The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 386,503 times)

Corporal Hicks

Picked up this beauty on eBay. I forgot I'd never got around to buying it! I'd read it from my college library back in the day.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 09, 2017, 04:20:10 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91LyY50Wh%2BL.jpg

Picked up this beauty on eBay. I forgot I'd never got around to buying it! I'd read it from my college library back in the day.
How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

Corporal Hicks

Ended up getting it for £30.

Nyarlathotep

That's quite good, especially if it was in excellent condition.

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 06, 2017, 12:36:28 PMI get a mental image of a wardrobe like that warehouse at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark :laugh:
Added a few more to the warehouse:

Brioni light blue with lavender/white paisley handmade silk tie

Giorgio Armani saffiano (calf) leather briefcase with jacquard lining (1,100$ MRSP! got it for 90% off, bc it was used on two business trips). I did a lot of research before I purchased it, everything is legit and all the logos, placements, materials, and quality match up. :D

KiramidHead

So far I'm winning an eBay auction for an unproduced script... even if I feel like a crazy person for bidding that much money. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Finally got around to buying John Wick on DVD. I've heard nothing but good things, I'm really looking forward to giving it a watch.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 11, 2017, 03:32:55 AM
So far I'm winning an eBay auction for an unproduced script... even if I feel like a crazy person for bidding that much money. :laugh:

What script you after?

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 11, 2017, 05:16:42 PM

What script you after?

Spoiler
Dennis Etchison's unproduced Halloween IV script.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 11, 2017, 04:57:57 PM
Finally got around to buying John Wick on DVD. I've heard nothing but good things, I'm really looking forward to giving it a watch.

I just picked this up today actually! Looking forward to it. Everyone seems to be all excited about the new one so I thought I'd give it a go.

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Feb 10, 2017, 04:25:01 PM
That's quite good, especially if it was in excellent condition.

Yeah! I was quite pleased with it. Everywhere else seemed to be 40/50 so I was happy.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 11, 2017, 07:52:40 PMI just picked this up today actually! Looking forward to it. Everyone seems to be all excited about the new one so I thought I'd give it a go.

I think the impending sequel was what finally pushed me over the edge into getting it :)

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 11, 2017, 05:40:47 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 11, 2017, 05:16:42 PM

What script you after?

Spoiler
Dennis Etchison's unproduced Halloween IV script.
[close]

Oh Nice one. Fingers crossed man :)

windebieste

I picked this item up on Ebay for USD120.  A reasonable deal.   

It's a bit messed up and missing the usual parts: dome, shoulder crest and both halves of the tongue.  Sure, it's dirty, too but still good at this price.   If all else fails, I can use the parts elsewhere.

The legs, arms, tail, torso halves and the 4 nubs on the back all look good and with some cleaning will make great restoration pieces for a couple of other figures I have that need them.  They will all be put to good use.  The head is a little scuffed, but if the jaw system still works, I can clean it up and it will be passable.  If not, then I'll pull the teeth out and use 'em elsewhere.  The screws in its back will also come in handy. 

I'll give it a proper assessment when it arrives because it may actually be a good restoration Project in its own right.   Either way, there's a good chance nothing will get wasted from this item when it arrives and if I do decide to cannibalise it for parts, at least 3 other Kenner Aliens in my possession will benefit from the purchase.  So far, so good. 

-Windebieste.

Whiskeybrewer

2x Doctor Who Audio Adventures from Big Finish productions

56 - The Axis of Insanity with the Fifth Doctor
57- Arrangements for War With the Sixth Doctor

Night of the Living Dead DVD - Original version not the Russo 30th Anniversary Coloured with extra footage one lol

windebieste

Scored this item nice and cheap.  It lacks arms and the head is scuffed but I can use other parts of the figure for parts:  2xLegs, tail, torso front, torso back, dorsal appendages and re-use the 4 screws that hold this poor fellow together.  I may even end up using the head for a custom build.  We'll see.  I can always pull the teeth and use them elsewhere, too.

There's another one that is more complete that I'm looking at right now but my budget won't stretch that far.  I may have to let that one go.  Happens.   :(

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed