The 10-Year-Anniversary of AVP

Started by Scree, Apr 03, 2014, 09:26:43 PM

Author
The 10-Year-Anniversary of AVP (Read 38,817 times)

worldpeace

worldpeace

I still can't believe the balls on Anderson saying he had made the predator look better then ever before..  He lowered the bar with 14 years of make up evolution at his finger tips.  It was one of the more disappointing aspects of the film was the lack of Stan Winston quality or involvement .  This movie would have been better as a comic book I think or a. Video game.  It feels like a straight to DVD or made for the syfy channel low quality anaconda 4. Kind of vibe.  That being said if I remove the part of me that cares about aliens or predators and am bored I can handle it as a pop corn flick if it's on TV and nothing else  is on.  I highly doubt I will ever watch it on purpose again in my life  on DVD or I tunes or something. It's not worth the time.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

I just came across this thread and now I've made plans to rewatch it Friday with my friendzone. It's things like avp and star wars that we share that stops me from putting a move on her cuz its cool to have a chick in my life to watch sci fi with and I don't wanna risk losing the friendship.

_____

Watching it now with homegirl. This must be atleast the 12th time I've seen it and godammit I f**king love this movie!!! So stoked to see it again!!!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I finally plucked up the courage to re-watch AVP:R the other night.

It was shit.

Corporal Hicks

Did you make it through it in one sitting?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Only because I was texting a mate rather than actually paying attention.

Corporal Hicks

Haha. Last time I tried to watch it I had to stop 3 times.

The Shuriken

Ah, I look back on AVP with fond memories. Good times, practically blew me away when I saw it it in theaters, came out when I was 15. Didn't post on any internet forums back then, so everything was a surprise. I distinctly remember being all "Oh my god! No way!" when the Queen first showed up. I had a good time seeing in theaters and the dozen or so times I watched again on DVD.

razeak

razeak

I had to watch AVP and AVP:R this past year becuase my son is turning into quite the alien and predator fan. He had many questions about many of the same things we do, except he loved both, which appears to be the minority opinion here. I can see some glimpses of some good ideas in AVP, but they quickly get buried under Anderson's "style".

Jango1201

Jango1201

Anderson's style is really weird and every film he makes feels very rushed. if he slowed down his movies a bit and fleshed out some of the characters instead of killing half in a single sequence which he has become famous for, then he might have something good. AVP could have been a memorable film had it been his story and a respectable director.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Jango1201 on Jan 05, 2015, 03:22:51 AMAnderson's style is really weird and every film he makes feels very rushed. if he slowed down his movies a bit and fleshed out some of the characters instead of killing half in a single sequence which he has become famous for, then he might have something good.

Event Horizon works because basically none of those things are true.

StrangeShape

Always liked the first AVP, I was hyped for it, went to see it in theaters with friends, we all had a good time. For me it continued the vibe and tradition of the first three alien movies - isolation, corridors, and everything ending with aliens taking the top and leftovers of a group trying to get out to survive. I was also a huge fan of the first AVP comic book and we know the AVP movie drew a lot from that one.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 05, 2015, 08:57:47 AM
Quote from: Jango1201 on Jan 05, 2015, 03:22:51 AMAnderson's style is really weird and every film he makes feels very rushed. if he slowed down his movies a bit and fleshed out some of the characters instead of killing half in a single sequence which he has become famous for, then he might have something good.

Event Horizon works because basically none of those things are true.

Also way before RE and his films after that. Also to his defense, Event Horizon was his own film really and not a familiar film adaption.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed