Fede Alvarez Talks Sir Ridley Scott's Response to Early Alien: Romulus Cut

Started by Darkoo, Oct 16, 2023, 07:29:19 PM

Author
Fede Alvarez Talks Sir Ridley Scott's Response to Early Alien: Romulus Cut (Read 24,832 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 28, 2023, 01:02:57 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 28, 2023, 01:01:04 AMAre ten months enough time to do reshoots with half-helmets?

Is a half-helmet better or worse than no helmet?

Better.  It keeps half of your head protected against vacuum and contaminants.

Ingwar

To be more specific: helmet was full, only visor was cut in half.

Scott Conover

Quote from: zak098 on Oct 26, 2023, 09:45:38 PMI can't wait for the premiere of Romulus, so now that it's ready, I'd like to see at least the trailer.
It is not written anywhere what the budget will be, I assume it will be at a similar level to The Creator by Gareth Edwards.

There is no Region code for 4K Blu-ray discs from the US for Europe, only 2K has regionization.

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Oct 25, 2023, 07:19:25 PM
Quote from: zak098 on Oct 25, 2023, 06:31:39 PMOut of curiosity, I wanted to find out because since the film is already ready and Fede sent it to Ridley on disc, I could watch it myself in my home cinema, instead of waiting for the premiere, maybe Fede should send every fan of the Alien series the Blu-ray with Romulus.

Unless the film is not ready yet and has a raw version without music.

Sure.

An actual physical copy of a major, multimillion-dollar film set for theatrical release next year is going to be shipped to you especially so you can watch it on your home entertainment rig.

There is an actual possibility that that could happen.

My home entertainment equipment, as it is called, is not ordinary, it cost a mere 60,000 Euro, so it is definitely not an ordinary home cinema that can be found in every second house on the street.

I simply have a great love for the movie Alien and that's why I built this cinema room.

Boys, surely this means a Romulus watch party at Zak's! Thanks for the invite broski, what's the addy?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

zak098

How to get the 1979 movie Alien. Can it be played on 35mm tape on Oppo UDP 203?

The second thing is what about the soundtrack from such a 35mm tape? Since the BD disc has dense audio formats: DTS HD, Atmos, Auro 3D, I bet that the copy of this film from 35mm tape does not contain the latest achievements in the world of audio in home cinema.

SiL

Film. 35mm film. Tape is a different format again.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: zak098 on Oct 27, 2023, 09:34:11 PMOnly 60,000 Euro

That's 4 times what I make in a year as a carer.

zak098

zak098

Imagine that people in Europe and around the world build private home cinemas for this kind of money or even more to watch films in the available quality. In my portfolio I have a cinema that I built in Berlin in a small house of about 140 m2 for EUR 150,000, for some It's not a terrible problem to watch your favorite Alien on Blu-ray.

I believe that for 5,000 or 10,000 Euro you can't watch the Alien movie properly, you need more expensive equipment for this purpose.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 28, 2023, 08:14:13 PM
Quote from: zak098 on Oct 27, 2023, 09:34:11 PMOnly 60,000 Euro

That's 4 times what I make in a year as a carer.

Play your favorite Alien on BD on any device.

Tell us more about your TV, speakers, receiver, acoustic panels, ceiling diffusers, bass traps, etc.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: zak098 on Oct 28, 2023, 09:01:53 PMIn my portfolio I have a cinema that I built in Berlin in a small house of about 140 m2 for EUR 150,000, for some It's not a terrible problem to watch your favorite Alien on Blu-ray.

Ja, thanks again! Picture Settings are something else!

[cancerblack]

Quote from: zak098 on Oct 28, 2023, 09:01:53 PMTell us more about your TV, speakers, receiver, acoustic panels, ceiling diffusers, bass traps, etc.

This is either a very dedicated troll, or it's charmingly naive.

Ingwar

He might be detached from reality but I choose answer: troll.

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 28, 2023, 09:30:38 PM
Quote from: zak098 on Oct 28, 2023, 09:01:53 PMTell us more about your TV, speakers, receiver, acoustic panels, ceiling diffusers, bass traps, etc.

This is either a very dedicated troll, or it's charmingly naive.
I know we joke about it a lot because of The Predator but ...

ralfy

I mean details to the public.

Local Trouble

[cancerblack]

It's a robot! Ralfy is a goddamn robot!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed