Sep 16, 2010, 09:54:45 PM
Bungie makes the rules. Game canon > book canon. Just a fact of life.

Bungie already said all the novels are canon. Ages ago. When the books came out. Am extremely gutted and annoyed now. Especially as

Spoiler
The implication that Cortana is some kind of Forerunner AI just seems ridiculous. *sigh* Rubbish
[close]

I finished the game, and aside from the latter part of the game's story (last 2 levels), I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Hicks I read online that Halsey's Journal included with the Legendary edition kind of fixes the mess.

Spoiler
I don't have the book, but people were saying that that was only half of Cortana. There was a functoning half with MC, and N6 was bringing the other half installed with Forerunner knowledge.

The iggest problem for me was seeing Halsey talk to Spartan III's before Ghosts of Onyx. Though I think the Journal kind of fixes that too,
[close]

Still, I'm considering giving up on the books. Even though they're great, what's the point if future games continue to overrule them?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Spoiler
I don't know how that would work. Halsey basically said that Cortana was from within the Forerunner structure, the Ai within in. Whereas in Fall of Reach Cortana was a flash-clone type thing of Halsey's own brain. I don't know how this half thing works. My dad got the book so I'll have to have a read.
[close]

But I agree. I love the novels and the thing I always enjoyed most was that Bungie had them as canon, was using the books to fill the gaps and was showing a love and concern not many show with their IPs.

I just finished reading #1 of the Fall of Reach comic adaption and in the back, they had an interview with Frank and some others and they talked about how they looked at all the novels, videos and games to ensure they fit. my arse.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed