Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 286,028 times)

Master

Master

It`s sad it shows how unoriginal and poor Prometheus "enemy" was.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Master on May 07, 2014, 01:10:18 PM

There's a vague resemblance...

I wouldn't call it a striking resemblance

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Other than the color, I don't see too much resemblance. I'm still going for an Alpha comparison as it's also thematically relevant. My guess is that we'll see several forms of the creature as it evolves/mutates. I still have my fingers crossed NECA makes a figure.

I asked NECA on Twitter if we would be getting a figure of the mutant. Their response was "can't say until we know more & right now I know very little about the upcoming books".

Master

Master

Quote from: happypred on May 07, 2014, 03:21:44 PM
Quote from: Master on May 07, 2014, 01:10:18 PM

There's a vague resemblance...

I wouldn't call it a striking resemblance

It was related to Goo being T-Virus and Prometheus film. I`m not talking about the creatures.

Ultramorph

Over at the Dark Horse website, Mike Richardson did a nice statement about HR Giger yesterday, and the picture that accompanied it was the Palumbo cover to Aliens: Fire and Stone #3.

You can read his statement at: http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/1709/mike-richardson-hr-giger

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 14, 2014, 11:14:53 PM

Now that's the type of alien mug I like to see

Properly terrifying and reminds me why these creatures creeped me the f*ck out when I was a wee lad

Corporal Hicks

Veerrrryyy nice! Think that needs front-paging shortly.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I noticed another interesting parallel between what we've seen of "Fire and Stone" and some of the older comics; namely, low-tech guard robots. Maybe this reboot will be about Kleist's rise to power as "the Father" of the Bug Men.  :laugh:

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Nothing new, but Bleeding Cool has some pics of the "Fire and Stone" covers, complete with titles, from the Diamond Retailer Summit in Vegas: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/18/the-covers-for-aliens-alien-vs-predator-and-prometheus-fire-and-stone/

I have my fingers crossed that Dark Horse does a line of posters based on these covers.

Ultramorph

I asked Patric Reynolds over on Tumblr "Anything you can spill about the new Aliens series?" and his resposne, while not including much new info, did hint at some of the marketing we can expect in the near future.

QuoteSure!  The series is actually part of a much larger story that also includes the Prometheus, Predator, and Aliens VS Predator story arcs.  All of the series will fit together and cross over (SPOILER ALERT:  some more than others), and at the core is a group of about six or seven main characters that are completely new.  I was asked to design the main core group of characters and some new ships, and Prometheus artist Juan Ferreyra designed some beautifully terrifying new monsters for this relaunch. The  stories and characters were inspired to varying degrees by by classic literature and film, such as Moby Dick, Frankenstein, and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (damn!).  As far as the "Aliens" series is concerned, the story is full all new characters, and it will steer away from the more recent Colonial Marines-induced stories and focus more on the survival horror theme that was so strong in the first "Alien" film.  Dark Horse is promoting the hell out of all of these series, with lots of nicely done exclusives and other surprises to be released this year at San Diego Comic Con, and Rose City Comic Con in Portland, too.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I assume the surprise at San Diego Comic-con is likely going to be the Ahab figure which NECA will be doing. As for the rest, I am guessing that they are more than likely also promoting the rest of the stuff for the Alien anniversary.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 20, 2014, 04:33:52 AMAhab figure which NECA will be doing.

Whoah...I didn't know that

Links?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on May 20, 2014, 06:28:53 AM
Whoah...I didn't know that

Links?

No links, but the Dark Horse writing team did say that NECA was going to be doing figures of the characters for the new series. They stated it at the ECC Q&A Panel.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 20, 2014, 06:32:33 AM
No links, but the Dark Horse writing team did say that NECA was going to be doing figures of the characters for the new series. They stated it at the ECC Q&A Panel.

This is very good news. I'd love to get my hands on an Ahab figure. I hope the writers of this series really put some thought into developing his character

AvP-R is a highly flawed movie but it did give us a memorable predator. Wolf had a great design (with mask). I hope Ahab will at least be as memorable as Wolf

Dark Horse seems to be really putting its weight behind this new series. I hope it doesn't turn out to be another Three World War

Ultramorph

I would agree that the SDCC exclusive will be Ahab. Scott Allie said at ECCC that the Ahab figure would be premiering in July, which he thought was kind of unfortunate given that the comics don't start until September. NECA told me on Twitter that they themselves don't know too much about "Fire and Stone" yet, but I've got my fingers crossed that we get a Galgo, mutant Elden, and maybe even adult Deacon figure.

As far as other exclusives, hopefully we get some posters of Palumbo's and Gist's covers. I would love to have a medium sized copy of Palumbo's ECCC mural on my wall.  :) This is a stretch, but maybe we'll eventually see some kind of "The Art of Fire and Stone" art-book. Dark Horse has talked a bit recently about how much success they've had doing those for their video game properties, so who knows.

I think from what we've seen so far, I wouldn't be too afraid of this being as bad as TWW. I just want a story that feels like it matters to this universe.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 20, 2014, 04:37:52 PMI think from what we've seen so far, I wouldn't be too afraid of this being as bad as TWW. I just want a story that feels like it matters to this universe.
At the very least the art is way better than TWW

I can't say the internal art is draw dropping but it beats that of TWW by a country mile

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed