Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 286,138 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 25, 2014, 11:16:17 PM
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 25, 2014, 11:03:15 PM
I feel gooood they should be more official than anything previously, shows they're serious.

I don't see how toys of reboot characters would make anything previous less official.

It shows they have confidence in this product.
If it's as successful as they think (More so than the previous comics) then you can be damn sure it's official.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 25, 2014, 11:33:00 PM
It shows they have confidence in this product.
If it's as successful as they think (More so than the previous comics) then you can be damn sure it's official.

But isn't all released media released within the past twenty years regarding Alien and Predator considered official as it is? How could you get more official than well.. official?

Kind of a skewed view there.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

To me the more represented it is the more official it is and not tucked under the carpet.
Hence why I follow the Star Wars tier system for every franchise. Movies of the main series being the main "canon" if you will.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 25, 2014, 11:43:17 PM
To me the more represented it is the more official it is and not tucked under the carpet.
Hence why I follow the Star Wars tier system for every franchise. Movies of the main series being the main "canon" if you will.

Well.. already previous EU characters are having their own toys released. There are talks of Machiko and Broken Tusk getting toys.. Sooooo... Heh heh! We need a shrug emoticon here.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Machino got a Toy, yeah the Hot Toys one.
Broken Tusk might.

That pales in comparision to an entire (new also) series of characters.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 25, 2014, 11:52:00 PM

We're also getting the video game Predators from AvP2, AvP3 and Concrete Jungle.. And maybe, JUST maybe Capcom's AvP.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 25, 2014, 11:58:05 PM
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 25, 2014, 11:52:00 PM

We're also getting the video game Predators from AvP2, AvP3 and Concrete Jungle.. And maybe, JUST maybe Capcom's AvP.

Hardly, I wasn't aware. Thank you.

RakaiThwei

Notice the logo on Galgo's jacket? It's the Weyland-Yutani logo.. Not necessarily so much Weyland Corp's logo.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Good point, after Alien then?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 26, 2014, 01:24:50 AM
Good point, after Alien then?

And here I was thinking this was all going to take place shortly after Prometheus.

When did Weyland-Yutani merge?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

QuoteJW: Actually the order of the books will be Prometheus, Alien, AVP with Predator coming out last. We'll actually be announcing the release dates at ECCC.

SA: Well, Predator is the last of the four miniseries, but then the fifth book, the Omega book, wraps it all up.

QuoteThese seventeen issues aren't the most massive interconnected story comics readers have been asked to check out. But we are working hard to strike a balance to allow each writer to tell a whole story, and each reader to read only the books he wants to read.

QuoteJW: Galgo's a character that first appears in Prometheus, but makes his way through AVP and into Predator, becoming the main character for my book.

Very, very interesting. "Fire and Stone" as the overall umbrella title and "Omega" with a mystery writer? I won't even speculate on who the mystery writer will be, since we'll find out this weekend, but I'm thinking this might be a direct teaser for Prometheus 2, perhaps. Or maybe that's where the real Engineer/Xeno/Predator crossover battle royale stuff will happen. As far as "Fire and Stone," fire has the obvious Prometheus connections, but we'll have to wait and see.

As far as setting, I'd say it's safe to say they'll take place shortly after Prometheus.

As far as figures, I'd love one of Galgo with that Engineer rifle, and an adult Deacon or Xeno-Deacon would look nice on my shelf.

SM

SM

QuoteWhen did Weyland-Yutani merge?

Sometime between 2094 and 2120.

If you take the service records from the DVDs into account then it could be between 2094 and 2108.

When Weyland and his heir don't return, it could've thrown the Company into some turmoil necessitating a merger.  And all this could've happened within a few years of Prometheus.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 26, 2014, 01:50:49 AM
I'm thinking this might be a direct teaser for Prometheus 2, perhaps.

Considering that Green is doing the rewrites to the Prometheus 2 script that Jack Plaegen wrote, I doubt that is the case. A possibility but I have my doubts.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 25, 2014, 11:01:15 PM
I... don't know how to feel about the reboot characters getting toys.
It's objectively awesome.

This kind of cross-platform multimedia stuff reminds me of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, where it got a novel, a comic series, a video game, a soundtrack, and a toyline.

If they're really aiming for having these new comics tie in with each other and they're getting their own toyline, and the rumors are true that it's also going to tie together with the current 'Alien' trilogy of novels and Alien: Isolation, it could be pretty great (if they pull it off).

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 26, 2014, 03:00:02 AM
the rumors are true that it's also going to tie together with the current 'Alien' trilogy of novels and Alien: Isolation, it could be pretty great (if they pull it off).

Remind me.. What rumors?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed