Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,243 times)

The Demon

The Demon

Yeah, I don't know. It just doesn't look convincing. I feel they could of done something alot more convicing.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 07, 2008, 02:52:31 AM
How can you say AVP's setting was shitty? That was the best part of it, the set design was, as Paul Anderson would say "literally fantastic."

Set design and actual idea are two separate things. IMO, yes the design was perfect, but the setting was shit b/c it's a dead end; not much that can be done with a pyramid vs. a small town.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 08, 2008, 07:20:38 PM
How can you say AVP's setting was shitty? That was the best part of it, the set design was, as Paul Anderson would say "literally fantastic."

but the setting was shit b/c it's a dead end; not much that can be done with a pyramid vs. a small town.

Exactly. The Aliens do great in the pyramid but the Predator didn't. But in the town its better for both. Aliens get their places they work best and the Predator has its hunting grounds.

Sol

Sol

I liked AvP's settings. The pyramid, and the snowy Whaling Station were sweet. Definitely one of the things AvP has going for it.

Craig

Craig

Set design and actual idea are two separate things. IMO, yes the design was perfect, but the setting was shit b/c it's a dead end; not much that can be done with a pyramid vs. a small town.
Aliens do not belong in a kitchen.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Craig on May 09, 2008, 11:45:49 AM

Aliens do not belong in a kitchen.

Really? Guess you missed the kitchen in Alien.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

A full grown Alien opens a damn door, basically saying "Peek-a-boo!" to Carrie(I think that was her name), in a very man-in-a-suit manner.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 09, 2008, 03:02:55 PM
Really? Guess you missed the kitchen in Alien.

Nice try, but the chestburster is only ever in the dining area, not the kitchenette.  Aliens do belong in a dining room.  ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Last time I checked a chestburster was an Alien.

Craig

Craig

A chestburster that's not in the kitchen. Thanks for proving nothing.

Hell-Scorpion

Hell-Scorpion

AVP:
Unfortunately this film was a piece of sh!t. And that's understandable once you see writer and director is Paul W.S. Anderson great F@cker-upper of such great game series as Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat. He even got the title wrong, It's Aliens vs. Preadtor not Alien vs. Predator, that was 2-3 videogames back in the early ninties. It's only good while you're watching it then you think when it's done and look back, "what the hell?!"
Problems:
1. the title
2. Predators dispalyed as honorless killers.
3. Aliens on Earth, what the hell?!
4. Problem 3 makes Ripely's death in Alien 3 even more pointless.
5. it was F@cking PG-13!
6. Shoulder cannons were too huge.
7. Predators didn't arrive with shoulder cannons.

AVP-R
An improvement to say the least. Shame Lance Henrickson was in AVP, and not AVP-R.
Problems:
1. still on earth
2. no queen
3. no real winner in this one
4. the Pred-Alien becoming part queen

I think AVP-R was much better...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It's been said before and it shall be said again: both films had something the other lacked. AvP:R IMO was better than AvP, but that isn't saying much.

SiL

SiL

AvPR had all the problems of the original minus the teamup, compounded by a complete lack of internal logic, let alone logic with the other films, and a worse plot.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteAvPR had all the problems of the original minus the teamup
Not true at all.
It had blood this time arround, fixed predator, better aliens and didnt waste the first half of the movie.
Quotecompounded by a complete lack of internal logic
Whats so un-logic about a spaceship crashing on earth releasing aliens on a small town??

Quoteand a worse plot.
f**k the pyramid build by Predators for a f**king blooding ritual, i´ll take a clean up job and a small town anyday.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 12, 2008, 12:43:47 PM
It had blood this time arround, fixed predator, better aliens and didnt waste the first half of the movie.

LOL! right, and AVP had better predators.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed