Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 744,079 times)

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: underbound on Sep 03, 2013, 04:51:30 AM
Oh yeah I always think since reach's release,If they had all this tech and equipment where did it all go? Imagine that conversation.
Crew:Captain,we got the lowest grade armor and guns we never had. Should we get the jet packs and stuff.
Keyes:What did you say?
Crew: We...
Keyes:Shut the hell up and get off this gosh damn ship you covie loving bastards.
(It was a quick thought,someone else could do better than this) sorry for wasting your time.

Hahahah! Yeah basically, right? Lol
Reach being the biggest UNSC Armory on a Planet in the universe, it's no doubt that they had all sorts of great equipment, powerful MAC cannons defending the planet, and all the training grounds for the different factions of the military.

Reach, of course, got glassed by Covvie forces, so it's safe to assume much was lost regarding experimental tech as well as a good majority of the UNSC itself. The Assault Rifle, for instance, probably had different variations of itself, the ones used in Reach were more powerful but had less ammo capacity. Probably had larger bullets, where as the AR from Halo CE had a large clip but less power and accuracy. Probably had smaller bullets to make up for the lack of stopping power or range.   

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Like NA, I think we're reading too much into gameplay mechanics.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I just want every sound effect from Halo 1 to be back, and to never change.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 04, 2013, 06:07:52 AM

Give ShadowPred all the Flood sound effects!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 04, 2013, 04:06:52 PM

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

There needs to be a training mode that just dumps you into a Flood infested hell hole.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: King Rathalos on Sep 04, 2013, 09:34:20 PM

There needs to be a training mode that just dumps you into a Flood infested hell hole.

That would make for a sweet horde mode!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: King Rathalos on Sep 04, 2013, 09:34:20 PM

Flood Firefight, essentially. I wanted something like that since ODST :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Flood Campaign

ODST team searching old ruins for something or other some shadow ops mission of sorts. ODST encounter Flood, members being taken out one by one. You continue the game as the lone ODST member, the mission is f**ked, you're in deep shit, you're only mission is to survive and get the hell out of dodge.

Despite all my ranting, this is what I would play the shit out of. Basically Area 51 for the PS2 and Xbox, but scarier and more Halo.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 05, 2013, 02:58:49 AM
Flood Campaign

ODST team searching old ruins for something or other some shadow ops mission of sorts. ODST encounter Flood, members being taken out one by one. You continue the game as the lone ODST member, the mission is f**ked, you're in deep shit, you're only mission is to survive and get the hell out of dodge.

Despite all my ranting, this is what I would play the shit out of. Basically Area 51 for the PS2 and Xbox, but scarier and more Halo.

That'd be sweet. I loved Area 51 too. Double Shotguns ftw

DC

DC

The only game I ever found the Flood scary in was Combat Evolved. In both games after that they just come off as cheap zombie knock-offs in space.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

...The games where we actually begin ot learn more about them and they play a much larger role in changing the story is when they became "Lolspacezombies"?

..That's nearly all they were in the first one what even-

DC

DC

Quote from: KNIGHT on Sep 10, 2013, 12:29:01 AM
...The games where we actually begin ot learn more about them and they play a much larger role in changing the story is when they became "Lolspacezombies"?

..That's nearly all they were in the first one what even-

QuoteThe only game I ever found the Flood scary in

They revealed too much about the Flood too fast for them to ever be scary again to me.

Quote..That's nearly all they were in the first one what even-

So, Mr. Badass, you didn't jump even a little when Halo: Combat Evolved did that unexpected 180 plot-twist and threw in mutant, gurgling, amalgamated, twisted, grotesque, and abominable freaks of nature that, at first, literally attacked you in swarms of THOUSANDS . . . ?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I came here to comment on the flood, but I noticed that it's only been a page since I bitched about them.

DC

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed