AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 361,351 times)

SM

SM

No, it's more to do with protecting themselves from legal action.  They don't want you to have a legitimate claim if they independently come up with a similar idea.  So it's gets thrown out unopened.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: darthmaul1 on Sep 07, 2009, 03:48:19 PM
Quote from: SM on Sep 07, 2009, 05:12:31 AM
QuoteHey no need to be nasty, if you can think of something better why don't you post your idea?

Nothing to do with being nasty - just a statement of fact.  It's unsolicited - it gets chucked without being opened.  As for thinking of something better - waste of time, seeing as it will never see the light of day.

I was talking to the othe guy about being nasty, but that is ok, they would not chuck it without opening it, they would take read first they may not get very far into it before they chuck it though. :)

Don't take it personal. It's just that the idea of directly tying the three movie franchises together is something I strongly oppose, no matter how good the script is.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Sorry to break it to you, but no, unsolicited = unopened. They wouldn't look at it for legal reasons even if they wanted to. Which they don't.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Sep 08, 2009, 02:17:09 AM
Sorry to break it to you, but no, unsolicited = unopened. They wouldn't look at it for legal reasons even if they wanted to. Which they don't.

Maybe that's how the AvP and AvP-R scripts were green lit in the first place,
Fox didn't know the shit that was in them...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Of course Fox knew what was in them. They greenlit the projects because they thought the stories were good enough.

SM

SM

Or at least, would make money...

Milan

Milan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 09, 2009, 09:25:09 PM
Of course Fox knew what was in them. They greenlit the projects because they thought the stories were good enough.

I know, I wasn't serious about my reply... ;D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SM on Sep 07, 2009, 11:29:41 PM
No, it's more to do with protecting themselves from legal action.  They don't want you to have a legitimate claim if they independently come up with a similar idea.  So it's gets thrown out unopened.

Correct. A fan once openly boasted about having a plan to sue James Cameron, based on the fact that he was going to send in his 'Terminator 3' script, wait until one was made and then claim the idea was stolen. This is precisely the reason why envelopes which seem to have scripts in them, will have a small tear in the corner and are then sent back: The secretary does this to check whether or not that really is what's inside.

If it's unopened, you're unable to try and sue them.

Sometimes, an executive happens to hunt around for stuff they've got in the vaults or whatever and, every so often, gets enthusiastic about it and the project gets resurrected. That's what happened with 'Predators', which Fox already apparently paid for, back in the day.

Naissus

Naissus

Maybe instead of making a new AVP they could do what Paul WS Anderson is doing with the  Resident Evil movies after Afterlife, just start from the beginning again.  LOL.  Maybe they will redo AVP and make it better.  Or just scrap it all together.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

One would hope so.

Just put it in the ALIEN setting and give it more powerful elements of gritty sci-fi than the previous AvP movies had.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Naissus on Sep 12, 2009, 05:32:04 PM
Maybe instead of making a new AVP they could do what Paul WS Anderson is doing with the  Resident Evil movies after Afterlife, just start from the beginning again.  LOL.  Maybe they will redo AVP and make it better.  Or just scrap it all together.

Just scrap it all together. I don't see the point in making more AvP movies at all.

CHAINS

CHAINS

you know theres bound to be a third movie sooner or later! maybe a reboot would work better and start all over fresh with a better story! it worked for the new hulk movie! ;D

NoFateButWhatWeMake

NoFateButWhatWeMake

My idea, if it was to be set in the future is that it could be set anytime between Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.
Weyland Yutani has grown into the largest corporation in the planet (thanks to the technology developed from the Predator weapon in AVPR) and Earth is now their main HQ.
A Predator ship containing face huggers crash lands (couldn't think of anything original here sorry) on earth and Weyland Yutani captures them and secretly begins breeding Aliens in the hope of using them as the ultimate weapon.
However the Predator homeworld soon learns of these goings on and sends a group of Predators in to eradicate the threat.
However it does not go to plan and the Aliens escape, and begin an onslaught against the humans inhabiting the planet.
Weyland Yutani orders all of their colonial marines to battle and the film should finish with a 3 way battle between Aliens,Predators & Colonial Marines.
Then the film should end with the destruction of the earth and Weyland Yutani. (i.e. merging with the story of Alien Resurrection)

Anybody like my idea? :)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

So, basically the first ALIENS omnibus, but with Predators?

darthmaul1

darthmaul1

Prepare to get panned by others here, it sounds like AVPR, I think my idea was better than that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed