original alien3 idea or the one they filmed?

Started by 0PIY, Dec 04, 2007, 03:25:36 AM

Author
original alien3 idea or the one they filmed? (Read 2,655 times)

0PIY

which did you guys like? the alien3 idea that was pitched by Vincent Ward, or the one that was shot on film?

for those who havent heard the original idea, its this...

"The concept by Vincent Ward based on which the movie was green-lighted involved a wooded planet and a group of monks who thought they were living in post-apocalyptic dark ages, and had a middle-ages lifestyle. The group refused all kinds of modern technology, and when Ripley and the alien crash-land on Earth they would blame Ripley for the alien attacks. Ripley was to be impregnated by the alien "the old-fashioned way" rather than through a face-hugger, and therefore being impregnated with a human-alien hybrid. According to the storyboards, she would dream of half human-half alien hybrids"

at the end she was to walk into a burning cornfield, killing herself.

i personally like the original idea more because it would have given Ripley more realistic feelings about what happend to her in Alien an Aliens.  i also liked the fact that they wouldnt have showed the human alien hybrid.  You kind of had to hear the way Vince Ward descrbed it on the special features for Alien3 on the quadrilogy box set.

what do you think is better?

Resurrection

The original idea.  That would have been more interesting to watch in my opinion than the filmed idea.  I thought the ending for Alien 3 kinda sucked.

schwa

I personally really liked the assembly cut of Alien 3.  The original idea is interesting, but I don't like the idea of the wooden planet.  I do think that they should have implemented more of the ideas from Vincent Ward's vision into what had actually been made though.

Purebreedalien

The one they filmed. Fury 161 is cool.  :)

SM

I would've liked to have seen Ward's version realised if they found an intelligent way around some of the more fantastical elements.  The only other script that was worth much chop was Twohy's IMO.

But the one we have probably does that (to an extreme degree admittedly).

AvPvTerminator

Not sure :-\ they both arent my kinda movie

I am Mother

I am Mother

The assembly cut ruled and was SOOOOO much better than the theatrical release.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone else read the script that put Hicks and Bishop, (With Ripley in a coma and Newt sent back to Earth), on Gateway when it all goes to shit? I'm not sure if it was a fan-script or a genuinely pitched idea, but that would have been absolutely amazing!!

It would also have pleased those who felt like A3 should have been Ripleys dream (though I cant think why anyone would want to do a "Dallas" to a series as good as this lol)

0PIY

do you have a link to this script?

i would very much like to read it
:]

thank you

maledoro

I am Mother

I am Mother

Quote from: maledoro on Dec 05, 2007, 01:49:22 AM
http://www.awesomefilm.com/script/Alien3.txt.

Dude, do you know if it was just a fan script or a rl pitch? Just out of curiosity lol

maledoro

Quote from: I am Mother on Dec 05, 2007, 02:02:19 AM
Dude, do you know if it was just a fan script or a rl pitch? Just out of curiosity lol
Dood itz da reel thing!!

TrekGuy 90

TrekGuy 90

I like certain elements of the Gibson draft, even if it seems dated today, (it's very much a product of the late 80's, lots of metaphors for the Cold War/AIDS), but essentially, it's "Aliens 2," which I wouldn't have wanted. The Ward concept would have been visually magnificent, but lacked logical cohesion, and played fast and loose with the Alien life-cycle. The Twohy concept, (an inmate named Styles and assorted others on a prison station with an alien) had great atmosphere, but didn't really add anything to the mythos, and killed Ripley off-screen, in-between movies, (if fans were pissed about Hicks and Newt, imagine how upset they'd be over that:o) The Eric Red draft also killed off Ripley in exchange for a "Mary Sue," Marine named Sam Smith, who battled assorted aliens on a farm/1950's town/space station, (which was crap, obviously). Overall, I thought the Gibson draft was the best of the rejected screenplays, but unfortunately, Fox never really found the right concept for a third film, (although a quick combination of the Ward and Twohy concepts using some sets built for the Ward version resulted in the final Alien 3).   

maledoro

You forgot about the humans turning into adult aliens by breathing in "spores", in the Gibson script.

SM

Which smacks of vomiting embryos down a hosts throat.  :P

I am Mother

I am Mother

Quote from: maledoro on Dec 05, 2007, 02:12:33 AM
You forgot about the humans turning into adult aliens by breathing in "spores", in the Gibson script.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/maledoro/Elves/laugh.gif
That was the only thing bout that script that I didn't like!!

Funny now that apparentely thats how the Predalien gats down. Wonder where they got the idea? lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed