UPDATED *spoilers* BBFC's Detailed Report on Prometheus's Rating

Started by Qwertify, May 22, 2012, 05:45:23 AM

Author
UPDATED *spoilers* BBFC's Detailed Report on Prometheus's Rating (Read 31,238 times)

Qwertify

Qwertify

The BBFC ECI review:  >:( Prepare to be not spoiled.

Spoiler
PROMETHEUS is a science fiction horror film in which a group of people travel to a distant moon. It was classified '15' for strong violence, gore, threat and horror.

The film contains a number of scenes of strong violence that feature heavy blows and bloody detail. For example, in one scene a character's arm is broken, revealing blood and bone, and in another scene a character's head is smashed against the floor, resulting in a large spurt of blood. This emphasis on bloody detail exceeds the terms of the BBFC's Guidelines at '12A'/'12' and is more appropriately classified at '15' where the Guidelines state 'Violence may be strong but should not dwell on the infliction of pain or injury'. There are also some scenes featuring gory detail, both when dead bodies are seen and when people are injured. One scene features some gory surgical detail that exceeds the type of 'occasional gory moments' that may be permitted at '12A'.

The Guidelines at '12A'/'12' also state 'Moderate physical and psychological threat may be permitted, provided disturbing sequences are not frequent or sustained'. The second half of the film in particular features a sense of threat towards the central characters that is both frequent and sustained.

PROMETHEUS also includes one use of strong language and one implied use of strong language, when a remark is broken up by static. It also includes some undetailed verbal sex references and a brief scene in which a couple start to have sex, without any nudity or other detail.
[close]

You can thank Cvalda for being on top of this. I didn't figure they'd update anything this late in the day.

Spoiler Skinny (and not much here):

Spoiler

Features heavy blows and bloody detail.  A character's arm is broken, revealing blood and bone.  A character's head is smashed against the floor, resulting in a large spurt of blood. Features gory detail, both when dead bodies are seen and when people are injured. Excessive gore detail during a surgery procedure.

The second half of the film in particular features a sense of threat towards the central characters that is both frequent and sustained.

A brief scene in which a couple start to have sex, without any nudity or other detail.
[close]

Cvalda

Oh hey, where'd this thread come from... :P

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Cvalda on May 22, 2012, 05:46:39 AM
Oh hey, where'd this thread come from... :P

I don't think this is a dupe is it? I couldn't find anything else like it anywhere. Besides - they are updating the info today.

Oh you linked it on the IFCO thread.

whiterabbit

Man I will never understand British humor. :laugh:

NGR01

Wow this is really asking to be fully spoiled.

Gash

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 22, 2012, 06:58:20 AM
Man I will never understand British humor. :laugh:

That'd be 'humour'   :P

On topic, why do you want to be spoiled? Wait two weeks and make the most of two years of suspense. Must be a terrible affliction to lack will power so close to the winning line.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: NGR01 on May 22, 2012, 09:29:46 AM
Wow this is really asking to be fully spoiled.
I don't get why we should ask for that since its premiere is so close...Apart from Poles and Germans...

Qwertify

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/BFF285422/

This is a good example to know exactly how much will be revealed.

Just click the Show Details link by the ECI picture.

ryanjayhawk

This is one I will not read... lol first time I have been able to exhibit self control on spoilers...

VickersAsh

oh no :(
deleting my internet rn

Ooze on First

Oh, I'm looking forward to reading this...being the spoiler junky that I am.  ;)

NGR01

Seeing the movie monday afternoon so i think i can keep my spoilers craving in check until then ^^
But seriously guys don't read that!

Ooze on First

Being a 2nd class movie-goer (i.e. American) I'm not gonna be able to see it for 2 1/2 more weeks.
So bring on teh spoilers!

Rick Grimes

No "spoilers" were evident at this time except that I learned the film reel is over 10,000 feet long.

Qwertify

Quote from: Rick Grimes on May 22, 2012, 03:07:30 PM
No "spoilers" were evident at this time except that I learned the film reel is over 10,000 feet long.

When the ECI comes out - there will be. It was supposed to be today. Sometimes they do it even months before hand. We will have to patiently wait. For not there are no real spoilers on the page.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed