The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 386,485 times)

Corporal Hicks

Pre-ordered one of the Pokemon Let's Go Switches.

N-Shifter

Just pre-ordered this, this will be the 3rd edition of the movie I've purchased.

Huggs

Huggs

Hit the library book sale and a local movie store that is going out of business. Wanted to spend a day with Ma, and that's where she wanted to go. Bought her a bunch of books and some movies she liked.

Didn't find the book I was looking for but loaded up on some films at the library.

Orange County - dvd
Slither - dvd
Darkness Falls - dvd
Max Payne - dvd
Blood Work - dvd
The Ring Two - dvd
Shark Night - dvd
Cellular - dvd
Appaloosa - dvd
Interstellar - Bluray
All Is Lost - Bluray

Got all of them for $1 each and all were flawless. Perfect condition, not a single scratch on any of them. Slither was full-screen though, but 'm picking it up on Bluray later anyway.

The movie store had buckets full of theatrical posters, going for 50 cents each. I dug through em' but from what I gathered, the sale had been going on for a week or so, and the only posters left were for romantic comedies. Still, everything was for sale, including the furnishings. Every movie in the place was 50% off. Picked up:

Pandorum - Bluray
Law Abiding Citizen - Bluray
Wolf Creek - DVD

All for 4.99. Those discs were also like new. I don't know how, but hey, bonus. Thinking about going back tomorrow and picking up Lost In Space and Death Race if they're still there.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 26, 2018, 11:03:15 PM
All Is Lost - Bluray

Loved this film. Literally zero dialogue but Redford absolutely sells the sheer doom and gloom of his plight. Great film.

Huggs

Huggs

Dredd - On Bluray
Lost In Space - On DVD
Knowing - On Bluray

Grabbed Death Race on Bluray, but I didn't check it until I got home. The only disc inside was a digital copy dvd disc. Had to drive all the way back for a refund. Learned that lesson the hard way.

KiramidHead

Phantasm Remastered - Blu-Ray

Prez

Prez

Quote from: N-Shifter on Oct 23, 2018, 09:20:21 PM
Just pre-ordered this, this will be the 3rd edition of the movie I've purchased.

What's this version? Looks amazing!

N-Shifter

Quote from: Prez on Oct 29, 2018, 04:49:48 AM

Here's a link with all the info. https://store.hmv.com/film-tv/4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray/blade-runner-2049-(hmv-exclusive)-(1)

KiramidHead

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 29, 2018, 01:36:08 AM
Phantasm Remastered - Blu-Ray

And I just won an eBay auction for a Phantasm II blu-ray... because that's out of print. ???

Prez

Prez

Quote from: N-Shifter on Oct 29, 2018, 07:22:59 PM
Quote from: Prez on Oct 29, 2018, 04:49:48 AM

Here's a link with all the info. https://store.hmv.com/film-tv/4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray/blade-runner-2049-(hmv-exclusive)-(1)

Thanks man. That's awesome! It's a Region B BluRay I assume as that means us Aussie's can get this one :-)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 30, 2018, 12:31:08 AMAnd I just won an eBay auction for a Phantasm II blu-ray... because that's out of print. ???

I really wanna upgrade those to Blu-ray, but I just can't help feeling they're not as good as the DVD sphere I already own.

Stitch

Stitch

Monkey box set. Cannot wait to re-watch!

Huggs

Huggs

The L.O.T.R. Trilogy: Extended Edition Box Set on Bluray.

Amazon has it on sale today. It's normally like $70 or $80. It's going for $25 right now, new from Amazon.

Loved my extended dvd versions. Been putting off watching them for years now, waiting on the bluray to hit a more reasonable price, and it finally did. Suh-weet!

How the Grinch Stole Christmas: Ultimate Edition - Bluray.

My favorite Christmas show. It'll be nice to finally see it on Bluray, along with "Halloween is Grinch Night". That nightmare sequence was always amazing. Seuss's version of hell.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 02, 2018, 04:17:34 PMThe L.O.T.R. Trilogy: Extended Edition Box Set on Bluray.

Amazon has it on sale today. It's normally like $70 or $80. It's going for $25 right now, new from Amazon.

Loved my extended dvd versions. Been putting off watching them for years now, waiting on the bluray to hit a more reasonable price, and it finally did. Suh-weet!

Just like with the Phantasm films, I really wanna upgrade those to Blu-rau, but the DVD box set packaging is so nice, whereas the Blu-ray isn't.

Whiskeybrewer

A bunch of Wrestling DVD's lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed