New Tv Spots!

Started by Darkoo, May 01, 2012, 07:20:56 PM

Author
New Tv Spots! (Read 138,448 times)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I think the call sheet (which I regret seeing) wording on the Engineer is a matter of syntax.  I've seen that doc and if it were fake, it's awfully convincing, certainly far more convincing than that terrible hoax script a few months ago written in broken English.  So yeah, I think it's real.

armageddon

armageddon

How about that: Ridley Scott doesn't care too much about meticulously copying every design element from Alien but rather chose to do what works best for the story.

I cannot understand how anyone can get so worked up about something so trivial. Maybe the Engineers have massive sexual dimorphism and the females are huge. Who cares?

Vepariga

Vepariga

The spots are pretty good,sustains my hype.

*spasms*

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

Its obviously david's head. you can see the "blank" face and blonde "perfect" hair. What strikes me even more is that there is a pool of blood underneath/inbetween the head and the body.

It is David AND its pool of blood. I believe the Engineer kills David because he can tell that the android has stolen the fire and become biological or bio mechanical or maybe something else...something abominable.

Also its not a clean decapitation at the neck. Its almost as if the Jockey has stomped/torn through David's chest/sternum. On an average man, in order to completely tear across the whole top torso, the Jockey's foot would be 24-27 inches long.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Either im blind or is this a movie mistake ? or a different room ?

Check

or im fussy lol

escroto

escroto

and I still can't see a body lying down on the floor next to the chair..., just the engineer

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

At this point,I just don't care if the proportions are correct. If Ridley knocks this out of the park in terms of story....NONE of this will matter. This is ridiculous tedium.

Kronik

Kronik

@x-M-x

The top picture - I think they're just Holographic projectors that pop up for the Star Map
The bottom picture - could just be something belonging to one of the crew

I wish SOMEBODY had put up a spoiler alert about David... although I'm not entirely convinced at the moment

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: x-M-x on May 02, 2012, 11:28:51 AM
Either im blind or is this a movie mistake ? or a different room ?

Check

or im fussy lol

Yep i did saw that too...
Maybe some continuty error or a late design.
Ridley could have decided to remove those when the chair is up.

I'm not interested by the size of the Engineer as in it have to fit the one from ALIEN, he is a giant thats enough for me.
I'm interested about the potential plot a human sized Engineer could imply.

Alien: The Space Jockey

Prometheus: The Engineer

armageddon

armageddon

Just because it is (looks) bigger, doesn't mean it's not the same species. Are all humans the same size?

josh_axey

josh_axey

I'm more inclined to think the "body" is Davids suit and boots, the random object his bag and he has donned a space jockey jumpsuit with some strange notion as to using that chair.

The "body" looks blue and like there are boots, but it looks too flat.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: josh_axey on May 02, 2012, 01:45:46 PM
I'm more inclined to think the "body" is Davids suit and boots, the random object his bag and he has donned a space jockey jumpsuit with some strange notion as to using that chair.

That's an okay theory but we've already seen a wide shot where you can see the engineer stalking from the right towards David who is standing there.

robbritton

robbritton

Love the silhouette of the juggernaut in the air from afar - always wanted to see one of them fly!

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 02, 2012, 01:52:33 PM
Quote from: josh_axey on May 02, 2012, 01:45:46 PM

That's an okay theory but we've already seen a wide shot where you can see the engineer stalking from the right towards David who is standing there.

Can you point toward that scene or image?
If you are refering to the moment where he's playing with the Orrery it seems to me that ALL the Engineer present are holograms, no?
:)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed