Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 743,572 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I always feel like one of a small minority who actually like the Flood. I find them fun to combat and compelling to think about.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 19, 2012, 02:55:19 AM
I always feel like one of a small minority who actually like the Flood. I find them fun to combat and compelling to think about.

Nope, I too love the Flood, both from a gameplay perspective and a story perspective. Even if they were ridiculously tough to beat in CE :P

Also, glad to hear you're liking Wars!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 19, 2012, 02:55:19 AM

I wish I found them to be fun. They would always annoy me. Halo 3 did the worst crime by bullshitting the Flood somehow f**king "JUMPING" in the most convenient of places....right at the damn Ark (it's been a while, so I may have that wrong). God did I hate that. Halo 2 I wasn't expecting them at all, I thought they were done for in Halo: CE, but when I saw that damn spore...just as the Arbiter looked at it, I was already infuriated.

Although I have said about a year or two back, that if there were to be a game that was pure Horror, and about The Flood, I would definitely play it.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 19, 2012, 03:00:43 AM
I wish I found them to be fun. They would always annoy me. Halo 3 did the worst crime by bullshitting the Flood somehow f**king "JUMPING" in the most convenient of places....right at the damn Ark (it's been a while, so I may have that wrong).

They didn't randomly jump; they travelled through the same portal that the UNSC and Covvies used.

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 19, 2012, 03:00:43 AM
Although I have said about a year or two back, that if there were to be a game that was pure Horror, and about The Flood, I would definitely play it.

I'm with you on that. Play as a marine, no shields, limited ammo, dark rooms... Perfection. And I mean a real marine, not the ODST-still-kinda-superhuman-but-not-as-much-as-the-Chief marines.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

From a story perspective they were consistently interesting and a great element, but I only found them to be fun combatants in Halo CE and Halo 2; Halo 3 just pushed it with the Spine Throwers or whatever, and it became a chore. Particularly on Legendary.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'd love a horror based Flood survival game as well, been saying so for a while, actually.

Marines, if you ever end up reading Halo Evolutions there is a great story in there about a group of Marines in a ship over near Installation 04 whose ship gets infested by Flood. Really intense, creepy story from what I remember. They actually adapted it into a motion comic on Waypoint, I should watch that...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Well, that story along makes me wanna read Evolutions. Never been much of a comic guy, but that just sounds too great to pass up.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 19, 2012, 03:10:52 AM
Well, that story along makes me wanna read Evolutions. Never been much of a comic guy, but that just sounds too great to pass up.

Evolutions isn't a comic, its a rather large collection of short stories, most of which range from really good to excellent. That one is actually the longest I think, over a hundred pages long. On Halo Waypoint they adapted a few of the stories into motion comics, the Flood one (I forget the name) being one of them :)

My favorite story in the book was Human Weakness, which dealt with Cortana's situation in the time between Halo 2 and Halo 3.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Oh, thought that was a collection of comic stories for some reason.

Either way, I really wanna check that out.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Oh, gods. And why the hell did I punish myself by playing all the games on Legendary?

Halo:CE...you all know what part I'm talking about.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

You know, I've actually never beaten a Halo game on Legendary. Halo 3 is the only one I even did on Heroic, and that was co-op...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 19, 2012, 03:15:38 AM
Oh, gods. And why the hell did I punish myself by playing all the games on Legendary?

Halo:CE...you all know what part I'm talking about.

Oh Christ... I couldn't even do CE on Heroic!

Managed to beat 3 on Legendary, but coop. ODST and Reach I managed to do solo, somehow...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Ever since beating Halo Reach on Legendary, and earning that BEAT REACH SOLO LEGENDARY achievement. I said "might as well try my hand at all of them."

So I did, and The Flood made me pay for it, not a big problem in Halo 3 (except for that one shitty as designed level where you finally get Cortana), or in Halo 2...but in Halo: CE, that's when I was nearly in tears.

But I was victorious. And it was only because I had a shotgun, and managed to get the an invisibility cloak. The entire time I was running and gunning my way out of there, sometimes lost because i had no idea where I was going.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Halo CE on Legendary vs...CoD 4 on Veteran. Which is harder?

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 19, 2012, 04:16:48 AM
Halo CE on Legendary vs...CoD 4 on Veteran. Which is harder?

Halo CEA by far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed