The Blade Runner Thread

Started by Shasvre, Mar 03, 2011, 01:15:19 AM

Author
The Blade Runner Thread (Read 226,367 times)

Kradan

Kradan

wow :o

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I actually saw a pice left over from one of one of the original Blade Runner building miniatures at the Museum of the Moving Image in New York maybe five or so years back. Really cool stuff to see in person. I probably have a picture of it somewhere...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Those miniatures, nay, bigatures were huge. Probably why Blade Runner's special effects shots still hold up so well today. Still beats the best CGI available today. Same story with Alien.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 08, 2022, 05:25:43 PM
I actually saw a pice left over from one of one of the original Blade Runner building miniatures at the Museum of the Moving Image in New York maybe five or so years back. Really cool stuff to see in person. I probably have a picture of it somewhere...

Postpostpostpostpost !

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 08, 2022, 05:25:43 PM

The Millennium Falcon and the spaceship from Dark Star also made a cameo posing as buildings in Blade Runner.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Dug it up on ye olde Facebook (which I really should delete at some point). It's a much shittier pic than I remember it being - guess I had the jitters - but, hey, better than nothing?

Kradan

Kradan

Looks good. Thanks for posting  ;)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed!  :o

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote'Blade Runner 2099' Live-Action Sequel Series From Ridley Scott, Silka Luisa & Alcon In Works At Amazon Studios

EXCLUSIVE: The replicants are heading to the small-screen as Amazon Studios has put a live-action series set in the Blade Runner universe into development.

Ridley Scott, who directed the original 1982 Blade Runner movie, is executive producing the series, Blade Runner 2099, a follow-up to the feature film sequel Blade Runner 2049, which was released in 2017 and directed by Denis Villeneuve.

Silka Luisa, showrunner of Starz's upcoming Elisabeth Moss-fronted drama series Shining Girls, is writing and exec producing Blade Runner 2099, which comes from Scott Free Productions in association with Alcon Entertainment and Amazon Studios.

The project, which would mark the first Blade Runner live-action series, is in priority development at Amazon Studios, which is fast tracking scripts and eyeing potential production dates. Staffing is currently underway for writers to join a room. Scott may direct if the series moves forward, sources said.

https://deadline.com/2022/02/blade-runner-2099-sequel-series-ridley-scott-amazon-1234931521/

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Oh yes yes yes

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Well holy shit.

And yes please on Scott directing.

Kradan

Kradan

Well, Blade Runner fans can get Ridley to direct new stuff why can't we Alien fans get ... oh wait

Anyway, not a BR fan so not really excited but glad for everybody who is

Stitch

Stitch

That's the news I've been waiting for. Wonder if there will be a Spider-Man 2099 crossover?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I do very much worry about the spectacle of Blade Runner losing its luster on the small screen but also, I can't help but be curious about an ongoing noir tale with investigation spanning a longer period of time.

Wonder if there's any intention to move away from the West Coast and go to another part of the country? Or another country? Or.... off-world?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed