Leaked images from the set? *spoilers within*

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 28, 2016, 06:42:31 AM

Author
Leaked images from the set? *spoilers within* (Read 79,697 times)

Ultramorph

I have to say I'm very impressed! I love how unnerving the fetus-like Neomorphs are, and that faccehugger is so great! I like the new design of the eggs, too. As usual, just seeing "the big chair" has me giddy. I really hope we see either more chair suit Engineers, or get actual elephant aliens.

I'm also really digging the room everything is in, with the bones and sketches on the wall. Between that and the bit of info about the ecosystem mutated by the black good, I'm getting real Fire and Stone vibes.

I hope this means a teaser trailer is imminent.

Morose

Cool! I love to see real props and real effects. Prop store is going to be a blast in 2017!

Glaive

Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 28, 2016, 05:17:58 PM
I have to say I'm very impressed! I love how unnerving the fetus-like Neomorphs are, and that faccehugger is so great! I like the new design of the eggs, too. As usual, just seeing "the big chair" has me giddy. I really hope we see either more chair suit Engineers, or get actual elephant aliens.

I'm also really digging the room everything is in, with the bones and sketches on the wall. Between that and the bit of info about the ecosystem mutated by the black good, I'm getting real Fire and Stone vibes.

What makes you think THOSE are Neomorphs?

Ultramorph

Quote from: Glaive on Oct 28, 2016, 05:27:48 PM
What makes you think THOSE are Neomorphs?

It's what I choose to believe.  :laugh:

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 28, 2016, 05:17:58 PM

If there are elephantine Space Jockeys I'd prefer they were mentioned in passing or at the most some form of mural.

Corporal Hicks

Someone just shared on Twitter -

Morose

I just realized, wouldn't it be crazy if none of these showed up in the film and that the release of these photos were all part of some grand scheme to throw us off from the truth?!

Glaive

Quote from: Morose on Oct 28, 2016, 05:43:09 PM
I just realized, wouldn't it be crazy if none of these showed up in the film and that the release of these photos were all part of some grand scheme to throw us off from the truth?!

Buckle-Up, Buddy...This is just the Start...

BonesawT101

Obviously the hugger and those eggs in the above pic are much closer to the lens taking the shot, but that guy looks awfully small in the background. Perhaps this facehugger is abnormally large. 

DorkiDori

These were a deliberate "leak". From my point of view (I make my living as a professional artist), the photos are too well lit and framed. These were NOT some random guy walking around set and snapping pics with his phone. These were planned out and professionally shot on a higher end camera.

Though its nice to finally see what weve all been speculating about! Im glad they really didnt ruin much with them either. Theres still a HUGE sense of mystery as to whats going to happen and what the final creatures look like.

Im guessing the Facehuggers appear larger as they are a product of their environment (I dont know the exact term, but they look "Engineer size" in that they are bigger and wouldnt fit on a "human" head very well). I really like the inclusion of all the little native animal skeletons in the display area... Oh and I LOVE the Deacon drawing in the BG of the first photo under the traditional Xenomorph. It REALLY teases that David and Shaw DID interact with it somehow!!! Maybe they ran into it on the the way to the second Engineer ship on LV223, maybe it was a stowaway on the Juggernaut they flew off the planet with or MAYBE its a naturally occurring creature with the strain of the accelerant on LV223 (this is my best and educated guess from everything ive read and been told).

Looks like Ridley will be answering A LOT of questions with this movie and will tie together almost ALL of the extended universe stuff weve been seeing (especially from the Dark Horse comics).

Things are getting really exciting! Thank you 20th Century Fox for letting these loose on the web, we really needed them... I was starting to lose a bit of hope that we wouldnt see squat until the teaser trailer was ready (we all know its approaching, theres just no "when" at the moment).

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Glaive on Oct 28, 2016, 05:53:04 PM
Quote from: Morose on Oct 28, 2016, 05:43:09 PM

Buckle-Up, Buddy...This is just the Start...

These are included in the film.  :)

Xenomorphine

Interesting visuals, but nothing which rivals the original creature's design. None of them look very dangerous or predatory. Hopefully, they're nothing but background fluff in an 'Alien Resurrection'-style laboratory scene.

Quote from: Robert Gautreaux on Oct 28, 2016, 09:23:50 AM
Finally they are getting back to some of the original concepts Ridley Scott and Giger wanted to go with but the producers at Fox at the time concidered to crude and shocking - that being the original egg design, the top, opening up like vaginas. You can clearly see the seem where the opening will be should some hapless victim happen along, the egg top would open up in essentially two top-halfs instead of the classical four-way "leaf/petal" formation as we have been already accustomed to.

I would like to see how the eggs bio-shape firstly creates the vagina-like appeture for whatever smaller proto-facehugger to errupt from or, dare-I-say-it: be "birthed" from. Then how they presumably transmutate from two sides to the more familiar four sided opening and why its bio-nature felt the need to transition from two to four. It could even be a genetic spin-off from the four petaled Xenomorph eggs!

These eggs have the traditional four 'petals', not two. They just reach lower down the sides than the normal ones, that's all.

BishopShouldGo

Aye yai yai. Not everything has a sinister meaning behind it.

So because they're photographed well, that means they were meant for public consumption? They weren't deliberately leaked by Fox. If Fox wanted to share them, they would've done so and not been cagey about it. Because why would they need to.

BonesawT101

Looking at the alien missing half his lips, I'm thinking David has cut away a portion of the creature for his experiments

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 28, 2016, 06:20:59 PM
Interesting visuals, but nothing which rivals the original creature's design. None of them look very dangerous or predatory. Hopefully, they're nothing but background fluff in an 'Alien Resurrection'-style laboratory scene.

As I understand it, this is what they are. Background pieces in David's lab.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed