Ridley Scott Talks Return of Engineers for Alien: Covenant Sequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 21, 2017, 08:21:26 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Return of Engineers for Alien: Covenant Sequel (Read 53,270 times)

RidgeTop

Ridley might be sure he's going to do a sequel to Covenant, but given its performance, I kinda doubt FOX is ready to commit to one. They may let him just so the prequels are not left hanging, but I would assume they'd demand the tightest budget out of the three.

The_Foxcatcher

The obvious planet is Origae-6

Gash

Quote from: Highland on Jun 21, 2017, 09:43:05 AM
Let's all return here on release when there are no Engineers, David turns human and Daniels ends up being Ripleys mum.

Daniels will be fighting for her life in the lions den.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jun 21, 2017, 11:11:38 AM
They may let him just so the prequels are not left hanging, but I would assume they'd demand the tightest budget out of the three.

Totally agree. Also, I think 3 prequel films leading up to Alien is plenty enough. He was kind going way off the handle there when He said he was gonna make 4 or more Alien prequels. Led me to kind of scratch my head and wonder how in the f**k is He gonna make the series THAT popular and how are they gonna take in hundreds of millions each and every time again after the lackluster Prometheus? Just hand the series over to James Cameron if you want the expanse of this universe to be COLOSSAL.

tleilaxu

I think 1 more would be enough too. When I look at Prometheus, and then Covenant, and see how the scripts get tighter, I can't help but feel that Awakening will be absolutely monstrous (if it's given a decent sized budget, that is).

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Chronicle on Jun 21, 2017, 11:21:30 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Jun 21, 2017, 11:11:38 AM
They may let him just so the prequels are not left hanging, but I would assume they'd demand the tightest budget out of the three.

Totally agree. Also, I think 3 prequel films leading up to Alien is plenty enough. He was kind going way off the handle there when He said he was gonna make 4 or more Alien prequels. Led me to kind of scratch my head and wonder how in the f**k is He gonna make the series THAT popular and how are they gonna take in hundreds of millions each and every time again after the lackluster Prometheus? Just hand the series over to James Cameron if you want the expanse of this universe to be COLOSSAL.

Yeah 3 is enough but never let Cameron return, not the way he thinks now, EVERYTHING would be CGI.

marrerom

I knew it. This sounds awesome! I can't wait for the "War of the worlds" that Ridley is planning.  ;D

Handy

Exactly.  :)

Nukiemorph

I've been imagining this:

We see a group of engineers arrive at their home planet to find everyone dead.  They investigate a bit and find the ship that David and Shaw arrived in.  They watch a hologram playback showing David dropping the goo.  They're furious.

Opening Title

Then we focus on a second load of colonists coming to join the colony on Origae-6.  As far as they know, everything's going fine there because David's transmissions say so.  When they get there, they find dead colonists, a hive, etc.  (I'd like to see a hive in a wooded area with the alien snot-gunk all strung up in between trees.  It would be something slightly different.)

OR the focus of the film could be watching the hive form from the original load of colonists as they try to start their new life.  (We've never actually seen this process before outside of River of Pain.) David could possibly use Daniels to make a queen and a flashback could confirm that this is what he did to Shaw.

No matter what the human focus is, eventually, the engineers track David to this planet, land, explore the hive and get attacked.  While they're outside of their ship, David plants some eggs in their hull.  The engineers flee the alien hive and take off.  Of course, their ship becomes infested and they crash on LV426.

Gap bridged.  Prequel trilogy over.  Another director can take the reigns and hopefully serve as a box office draw.

0321recon

Posted this on another thread. Mean as well put it here.

In another forum someone commented that perhaps a proto faction of the Colonial Marines could come to play since this will be two expeditions that have gone missing, and Weyland-Yutani wants to know what occurred especially now that more than 2,000 colonists have vanished. They might send a team of these proto Colonial Marines to investigate. 

Ridley's talk about 'the planet' there's three possible choices, LV-426, Origae-6, and finally Paradise.

I have a suspicion that David might actually be going to Paradise to eradicate the engineer race once and for all.

When the engineers arrive on Planet 4, they will find Walter and ask him who killed their people. Once he tells him that it was David, they will surely go after him, and if he's going to Paradise, the film could become a race against time since he could have created an army of Xeno and protomorphs to destroy the Paradisian population.   

In the middle of this, if the Colonial Marines are involved, they will find themselves in the middle of this, and literally becomes what Scott talked about being 'war of the worlds'. 

In the end, Lindelof was right. It was a diversion to seed the ideas of what's going to occur in this final film, though that's if its gets made after Covenant's lackluster performance.

Let's see what happens.

tleilaxu

There' still one android left on Paradise. Also, I don't really trust any other director with this franchise. After watching Rakka I really feel like we dodged a bullet there. Not that Rakka was super horrible or something, it was just... Neill Blomkamp, again.

John Doe

Amazing news.

I can imagine the Enineers arriving to the planet with their mechanical suits and helmet to avoid the black goo and taking Walter back to their ship to know what happened.

banecat

very exciting to hear
xeno vs engineer war?

shawsbaby

Ha. I knew they'd have engineers coming to see what happened to the planet and then eventually coming for David. (So this probably means an Engineer does wind up in the chair after all?)

CainsSon

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Jun 21, 2017, 11:15:51 AM
The obvious planet is Origae-6

Unless David intends to create a planet of Aliens on ORIGAE-6, what reason does he have to go there? It makes far more sense for David to travel to the Engineer homeworld and/or wherever they have colonies themselves, and start wiping these places out.

I think the idea is that David will make himself a threat and then WY will want the weapon.

It also looks like we will get to see 'What made the Engineers' after-all.

Which - if anyone is really paying attention, is what can save this Prequel trilogy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed