Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 407,695 times)

[cancerblack]

I've seen quite a few people do it. I'm not a fan of clear bases in general but they seem to work well.

The Kurgan

Been on the fence for a while, but i think i stay with the traditional ones.

On the one hand the clear base adapt to the table the are on, on the other it looks shit when not on one and the only ones I saw in person had reflection issues and a weird magnifying  effect from the wrong angle.

Plus good basing can really give life to a mini.

Sgt Scream

10 more Warriors, because... ehm, you can't have enough of them, can you?  lol

A closer look upon the alternative Marines:
The bodies are from North Star's range of figures, the Miniguns (modified) from Warlord Games' limited run "Terminator Genisys Resistance Command Squad" box made from resin.

SiL

My last three orders arrived today in one box, about a week earlier than I expected. They must've used the cost of shipping three orders to expedite the one order ;D

Out of everything I got, only had one broken figure -- the flamethrower barrel on my WY Commandos. Not even sure if I can be bothered asking for a fix.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Saw your post on FB. If it's just broken off but is in the box, I'd glue it honestly.

Quote from: Sgt Scream on May 12, 2019, 12:36:59 PM
10 more Warriors, because... ehm, you can't have enough of them, can you?  lol

The sixty in my Unleashed list agree with you. :P

The way they set up the "crawling" warriors pisses me off though and your picture sums up why. You either have to have mixed sizes of base or a bunch over-hanging. Neither's ideal.

Sgt Scream

Sgt Scream

My last order from Prodos should also arrive this week. I also got the Predator Mission Objective tokens off ebay. I never pledged for these so I am happy I still got them.

@cancerblack

Yes, agreed. One time I got the multi part Warriors from Prodos' webshop and they by accident sent me the Event Only special warriors. Much nicer poses.

[cancerblack]

Managed to get a set myself a few years back. Those are top of my list for once the recasters kick in too.

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 14, 2019, 04:36:26 AM
Saw your post on FB. If it's just broken off but is in the box, I'd glue it honestly.
Yeah, it's still in the baggie - and would probably have broken soon in the future anyway.

Sgt Scream

Got my last shipment in, Unleashed 1.1 rulebook, triangle of combat template and unicast Wayland Commandos plus some of the multi part sculpts.

Now customer service only needs to settle my Aliens snapped off fingers issue and good to go.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on May 14, 2019, 07:24:33 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 14, 2019, 04:36:26 AM
Yeah, it's still in the baggie - and would probably have broken soon in the future anyway.

Ever done any pinning?

Quote from: Sgt Scream on May 14, 2019, 05:26:46 PM
Got my last shipment in, Unleashed 1.1 rulebook, triangle of combat template and unicast Wayland Commandos plus some of the multi part sculpts.

Now customer service only needs to settle my Aliens snapped off fingers issue and good to go.

I think my order is one of the "big ten" going out last. Which is going to mean any QC issues probably will never be resolved, unfortunately.

SiL

Pinning? No. As in put a support structure through the gun to stop it breaking?

[cancerblack]

Yeah, using an ultra-fine hand drill (all hobby shops will have these) and a metal support (brass rod is best, paperclips will do) to form a stronger joint where you reattach the piece before normal gluing. I'd have to double check my Mercs to see if the piece is thick enough to safely do that but I believe it's just big enough from memory.

SiL

The barrel is about the width of a paper clip, so I don't see that working. However, that will solve my broken smartgun and spear from the core set ;D

[cancerblack]

Various drillbits and other sources of "pin" will still work, but it comes down to your dexterity and preparedness to buy tools once you're going super fine. There are 0.01mm drillbits and pins around for sure though.

SiL

Knowing my dexterity, or lack thereof, I'd make much more of a mess for such a tiny piece :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed