Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,330 times)

Ghostface

Ghostface

I find the bias in these forum hilarious...Pussyface isn't THAT tough because all of his victims were apparently unskilled yet Kane's son is feared for his deadliness yet he failed to eliminate a crew of truck drivers armed with nothing more than a flame unit and harsh language.

SM

SM

QuoteI find the irrelevance of Predaboys in these forum hilarious...

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Ghostface on Nov 19, 2010, 12:05:30 AM
I find the bias in these forum hilarious...Pussyface isn't THAT tough because all of his victims were apparently unskilled yet Kane's son is feared for his deadliness yet he failed to eliminate a crew of truck drivers armed with nothing more than a flame unit and harsh language.

Well, our debat strated when Madass said that except scar , only Anytime showed such skills (i didn't want to debat about scar's shitty skills or not, already done before) and i said why not Pussyface too ?

Here you know everything know

Ghostface

Ghostface

We all need to realise that no matter how much of a fanboy we are, both species are seriously flawed, more so than most want to believe. Anytime killed a lot of people, but did it with stealth and rarely went head on with his prey. Pussyface used guerilla tactics to take out huge amounts of people. They weren't super-warriors, they used intellegence to attack at times that suited them tactically. Kane's son failed to take out truck drivers. In aliens, the marines were ambushed without ammo and when they actually started using heavy weaponry, they started to take out larger numbers, but were too overwhelmed. The runner alien took out a bunch of unarmed crims trapped in a facility. None of these scenarios are god-like status, no matter how pred/alien fanboys want to dress it up.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Lol that's pretty true.  ;D

However idk if anytime is any better, he killed off a squad of the most retarded commandos i've ever seen, they didn't even aim half the time, even when they had clear shots at him. Also arnolds rifle i could tell by looking at it, that its mag most likly only held 18-25 rounds yet it fired like 500 rounds hitting guys that were just standing there looking like idiots before he ever reloaded.

At least pussyface took out that CIA team which knew like everything about him, but he was smart enough to exploit the fact that they didn't have any real guns.  :P

Kane son is more of just fear factor, like you said he just took out nothing but truck drivers pretty much.

Aliens in aliens however managed to kill a platoon of well out of all of the soldiers i've seen in p/a/avp films the CM marines t were the most skilled and still got killed off, even when they had bullets in there guns. Plus the CM marine cast in aliens took classes from real military personal on all of their drills and how to move and how to act and all that. They were the closest to any military personal by far.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Ghostface on Nov 19, 2010, 12:17:28 AM
We all need to realise that no matter how much of a fanboy we are, both species are seriously flawed, more so than most want to believe. Anytime killed a lot of people, but did it with stealth and rarely went head on with his prey. Pussyface used guerilla tactics to take out huge amounts of people. They weren't super-warriors, they used intellegence to attack at times that suited them tactically. Kane's son failed to take out truck drivers. In aliens, the marines were ambushed without ammo and when they actually started using heavy weaponry, they started to take out larger numbers, but were too overwhelmed. The runner alien took out a bunch of unarmed crims trapped in a facility. None of these scenarios are god-like status, no matter how pred/alien fanboys want to dress it up.

Amen (see you next sunday)

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: The Ghoul on Nov 19, 2010, 12:20:47 AM

However idk if anytime is any better, he killed off a squad of the most retarded commandos i've ever seen, they didn't even aim half the time, even when they had clear shots at him. Also arnolds rifle i could tell by looking at it, that its mag most likly only held 18-25 rounds yet it fired like 500 rounds hitting guys that were just standing there looking like idiots before he ever reloaded.

At least pussyface took out that CIA team which knew like everything about him, but he was smart enough to exploit the fact that they didn't have any real guns.  :P

Kane son is more of just fear factor, like you said he just took out nothing but truck drivers pretty much.

Aliens in aliens however managed to kill a platoon of well out of all of the soldiers i've seen in p/a/avp films the CM marines t were the most skilled and still got killed off, even when they had bullets in there guns. Plus the CM marine cast in aliens took classes from real military personal on all of their drills and how to move and how to act and all that. They were the closest to any military personal by far.

So true. They were the most badass group in the entire series. To be completely fair to them, they were vastly unarmed when they lost majority of their numbers and they were outnumbered over 10:1. If they were hunting 10 or less xeno it would have been a completely different story. I vote that the USCM were the most badass out of ANY species in the entire franchise.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Nov 19, 2010, 12:22:36 AM
Quote from: Ghostface on Nov 19, 2010, 12:17:28 AM

Amen (see you next sunday)
Quote from: Ghostface on Nov 19, 2010, 12:26:12 AM
Quote from: The Ghoul on Nov 19, 2010, 12:20:47 AM

So true. They were the most badass group in the entire series. To be completely fair to them, they were vastly unarmed when they lost majority of their numbers and they were outnumbered over 10:1. If they were hunting 10 or less xeno it would have been a completely different story. I vote that the USCM were the most badass out of ANY species in the entire franchise.
exactly and i also agree with your last post.

None of these monsters are anywhere near god like badass space aliens.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Dont get me wrong, I love both species equally, but realistically from what we see in the movies, if you pit any of the species hero's against those marines and they would have been toast, including Anytime (yeh I said it...and what?)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 18, 2010, 10:27:09 PM
He was winning that fight until the very end. It's not fair to imply he's lacking in prowess because of one silly mistake.

He was also hightailing it like a wuss for about fifteen minutes beforehand.

I think saying that Kane's Son "failed to take out truck drivers" is a misrepresentation, too. He failed to take out a truck driver because those pesky laws of physics got in his way. Before then, he was just taking them out in his own good time, including two ex-military armed with flamethrowers. Dallas was also a former goods smuggler (see: space pirate) and Ripley already had a hostage crisis aversion under her belt.

The crew of the Nostromo weren't just astronauts, they were all exceptionally experienced, many of them in dangerous tasks. And remember that the Alien setting still sees space travel and dealing with it as a significant task.

Also, this one truck driver he failed to kill went on to lead a team of marines, fight an Alien queen in a mecha, sacrifice herself to prevent the Alien from being captured and then came back from the dead to kick more ass.

It's kind of like me saying that Anytime failed to take out one soldier armed with sticks and stones -- technically accurate, but a misrepresentation of what actually happened.

As for Aliens against the marines, remember that the Aliens took out most of the marines without a single casualty.

*postbreak*

See, the mistake people keep making is only seeing the possibility of Aliens being purely biological animals with a purely animal psyche. Perhaps Alien didn't make it clear enough, but the resemblance Aliens have with the Jockey technology clearly tells us that they were either engineered lifeforms or, preferably, the conceptual (and perhaps literally biological) basis for Jockey technology, and that's not even tapping into the implicitly daemonic elements the Alien nods to.

It's not like I'm saying that Alien is absolutely invincible here -- just making observations with the benefit of some intertextual cross-pollination. Alien implies the links to Lovecraft heavily enough that while the monster's status as something else entirely isn't concrete, it's conceptually supported enough to be a strong possibility.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: Ghostface on Nov 18, 2010, 10:55:41 PM
Quote from: 08yeyinde on Nov 18, 2010, 10:40:34 PM
OK , i respect that , but why?

because of the figthing style he had, and the tactics he used. Also he was way too much cocky at some times (especially assuming that the fleeing Harrigan had NO weapon of any kind, and he exposed himself ), and didn't calculate his moves matching what was needed for the current prey. In case of aliens, I dare say some behaviour or lack of experince puts a short end to the hunt, just like in avp. I don't say he was a bad hunter, or like the ones from vp. But I dooubt he was good enough to hunt and kill an alien.

I dont see why not?

Because in every kind of situation I see an alien hundreds of times more formidable enemy than Lt. Mike Harrigan.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 19, 2010, 04:52:39 AM
I think saying that Kane's Son "failed to take out truck drivers" is a misrepresentation, too. He failed to take out a truck driver because those pesky laws of physics got in his way.

She was unarmed and an easy target. He should have killed her without a problem. I think that xeno in A3 showed more aggression and would have gone through the crew in about 30mins.

It's kind of like me saying that Anytime failed to take out one soldier armed with sticks and stones -- technically accurate, but a misrepresentation of what actually happened.

Anytime did fail to take him out. Like Kane's son, he had numerous opportunities to take Dutch out, but inevitably, failed.

As for Aliens against the marines, remember that the Aliens took out most of the marines without a single casualty.

Also remember that majority of them were basically unarmed. Aside from a few flame units, the squad were left with pistols, and those that disobeyed a direct order took out numerous xeno each.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 19, 2010, 04:52:39 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 18, 2010, 10:27:09 PM
He was winning that fight until the very end. It's not fair to imply he's lacking in prowess because of one silly mistake.
He was also hightailing it like a wuss for about fifteen minutes beforehand.

Your ability to tell time is blinding.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Best shot ever. I love how the Bros. succeeded in hiding perfectly the fake nature of that suit.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Nov 23, 2010, 02:07:16 PM
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/52/avpr3st5.gif
Best shot ever. I love how the Bros. succeeded in hiding perfectly the fake nature of that suit.
In the forums they blamed the stuntman, rather than their shoddy directing. Poor show.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed