Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 118,792 times)

predxeno

I guess the only other film from the AVP franchise after this is Predator 4 (or Predators 2).  That's still coming out, right?

Valaquen

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 15, 2011, 02:46:52 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 15, 2011, 02:43:12 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 15, 2011, 02:37:21 AM
But Scott was about to show and explain Jockeys story and go into the terraforming etc, and the rumor had it that alien was their genetic experiment (an idea i just really dislike, I prefer them to be some ancient species that once wiped out life or maybe even some kind of demons or something, idk, anything but a genetically engineered weapon) So the mystery will be preserved, the series will be left untouched and we'll get a new original creature movie with Scott and Giger, sounds like a win to me
He's been saying they're Jockey-weapons for years.

But it was just one of the ideas and its different to theorize it outisde of the movie then actually to show it.
You have to accept that T2's coda ending isn't canon, then  ;) It ain't in the movie!
QuoteNot necessarily. It reminds me of the original alien. Jockey was fossilized so he was lying there for thousands of years at least, and in Aliens we know that no one ever encountered such creatures. So the mystery was phenomenal. We knew it was something ancient but didnt know what it was and why was it extinct
Jockey was, like his ship, literally made out of bone and strange mechanics. Anyway...

Kimarhi

I think its a good thing actually.  I can't help but feel the Alien series is somewhat played out.  Subpar movies won't cut it.  An epic movie with the same ideas is exactly that, something rehashed and not new.

The more Alien movies you make the more the Alien stops becoming a primary focus and the more it becomes character driven.  Eventually people would be eating McDonald's while speaking about the Aliens eating up third world africa like it was the AIDS virus.

You could've eventually tried something like the Harvest script to be different, but then again, it doesn't feel like an Alien story.  Harvest felt NOTHING LIKE the rest of the series.  Crap films like AvP and AvP R did a better emulation.

Is it really an Alien movie if it doesn't feel anything like the rest of them?

Scott's best work has (arguably) been his two SciFi movies. 

I have higher hopes now than I did for the prequel.

Something fresh.  I like it. 

It might not be a prequel, but suppossedly its going to take place in the Alien Universe.  Still might tie in directly to the rest of the franchise.

predxeno

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 15, 2011, 02:49:35 AM
It might not be a prequel, but suppossedly its going to take place in the Alien Universe.  Still might tie in directly to the rest of the franchise.

Wait, wait, hold it.  This new film "Prometheus" is going to take place in the Alien universe?  Does that mean it's going to be part of the Alien mythology?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

What the f**k? It been 13 and half years since we got a 4th Alien movie and they are going to blow it off for this? Thanks a lot Fox for ruining a movie that could have been great. Now my day is even worst.

StrangeShape

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 15, 2011, 02:49:22 AM

Jockey was, like his ship, literally made out of bone and strange mechanics. Anyway...

Well Dallas wasnt stupid, he noticed that everything was made out of bones, but the Jockey was clearly a skeleton. And fossils arent bones - the remains (or an impression) of a plant or animal that existed in a past geological age and that has been excavated from the soil

It takes time for bones to fossilize.

As for T2 coda ending, it was scripted, filmed and novelized, as oppose to the Jockey stories which were only verbal theories and ideas

Alexa Chung

i look forward to the dvd documentary that will explain what the hell happened to the prequel

ThisBethesdaSea

Is this news posted on a Fox website as official somewhere?....and if this news is real, then who are these characters that Noomi Rapace and possibly Charlize Theron will be playing?

When Ridley Mentions seeing a bit of ALIENs DNA I realized he wasn't talking about the creatures dweebs. That statements tells me that this new universe is in some way connected which to me, tells me that this new film is still in some way connected to the alien mythos.

Ultimately, i'm pissed about this and way let down.

Valaquen

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 15, 2011, 02:58:29 AM

Well Dallas wasnt stupid, he noticed that everything was made out of bones, but the Jockey was clearly a skeleton. And fossils arent bones - the remains (or an impression) of a plant or animal that existed in a past geological age and that has been excavated from the soil

As for T2 coda ending, it was scripted, filmed and novelized, as oppose to the Jockey stories which were only verbal theories and ideas
Dallas didn't know what he was looking at. 30 years to fossilise in an Alien universe where the law of relativity is already out the window and sound travels through space, well, isn't a big leap for me. Anyway, we're talking about this at JCO  :D

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 15, 2011, 02:57:03 AM
What the f**k? It been 13 and half years since we got a 4th Alien movie and they are going to blow it off for this? Thanks a lot Fox for ruining a movie that could have been great. Now my day is even worst.

Sorry, dude.  I don't want to sound mean or insensitive, but I've always wanted the Alien to be a natural creature.  And from what I've been hearing about the details of the plot, it sounded like Ridley was going to make the Aliens into creatures that were accidentally "created".  So even though I understand this is bad news to many, it's kinda good news to me.

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 15, 2011, 02:58:29 AM

Something I feel the need to say here; in the Alien novelization, Dallas thinks that the ship looked like it was "grown", not "built".  And the Alien Trilogy game calls the Derelict the "Bone Ship".  I know some consider this noncanon, but you can take it or leave it.  Just felt that I should say it.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

You would think Fox will give fans what they want after AVPR? We got a 3rd Predator nearly 20 years later, I was hoping for a 5th Alien movie, 14 or 15 years later.

Hybrid PM

This is a good thing. Didn't want a prequel to begin with. Now hopefully they can make an Alien 5 and rightfully complete the Alien saga.

#6.0

#6.0

Eh, I think this is a blessing.

predxeno

And it's not as if we have nothing Alien to look forward to.  We still have Aliens Colonial Marines coming out soon.  Now that there's no prequel, Gearbox or Sega or whoever's doing the marketing for the game won't have any specific date to time the release of the game to max up profits.  They'll release the game when they're finished and won't hold back on us. ;D

Vakarian

If Your Life Had A Face I'd Punch It.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed