Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 744,018 times)

Nightlord

Nightlord

It's the reach zealot armour, for CE anniversary they reskinned it and made it gold with blue lines along the edges.
That seems to be the design blur went with for the cinematic.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 18, 2014, 10:55:03 PM
It didnt look blue to me.
Looks like the marines are using reach based armor, awesome!
They're not, it's essentially re-done Halo 2 armor, which was very green and didn't have Reach's army-based bulkiness.

The CGI cutscenes are looking... ugh. Why. Just why.

I really hope they have three versions; CGI, original in-engine, and current-gen overlay on the in-engine versions. I really don't understand why they even bothered to do them all over in CGI when the game switches so seamlessly between cutscenes and gameplay. I mean, why advertise the atmosphere of the story as something more visually advanced? It just breaks up the tone and seems like an entirely distant story as opposed to being inter-woven.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The new book has been announced. Extremely interesting subject material:

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/halo-broken-circle-coming-in-november

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The Covenant perspectives have been some of my favourite in the existing books; cannot wait to for this novel. I'm very interested to see this completely from their perspectives.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sounds-like-halo-5-master-chief-collection-won-t-come-to-pc-at-least-not-soon/1100-6420619/

Please come to the PC. I love the Halo franchise, but I don't plan to buy a Xbox One.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 21, 2014, 06:10:00 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sounds-like-halo-5-master-chief-collection-won-t-come-to-pc-at-least-not-soon/1100-6420619/

Please come to the PC. I love the Halo franchise, but I don't plan to buy a Xbox One.

I agree with you . In fact , I'm not sure if my country is in a region available to Xbox One . :laugh: If I can get Halo 2 Anniversary on the 360 , nothing else matters .

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

They stop Halo on the PC after Halo 2. I remember I bought Halo: CE on the PC before I got a Xbox. I remember they give us weapons that the Xbox version didn't have.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not John Shirley...:(

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Oh yeah, he wrote some Aliens novels, huh?

Well, from what I heard Karen Traviss' Star Wars books were hardly anything special, but I seem to recall you saying you liked the Kilo-Five trilogy. Hopefully this'll be a similar situation.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 21, 2014, 06:54:28 PM
They stop Halo on the PC after Halo 2. I remember I bought Halo: CE on the PC before I got a Xbox. I remember they give us weapons that the Xbox version didn't have.

Weapons, maps and vehicles. Rocket Hog mothaf**kas

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

That Rocket Hog was amazing, definitely better than the Missile Salvo Hogs. Single shot, required a lot fine timing and aim, and fighting other Rocket Hogs sometimes felt like jousting. It was amazing... really hope they include it in the Halo PC specific maps that had it. Also, I hope they include the Banshees on Blood Gulch like they were in Halo PC (seriously, I could swear that little platform was perfectly meant for a Banshee and not a single pistol).

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think it will be up to MS if they want the Halo games on the PC. MS seems to hate PC gaming though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 21, 2014, 10:10:48 PM
Oh yeah, he wrote some Aliens novels, huh?

Well, from what I heard Karen Traviss' Star Wars books were hardly anything special, but I seem to recall you saying you liked the Kilo-Five trilogy. Hopefully this'll be a similar situation.

He did. They were ultimately letdowns and way too over-the-top. I'll buy this (I'm gonna go check for a pre-order shortly) but I don't have high hopes. :/

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 21, 2014, 06:10:00 AM

This doesn't come as a surprise since MS needs all the help it cant get with XBO. Releasing a heavyweight like Halo onto the PC at this time will cost them much-needed console sales.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Looks like the terminals are going to have the same animation style as CEA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORRngSVRvnw#ws

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed