Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 286,097 times)

Ultramorph

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 15, 2014, 06:48:27 PM
Actually look at the scale, I think it's an Engineer weapon.

Now, that could be cool.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Makes sense too, it's biomechanical yet vaguely human.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That's the kind of thing I really hope they're bold enough to do with this series. Also, is it part of the gun, or is a tail/tentacle wrapping around him?

Also, I can't wait to see what this poor guy who falls into what looks like a lake or ocean on LV-223 sees down there.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

It's definitely part of the gun, look at the circle on the bottom and lack of spikes.

And about going to bold places...

Ultramorph

Haha, I'm not sure if that's for Prometheus or his other series with Tobin, Colder, but if it is for Prometheus, looks like we'll see what results from a human having a make-out session with a Trilobite.

RakaiThwei

All this stuff on Prometheus and Alien... What about Predator?

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Since the Deacon and trilobite are inspired by deep-sea creatures, I'm definitely suspecting it's an... Alien lol.

There's a lot of room for what it could be.

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 15, 2014, 07:07:26 PM

Aside from the cover and that Ferreyra preview image (the Predator on what's clearly an Engineer ship with black goo running down the steps), not much has been released  for the Predator series yet.

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 15, 2014, 07:10:50 PM
Since the Deacon and trilobite are inspired by deep-sea creatures, I'm definitely suspecting it's an... Alien lol.

There's a lot of room for what it could be.

A black goo- infused Goblin Shark would be awesome. I'd also like to see some something really huge and awful like a xeno-Nessie.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Predator is looking to just be a drop-in and out character like in the first two films, Prometheus is the beating heart of these comics and therefore it's connections with Alien, they have a lot they can explore with the new concepts introduced. What can they honestly do with the Predator that fits with the Prometheus vibe? Or what can they show that hasn't been done before without spoiling anything?

I really don't know what they'd show.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 15, 2014, 07:17:34 PM

Predator is looking to just be a drop-in and out character like in the first two films, Prometheus is the beating heart of these comics and therefore it's connections with Alien, they have a lot they can explore with the new concepts introduced. What can they honestly do with the Predator that fits with the Prometheus vibe? Or what can they show that hasn't been done before without spoiling anything?

I really don't know what they'd show.

I'd like them to do something with how Predators and Engineers interact, maybe even establish some history between the two. Some of Sebela's comments have indicated they won't be doing that, unfortunately. Unless of course he was just referring to his AvP series, and Williamson is doing that in Predators. We'll have to see.

Also, Sebela said there won't be any Super Predators, yet sources seem to be split on whether Williamson's series is called Predator or PredatorS. It would be weird to call it Predators and not have Super Preds.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 15, 2014, 07:24:08 PM
Some of Sebela's comments have indicated they won't be doing that, unfortunately.

When was this? Because I do know he did say we will be seeing an AvPvE fight..

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 15, 2014, 07:24:08 PM
Also, Sebela said there won't be any Super Predators, yet sources seem to be split on whether Williamson's series is called Predator or PredatorS. It would be weird to call it Predators and not have Super Preds.

You do know that a lot of comic book geek sites out there can't tell the differences between overall franchise names and film titles.. right? So far every promotional material from Dark Horse has labeled it PREDATOR, not PREDATORS.

Also Williamson did say that he will be focusing on one Predator, who is hunting for a white whale, so to speak.

Ultramorph

I wasn't saying there won't be an AvPvE fight, I was referring to Sebela's answer to your fan question about the Engineers creating the Predators. His answer made it seem that they won't be delving into the backstory of the Predators and Engineers to any great degree. That's good, in that we won't get something awful like "Engineers created the Preds!" But bad in that it could mean we don't get much backstory at all.

As for the PredatorS issue, you're right about most sites not knowing their heads from their butts, so I'll concede that point.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 15, 2014, 07:35:44 PM
I wasn't saying there won't be an AvPvE fight, I was referring to Sebela's answer to your fan question about the Engineers creating the Predators. His answer made it seem that they won't be delving into the backstory of the Predators and Engineers to any great degree. That's good, in that we won't get something awful like "Engineers created the Preds!" But bad in that it could mean we don't get much backstory at all.

I will say that is something which I am thankful we will not be getting. And I hope we NEVER get that idea. It just really rubs me the wrong way at the idea of Engineers creating the Predators. I really can't explain it in words but.. I just feel like it would be just as bad or worse than the whole Hish idea.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 15, 2014, 07:35:44 PM
As for the PredatorS issue, you're right about most sites not knowing their heads from their butts, so I'll concede that point.

Well then, there you go!

Ultramorph

Engineers creating Predators would be truly awful, but I hope we at least get some kind of hint at the relationship between the two species, even if it's something as simple as saying that they've had little contact save a few nasty accidental run-ins. I'd love backstory where the main Predator is hunting an Engineer because it killed his entire hunting party in some bloody incident years before.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 15, 2014, 07:45:19 PM
I hope we at least get some kind of hint at the relationship between the two species

If you count AvP-R, which features a trophy room that does show an Engineer helmet.. I would think they have a pretty antagonistic relationship to begin with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed