tonton

tonton

This movie is going to be so f**king gross

I can't wait

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Qwertify on May 16, 2012, 04:00:53 AM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 16, 2012, 03:48:17 AM
supposedly from Ridley's original notes - where Dallas had been a decorated war veteran who was dishonorably discharged after a wartime disaster, and then eventually ended up at Weyland-Yutani.

yeah Dallas was a great character too - no doubt. I did read that when asked about the question whether Janek wasn't just another Dallas Elba or Scott said "No" with the main difference being that Janek has a military background.

Well, it's been ages since those bios were written, I imagine they're long-forgotten, and they may not have been Scott's after all, or he just may not bother to recall, as it's really just fannish minutiae that has no bearing on the films.  But certainly Janek seems a bit more chipper about his job (the Christmas tree, etc) than Dallas did his.

Mind, he's captaining a top of the line, high-profile exploratory mission, so it's likely Janek's life and career have turned out much better for him than Dallas's did - from dishonorable discharge to working on a beat-up tug that may pre-date Prometheus.  You can easily fanwank it to say it's two ex-military men, one stout-hearted, one beaten and disillusioned.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 16, 2012, 04:09:34 AM
Quote from: Qwertify on May 16, 2012, 03:21:16 AMWell - nothing more scary for a homophobe than an alien ass-flower snake slithering about in your suit wanting to tear through your underpants.
Spoiler
[close]

LOL I can just imagine that being Jacky's reaction in the theater.

And yeah - that must be God awful - to have something so close to you and be helpless about it. I got that feeling from the acid face melt. You got acid all over your face but you can't even try to get it off because of the glass.

I won't deny that Dallas had such a background - and since it was in Alien or linked to it, it may as well as be considered as part of Ridley Canon. I also get that Dallas has gone through a hypersleep cycle too many and is just downbeat about another mining haul. I will say I was too strong in my treatment of Dallas vs. Janek. They are both great characters.

It still begs the question nevertheless, even with Dallas's military background. Is he down trodden about his job or does he really just not have the leadership and the damn to give about the whole situation to begin with? For me - impossible to tell. I won't argue that - I think it is just too vague. i.e. He says do what the company tells you to do can stem either from the fact that he is worn down and disillusioned as you say, or that he simply lacks the ability to take initiative.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Oh, I'm not saying those dossiers are definitely canon.  I take them as such because they seem legit, but it's really anyone's call, not that they have much bearing on anything unless you want them to.

I think Dallas just seems worn down.  He doesn't seem like a weak man, per se; he's just been on the job too long and, as he tells Ripley, wants to get the hell out of there, and not just off the planet.  He also appeared to have a longstanding professional relationship with Kane - or maybe I'm misremembering some point from the novelization years ago, that may be bullshit - and broke quarantine and was lax on the rules to let him back in.  Janek, we can't really say what kind of character he is beyond a few inferences from the actor and what we've seen - focused on the job, prestigious assignment, and lighthearted enough to install a Christmas tree onboard.

JayHy17

JayHy17

holy sh!t.

modprecar

modprecar

The creature fighting with Shaw is the mutated holloway & some of the crew are infected by these new bio form snakehuggers & jelly squid style f**kers i have a strong feeling that also one of the crew members becomes the space jockey. Thats my theory.

Effectz

Effectz

Not holloway,Think the jockey is just burned on his face and arms.

Looks ok.

Not looking so good.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

SPACE JOCKEY DANCE PARTY GO

UNTZUNTZUNTZ

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: modprecar on May 16, 2012, 06:23:44 AM
The creature fighting with Shaw is the mutated holloway & some of the crew are infected by these new bio form snakehuggers & jelly squid style f**kers i have a strong feeling that also one of the crew members becomes the space jockey. Thats my theory.

That really sounds like the best theory to me. Holloway is too important to simply die. Plus - they never show what happens to him other than that he is infected. I doubt he simply becomes mutated and gets flamethrowered.
Plus - he is the one who has been described as someone who wants to stand next to his gods, and has a leap before you look philosophy. He could have self infected, or became infected. That and I am guessing he eventually stole one of the jockey suits. That and he could also have been burned at some point.

Quote from: Effectz on May 16, 2012, 06:26:55 AM

Looks ok.

Not looking so good.

http://i.imgur.com/IZzUh.gif

Holloway could have mutated into a Jockey while being infected / wearing their suit. The second part could be him after the Juggernaut crash. That or a flamethrower.

Master

Master

Quote from: Effectz on May 16, 2012, 06:26:55 AM

Looks ok.

Not looking so good.

http://i.imgur.com/IZzUh.gif

Those scenes are placed one after another. In upper gif jockey is ok, and he tires to get through the door. In lower one he is deformed and you can see flame burning in background doors? Coincidence? Don`t think so. He was probably burned while trying to get through, that`s why he`s so pissed.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 16, 2012, 04:09:34 AM
Actually for me the real terror is the idea of being trapped in your suit. You can't get out of it otherwise you decompress or die from the environment, and you can't get at the thing attacking you. Having it in your helmet and not being able to grab at it is just horrifying.

Was pretty much done, way back in films like 'Evolution', albeit for comedy value. :)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 16, 2012, 08:18:17 AMWas pretty much done, way back in films like 'Evolution', albeit for comedy value. :)

Oh man you just took me back... Gonna dust off the old DVD now. Pisser. ;)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

What's wrong with doing it here, though?  It's still a terrifying concept, that kind of violation you can't escape.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: modprecar on May 16, 2012, 06:23:44 AM

Yeah I would also agree Holloway is more important now.  Some other things I would add is I think Holloway is transforming into this biomechaniod, that it's not actually a suite we're seeing but all part of whatever he's becoming.  In my opinion, the suite is what we saw in the corridors of the Jockey's waystation, the same thing that protects the Jockey in the chair. Meanwhile the Hammerpede does it's thing going from person to person, causing the crew to literally turn on each, which creates a distraction enough for Weyland to get what he thinks can save him. I also think it's these Hammerpede's which the Jockey's created that also caused them to leave and that there are lots of them. But it's the mysterious infection Holloway picked up that Weyland is really after, something that was really in that black ooze but he thinks it's related to the pilots suite, and just when he's about to find out how wrong he is Holloway shows up. ... just a thought anyway. 

escroto

escroto

This last TV spot is..., highly spoilerish...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed