AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 361,300 times)

SM

SM

I wouldn't hold Newt's Tale up as any sort of evidence.

And even if you did - we can't even tell it Tim kills the Alien.

It's also impossible to tell if Aliens were actually killed by the colonists or merely wounded.

demonbane

demonbane

Quote from: SM on Oct 18, 2013, 03:25:02 AM
Vasquez shot the Alien 10 times at point blank - four of them in the side of the head - and it was still kicking (not for much longer granted).

Pizza Boy only managed to kill the Alien after his brother shot it with the Predator gun.
Bullets only bounced off twice from what I remember.

Quote from: xenomorphnt on Oct 18, 2013, 03:34:14 AM
After taking another look at newts tale, you're right. They used shot guns, and newt's brother uses a pistol. Whatever, they still die too easily. In the avp films. Also, they made Wolf too careless. I still enjoy watching the films, but a third installment should really stay true to the original aliens and predator films. Horror over action. Suspense over thrills. Aliens still murder predator.
It's nigh impossible to pull that now due to excessive exposure done by previous films. I say balance.
And the studio won't like something that seem less profitable...

xenomorphnt

xenomorphnt

I know... they have to make it fair I guess, even though it wouldn't be. Aliens rock, imo.

Infected

Infected

If they want to make this shit work they cant make it play on Earth, it wont work aliens on Earth and predators coming like its nothing.
It has to be in the future.

Liberator

Liberator

The issue is how to bring in the audience.  First the studio wonders how if humans aren't in the movie, as someone we can root for.  Otherwise, it could just (and literally) be aliens vs. predator.  Hunters like to hunt prey in their natural habitats, also, and a movie with a predator on a safari to the alien homeworld (which Ridley wanted to do in an Alien 5 I understand) could be great.  Then there would be no limits to what they two species could do.  If humans are involved, then the future will be much better still, but then I've heard there are more expenses, and we need more background on what humans are doing at that time, who the predators are in the galaxy, etc..  They could do it with a lone craft out in space, which has its navigational systems compromised while the crew is in stasis, and they wake up in distant space, as "honored guests" of a predator tribe living on a remote moon or planet relative to the location of their own home world(s).  That sounds like a good idea to me, actually...

SM

SM

Why would Predators "honour" some guys they found asleep on a ship?

Liberator

Liberator

They're treated as honored guests at first, offered food at a banquet, entertained with predator dancing and opera, and nursed back to full health.  They are told when they can first understand the language, "they are chosen ones", and they will play a part in a "great hunt"...

SM

SM

Can't wait.

SiL

SiL

Seems awful un-Predator like.

SM

SM

You haven't seen Così fan tutte until you've experienced it in Predatorish.

SiL

SiL

Naw, they do Wagner's The Ring Cycle.

All three hours of it.

SM

SM

I'll see your Wagner and raise you a Kathakali.

SiL

SiL

But you're missing out on Ride of the Valkyries performed by Predators.

Game, set, match.

SM

SM

Jai Ho > Ride of the Valkyries

Liberator

Liberator

I know you guys are just alien fans, but what if the dessert at the banquet was a nice alien egg for everyone?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed