Are you hoping for a Predator 5 movie

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Apr 12, 2020, 09:45:08 AM

Author
Are you hoping for a Predator 5 movie (Read 4,850 times)

nicky

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 28, 2020, 02:41:12 AMPredator has an audience for videogames and you don't need Arnold specifically to record Dutch nor do you actually need him for the motion capture. Dutch really can be timeless since you wouldn't be totally beholden to the actor's mortality.

If you want the character to look like Arnold you will need to buy likeness and usage rights. Unless you deliberately make him NOT look like Arnold (like Capcom's AvP arcade?).

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: j0nesy on Jun 02, 2020, 10:27:52 PM
??? no clue either, i really enjoy predators

Yeah, it's an enjolable movie. In addition, if there is a Predator movie that play safe with the lore, it's safe to say it's Predators. Or at least in comparition with the ridiculous experiment that was The Predator.  :-\

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: nicky on Jun 02, 2020, 10:29:57 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 28, 2020, 02:41:12 AMPredator has an audience for videogames and you don't need Arnold specifically to record Dutch nor do you actually need him for the motion capture. Dutch really can be timeless since you wouldn't be totally beholden to the actor's mortality.

If you want the character to look like Arnold you will need to buy likeness and usage rights. Unless you deliberately make him NOT look like Arnold (like Capcom's AvP arcade?).

I don't think even that's a problem as the character gets older and gets even more damage done to him. Sure we want him to look like Arnold but even that's not a problem as he ages or we can stick him in gear. The Amazing Spider-man games got around that in the first one by simply not using Garfield's likeness. They could potentially do the same with Dutch by using the character but not show his face.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 02, 2020, 08:11:21 PM
How did Predators screw the franchise?  ???

Well first of all, the super pred thing was a joke. To me it's trying to copy Predator one but with 3 super predator instead. We haven't had any good predator movie since predator 2. All others are a joke and parody movies. Super predator dies easy, isn't the super predator suppose to be stronger than the normal one?  Lol. Just a mess of a film. I thought Shane was gonna do better with his film but he definitely put the nail in the coffin for the franchise. We be glad if we get another Predator movie the in the next 15 years but I don't think so since all predator movies after P2 has failed hard

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 02, 2020, 10:57:45 PM

Yeah, it's an enjolable movie. In addition, if there is a Predator movie that play safe with the lore, it's safe to say it's Predators. Or at least in comparition with the ridiculous experiment that was The Predator.  :-\

Both was shit in my opinion. Predators 2010 was boring and a mess, and as I stated before, The Predator 2018 made sure the franchise died

A predator is not about a guy in a suit running around roaring and killing people. A predator is about the feeling, the vibe. Kevin Peter Hall made the creature work because of how he moved and acted under that suit. Made you belive that this thing is from another planet if you know what I mean, (hard to explain but you get it) it's like comparing Kane Hodders Jason Vs another Jason or Robert's Freddy vs remake Freddy.

I can go on all day on why Predators and the Predator was a mess but what good will it do? It won't change the fact that they exist.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 03, 2020, 06:27:11 AM

Well first of all, the super pred thing was a joke. To me it's trying to copy Predator one but with 3 super predator instead. We haven't had any good predator movie since predator 2. All others are a joke and parody movies. Super predator dies easy, isn't the super predator suppose to be stronger than the normal one?  Lol. Just a mess of a film. I thought Shane was gonna do better with his film but he definitely put the nail in the coffin for the franchise. We be glad if we get another Predator movie the in the next 15 years but I don't think so since all predator movies after P2 has failed hard

The number of Berserker Predators is my only real issue with the film (there should have just been the one), but the Super Predators don't exist in the finished film. It's nothing like the original outside of the jungle setting. A few repeated moments don't make it a copy of the first. Structurally and narratively it's barely anything like Predator.

Lionhart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 03, 2020, 08:29:09 AM
Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 03, 2020, 06:27:11 AM

The number of Berserker Predators is my only real issue with the film (there should have just been the one), but the Super Predators don't exist in the finished film. It's nothing like the original outside of the jungle setting. A few repeated moments don't make it a copy of the first. Structurally and narratively it's barely anything like Predator.

I see stiffness when I look at that Super Predator division. They lack what made the Predator creepy, sneaky, scary, so even with one Super Pred the movie would have failed in my opinion

razeak

If The last two Termnators hadn't tanked, and The Predator hadn't tanked, maybe Arnold could have come back. It will never happen now.

Lionhart

Quote from: razeak on Jun 04, 2020, 01:17:01 AM
If The last two Termnators hadn't tanked, and The Predator hadn't tanked, maybe Arnold could have come back. It will never happen now.

You are right

Mala'kak

Nooo. The last film was dreadful. They should have stopped at 2. Although I did quite enjoy Predators.

Voodoo Magic

A few repeated moments don't make it a copy of the first.

It was more than a few though. 

;D

Hides.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 02, 2020, 10:57:45 PM

Yeah, the best thing that happened to me with Predators is The Predator. My appreciation for Predators has since definitely grown.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 04, 2020, 08:47:39 PM
A few repeated moments don't make it a copy of the first.

It was more than a few though. 

;D

Hides.

It's a jungle. They see a Predator in the trees (of course they do, its a jungle). They fall over a waterfall. Hanzo stays behind to fight the Predator (but we go further and see the fight. Though the music cue is pushing it). Royce fights a Predator mudded up (and that's being generous since Isabelle gives him that information, why the hell wouldn't he employ it, but it's still structurally different to Dutch's fight).

4 instances of reused dialogue (in English). It's a few of each. But I will never not f**king hate that.

Any claims of Predators remaking Predator is nothing more than pure hyperbole. The story is completely different.

SiL

SiL

Predators is a ripoff of Predator in the same way that Alien3 is a ripoff of Alien.

If you boil it down to some superficial elements, sure. If you look at the actual plot, no.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: SiL on Jun 05, 2020, 07:16:13 AM
Predators is a ripoff of Predator in the same way that Alien3 is a ripoff of Alien.

If you boil it down to some superficial elements, sure. If you look at the actual plot, no.

Won't change the fact that the movie was shit

Corporal Hicks

Thankfully it's not.

Lionhart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 05, 2020, 01:54:46 PM
Thankfully it's not.

Thankfully we all have free opinions

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed