Unmade Movies

Started by KiramidHead, Apr 11, 2017, 11:15:14 PM

Author
Unmade Movies (Read 31,564 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 24, 2021, 07:16:02 AM
I'm terrified to imagine what it is

Basically what happens is that they fight, which continues into space and into the sun, and the scene fades out with the implication left that Superman kills her.

Kradan

Kradan

:-\

Btw, recently I've got around to listen your Superman Lives episode and enjoyed it quite a lot

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 24, 2021, 08:41:15 PM
:-\

Btw, recently I've got around to listen your Superman Lives episode and enjoyed it quite a lot

Thanks.

Immortan Jonesy

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, I've read those.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

And what is the holy grail of scripts? or one which you haven't read yet?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

There are a couple of things I've never been able to find, like the Clive Barker/Mick Garris version of The Mummy or the Jeremy Slater Fantastic Four.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Clive Barker? I bet his mummies could have been quite horrific, just like his cenobites.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

From what I understand, it wasn't really about living mummies, more a weird Lovecraftian thing regarding the Egyptian gods.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Ok wow. That sounds even better, and kinda like reinvent the wheel. At least when it comes to the mummy concept.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And it apparently evolved from an early idea Barker had for Hellraiser 3, but scrapped because he figured it was too far off the mark for that series. Oh, if only he knew how far afield it would go... :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Wasnt that the one where the Pyramids were an early form of the Lament Configuration?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 25, 2021, 08:53:54 AM
Wasnt that the one where the Pyramids were an early form of the Lament Configuration?

Here's the Peter Atkins quote on it.

Quote"How about a Hellraiser movie set partly in Ancient Egypt in which it is revealed that the very first Cenobite was an overly-curious Pharaoh? And how about the fun we could have had when his mummified remains are dug up in the 1990s and brought to an American museum and some clown, in the process of making a diorama display of the discovered treasures, realigns the objects found in the tomb into a certain pyramidic pattern. A pattern that predated the Lament Configuration as a means of access from this reality to that other we all know and love? That was Clive's first take on an idea for the sequel.
"I liked it. Chris Figg liked it. But, despite it being his idea, Clive decided that he didn't like it. Or rather, he didn't like it as the basis for a Hellraiser movie. My guess is he saw the potential for a whole new Barkerian mythology in there and wanted to keep it clean. There was much talk in the genre press a couple of years later about something called The Egyptian Project, a working title for a movie Clive was developing with Mick Garris for Universal Pictures. I never read Mick's screenplay so I don't know if it has anything in common with those earlier ideas of Clive's but I'm sure you Barker-completists out there will be happy to learn about that particular strand of potential cross-fertilisation between his works."

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 25, 2021, 12:43:23 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 25, 2021, 08:53:54 AM

Here's the Peter Atkins quote on it.

Quote"How about a Hellraiser movie set partly in Ancient Egypt in which it is revealed that the very first Cenobite was an overly-curious Pharaoh? And how about the fun we could have had when his mummified remains are dug up in the 1990s and brought to an American museum and some clown, in the process of making a diorama display of the discovered treasures, realigns the objects found in the tomb into a certain pyramidic pattern. A pattern that predated the Lament Configuration as a means of access from this reality to that other we all know and love? That was Clive's first take on an idea for the sequel.
"I liked it. Chris Figg liked it. But, despite it being his idea, Clive decided that he didn't like it. Or rather, he didn't like it as the basis for a Hellraiser movie. My guess is he saw the potential for a whole new Barkerian mythology in there and wanted to keep it clean. There was much talk in the genre press a couple of years later about something called The Egyptian Project, a working title for a movie Clive was developing with Mick Garris for Universal Pictures. I never read Mick's screenplay so I don't know if it has anything in common with those earlier ideas of Clive's but I'm sure you Barker-completists out there will be happy to learn about that particular strand of potential cross-fertilisation between his works."

Thats the one. Would love to read that script

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I didn't remember Scott was about to make I'm Legend for Warner Bros in 1997.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuFwV-cgkw_/?igshid=11vqk9o70rgy2

This makeup design transports me to the imagery of 2 movies: one that already existed at that time and another that began to exist 15 years later  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed