Rebellion's position on further AVP support

Started by [REB]Trigger, Jul 21, 2010, 01:19:06 PM

Author
Rebellion's position on further AVP support (Read 73,335 times)

S.Y.L

Quote from: AcidGlow on Aug 03, 2010, 10:42:25 AM
Where are you getting this number of $80,000 to patch a console game from?  That's an absurd amount for a patch..

agreed. it`s still correct though.

Machiko Naguchi

What about Australia? I know I have played with guys from there.

Insomniac

Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Aug 03, 2010, 02:33:27 PM

Good point, it uses its own rating system so make it $100,000 to patch.

Xenoscream

Damn you Sega.

Eldritch

I'd throw my damnations at Sony and Microsoft for being a-holes trying to pump every dime out of developers. In my experience, console development is not worth it.

XxecutionerxX

Quote from: Eldritch on Aug 04, 2010, 07:28:19 PM
I'd throw my damnations at Sony and Microsoft for being a-holes trying to pump every dime out of developers. In my experience, console development is not worth it.
I don't think Activision would agree with you.

ElderPredator

If they're going to stop supporting consoles they should make the maps free.

chazo136

sadly not much is free these days. SEGA just pulled the plug on console support, to be honest i dont care and im a ps3 owner. besides its actually pretty balanced...

ElderPredator

Quote from: chazo136 on Aug 06, 2010, 02:18:18 AM
sadly not much is free these days. SEGA just pulled the plug on console support, to be honest i dont care and im a ps3 owner. besides its actually pretty balanced...
Yeah, but it takes pretty damn long to find ranked matches, that's the only problem I have actually.

Corporal Hicks

It's usually better if you try with a group of friends.

Eldritch

Quote from: XxecutionerxX on Aug 05, 2010, 03:14:59 PM
Quote from: Eldritch on Aug 04, 2010, 07:28:19 PM
I don't think Activision would agree with you.

And who cares about Activision? There are no good players out in the game business, only hungry wolves.

chazo136

i dont really care about ranked matches, the skins dont do much really, do the skins give u any special abilities for the game? thats a big NO, they only change ur look. (mostly with head swapping) i just play friendly

unclekulikov

I know it takes a long time to get a patch through XBOX live.

I don't think it costs anything extra past the engineering time, but I don't know for sure.

Monday Night Combat has a way of circumventing the patching process, but it's for gameplay tweaks.

Commander Gree

Quote from: Insomniac on Aug 03, 2010, 02:51:30 PM
Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Aug 03, 2010, 02:33:27 PM

Good point, it uses its own rating system so make it $100,000 to patch.

Yeah I'm an Aussie and I play it. I know quite a lot of other Aussie's that play as well.

All I wish they patched was the Ranked Matches. Why can't the setup by like the Friendly's? With a list of all the servers. Would be so much easier. Other than that everything else is great IMO.  :( (Playing Ranked for Skins)

Ash 937

Could it be that Fox and Sega nixed support for this game because they are gearing up for A:CM and feel that there is more potential for profit in a brand new game???  I'm skeptical about A:CM even still being in development but this is the only reason why I think Sega/Fox would disallow support for AvP so prematurely.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed