Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 743,565 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Well it's still highly creativity based, so you've got to have a pretty clear idea of what you want to get out of your construction; that said it may not change your mind in that respect, but you'll love playing what other people have to offer.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Oct 10, 2012, 03:43:30 AM
Well it's still highly creativity based, so you've got to have a pretty clear idea of what you want to get out of your construction; that said it may not change your mind in that respect, but you'll love playing what other people have to offer.

So pretty much the video will be a waste of time for me then.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I... don't know. Just watch it.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

You can still enjoy how pretty it looks

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Oct 10, 2012, 03:47:34 AM
I... don't know. Just watch it.

Was hoping someone would be able to tell me based on my feelings on forge if the 10 minutes is worth my time. f**k it...here's hoping that I come out wanting to actually play on forge and know that I will enjoy it.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The new Forge stuff looked really great, but much like ShadowPred, I've never been much for making my own things (apart from the Elephant of Constant Explosion, or the Pit of Death [filled with constant explosions]).

However, I've always rather enjoyed some of the more creative maps and gametypes, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with those.

4:12

"Reverse grav" you say?

I really hope that means what I think it means. ;D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The only good thing that came out of that video was MAGNETS. So I pretty much left the way I began when I played the video.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Oct 10, 2012, 03:51:53 AM
4:12

"Reverse grav" you say?

I really hope that means what I think it means. ;D

Inception!

Nightlord

Nightlord

343, put up one of the Halo 4 terminals, if you haven't read Thursday war you probably won't know what's going on.
Very nice improvement over the Anniversary terminals and the elites have an actual language now, very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC72rqIvgRs#ws

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I don't actually like the new language coming in at this part of the timeline, even if they were pretty loose about it before. I mean, did they completely disregard their communcations in every prior game where their communication mattered? It was always English, with humans and amongst themselves.

"Brute ships, staggered line! Shipmaster, they outnumber us three to one!"
"Then it is an even fight. All cruisers fire at will-- burn their mongrel hides!"

to

"AUOR COOBITANA! SHOOBITAN, IKINITEBOOWA!"
"ONO HITYOKO. INTINI WIKIBONO KATAE MONGRL HIDES!"

It just sounds like a poor dubbed translation after everything we've heard.

The Terminals look cool though, and at least there are Elite characters, even though they've lost their former personality.

Nightlord

Nightlord

I know what you mean, but these elites
Spoiler
are from a distant colony that didn't even know the war was over
[close]
, so them developing their own language is no big deal to me.
But when we see Arby again and if he's not speaking english then I'll be mad.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightlord on Oct 10, 2012, 07:58:26 AM
I know what you mean, but these elites
Spoiler
are from a distant colony that didn't even know the war was over
[close]
, so them developing their own language is no big deal to me.
Man, this just reminds me of just how 'out' I am on the recent canon developments... thanks for the info, that actually makes me feel better about that situation.

QuoteBut when we see Arby again and if he's not speaking english then I'll be mad.
This for sure.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Just a noob question here, but all these things that you do in Forge, you can save that as its own map, yes? You don't have to do it all over when you want to play a match, no? :D

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yup, you can create your own map with everything down to the spawns up to your placement. You can name it and give it a description just like with the gametype edits. It's pretty damn awesome.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Nice. Me and my friends tried it out in Halo 3, but we only used it to drop down tanks and blow the shit out of each other. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed