Rumor: Cameron wanting to do an 'Aliens' Prequel.

Started by 0321recon, May 29, 2019, 03:31:02 AM

Author
Rumor: Cameron wanting to do an 'Aliens' Prequel. (Read 6,078 times)

0321recon

Christ. Supposedly his source is Aliens actor Ricco Ross. I'll just leave it at that.   :laugh:

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Huggs on May 29, 2019, 04:05:00 AM
A prequel for aliens is about the last thing in the world I could see happening.

Nothing now could suprise me. Cameron might go even crazier than Ridley.

Quote from: 0321recon on May 29, 2019, 04:08:38 AM
Christ. Supposedly his source is Aliens actor Ricco Ross. I'll just leave it at that.   :laugh:

Its gonna be a Frost prequel on Arcturus.  :P

0321recon

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 29, 2019, 04:10:51 AM
A prequel for aliens is about the last thing in the world I could see happening.

Nothing now could suprise me. Cameron might go ever crazier than Ridley.

Unless the mouse throws him over the loop or they threatened to cut his one his blue people  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Huggs

Walter gets sent back through time to stop David on LV223.

Samhain13

Quote from: Huggs on May 29, 2019, 04:16:26 AM

We all know Cameron will want to bring Weaver back, if there is going to be any time travelling involved it will lead to David vs Ripley.

Nostromo

Aliens prequel? Alien Isolation? bringing in Amanda maybe? Hopefully no Zula.

Huggs

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 29, 2019, 04:18:41 AM
Quote from: Huggs on May 29, 2019, 04:16:26 AM

We all know Cameron will want to bring Weaver back, if there is going to be any time travelling involved it will lead to David vs Ripley.

He'll just snag the plot from another film like he did with avatar.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Well I've seen a snippet of the interview Louis shared via the WY Bulletin (which I can't embed here) and Ricco Ross is talking about de-aging Sigourney for a prequel. Don't have the full context.

Done a tiny digging on my own and apparently Sigourney didn't mention this in a recent catch up with another Aliens cast member.

TC

What could an Aliens prequel be but the story of the fall of Hadley's Hope. IOW, Alien: River of Pain?

But what's Ripley/Sigourney Weaver to do with this? Some sort of confusion with Weaver's role in Avatar sequels, perhaps?

But then, why would Cameron bring Ricco Ross into the conversation? Colonial Marines prequel?

??? Too many questions.

TC

SM

Drukathi

Ok, it's rumor. But why a prequel? Sounds so weird. Why not a sequel?

I want to say:
AvP films - ex-prequels to Alien.
Prometheus & Covenant - prequels to Alien
And THIS - prequels to Aliens?
Another prequel?

Too much prequels for one universe. Alien Universe lives in prequels? Lives in past? It looks like something philosophical. ;D

No - need a sequel! Not a sequel for a prequel, but sequel for sequels.

PsyKore

What about a sidequel? :P

But honestly, I'd be down for a story showing something in the interim after Alien and leading up to Aliens. Even a story about Hadley's, despite knowing the outcome, could be really compelling if done right. Or they could even expand on Weyland Yutani and shed some light on the ones that know of the Alien. I dunno, there's many possibilities - I don't think it should be completely written off. I probably wouldn't want to see Sigourney de-aged or anything to do with the marines though. Definitely don't want time-travel shenanigans.

Corporal Hicks

People giving Luis shit on Facebook:

QuoteWhat I did is just share Ricco Ross words, he told us that "in a dinner with Cameron and others from Aliens cast Cameron said he is working in 4 movies (3 avatar) and the 4th was an Aliens prequel" that's all, Ricco is the source and that is what I know at the moment,

0321recon

0321recon

I've seen the posts and I could see why their crapping on him though he's just the messenger. The idea that Cameron is going for is a bit out there, especially with trying to de-age Sigourney and set a story with her before Aliens. I could see some not wanting to touch the original timeline of both two films and are getting defensive about it, though also I could see telling a sidequel story in between both films, though with Sigourney?

Voodoo Magic

We think canon conversations are fun now...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed