The Blade Runner Thread

Started by Shasvre, Mar 03, 2011, 01:15:19 AM

Author
The Blade Runner Thread (Read 226,391 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

QuoteBlade Runner universe to be explored in series of comics and graphic novels

EW can exclusively reveal that Alcon Media Group and London-based Titan Publishing are partnering in a new co-publishing venture which will initially focus on the Blade Runner universe. Alcon, along with Sony Pictures, produced last year's Blade Runner 2049, a sequel to director Ridley Scott's 1982 science fiction film Blade Runner. That latter movie starred Harrison Ford as the titular character, who tracks rogue synthetic humans. Ford returned for the sequel, which costarred Ryan Gosling. Titan is known for publishing movie and TV tie-in books, including an array of Doctor Who titles and novels set in the Marvel and DC universes.

In a joint statement by Alcon co-founders and co-CEOs Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove, and Titan's co-founders, Nick Landau and Vivian Cheung, the partners stated that the companies will develop and publish a variety of both fiction and non-fiction print media. The program will feature new, in canon comics and graphic novels that dive deeper into the Blade Runner world as well as a variety of publications focused on the visual and technical sides of the production process.

Editorial duties will be handled by Titan's David Manley-Leach, and Alcon's director of publishing, Jeff Conner.

"In partnering with the exceptional Titan Comics and Titan Books, we're confident that the world of Blade Runner will continue to organically grow in a way that refuses to sacrifice the quality, tone and high standards of this beloved property," said Kosove and Johnson, in a statement.

"We are extremely excited to be publishing Blade Runner comics and illustrated books," said Titan publishers Nick Landau and Vivian Cheung. "The Blade Runner universe has barely been explored; there is so much more there. It's an honour to be bringing this world to life in new ways for a new audience – and to reveal tales from that universe that you've never seen before."

http://ew.com/books/2018/07/12/blade-runner-comics/

The Old One

The Old One

Excellent. Truly can't wait to see what we get from this.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I'm onboard. If we got another film, it would be as un-2049-like as possible, to try and make money. I just want more 2049-like stylish, good stories. :)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I'm surprised Dark Horse didn't jump on this opportunity.  It all sounds pretty cool on the surface.  I'll probably give this a go in TPB form.

They should reprint the original marvel comics as a TPB as well...

The Old One

The Old One

Then we could finally get the only cinematic universe merge that would feel genuine; Alien and Blade Runner.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 14, 2018, 02:38:10 AM
Then we could finally get the only cinematic universe merge that would feel genuine; Alien and Blade Runner.

We can only hope.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Production journal of Blade Runner 2049 by producer Cynthia Yorkin:

http://collider.com/blade-runner-2049-production-journal-cynthia-yorkin/#dave-bautista

QuoteMeanwhile, we are all still working on coming up with a title for the film.  I read a list of suggestions and wasn't grabbed by anything, so I made some notes on words that had depth and meaning for me. I went to bed thinking about it and woke up in the middle of the night with the idea "Blade Runner: Time to Live".  It felt right.  A play on words that refers to Roy Batty's line from the first film "Time to die" – one of the most important and beloved scenes in the original. "Time to Live" foreshadows what our film is about – the replicants in the first film were never given the chance to live. It's an homage with many layers, and it's poetic.

Rumour:

QuoteIt would be entirely plausible for a new cult franchise from the big screen to be adapted in series form. But so far, the information is nothing more than a rumor to be taken with a pinch of salt (although it comes from Roger Friedman, veteran Hollywood journalist). That said, it's definitely caught our attention. According to the American pundit, the producers of Blade Runner 2049 are planning to continue the saga as a series, despite the semi-commercial failure of the sequel directed by Denis Villeneuve (the film won two Oscars but only just covered its 150 million dollar production costs from international ticket sales).

http://www.konbini.com/en/entertainment-2/a-blade-runner-2049-series-is-reported-to-be-in-development/

The Old One

The Old One

Excellent.

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 10, 2018, 09:35:22 PM

http://collider.com/blade-runner-2049-production-journal-cynthia-yorkin/#dave-bautista

QuoteMeanwhile, we are all still working on coming up with a title for the film.  I read a list of suggestions and wasn't grabbed by anything, so I made some notes on words that had depth and meaning for me. I went to bed thinking about it and woke up in the middle of the night with the idea "Blade Runner: Time to Live".  It felt right.  A play on words that refers to Roy Batty's line from the first film "Time to die" – one of the most important and beloved scenes in the original. "Time to Live" foreshadows what our film is about – the replicants in the first film were never given the chance to live. It's an homage with many layers, and it's poetic.

Rumour:

QuoteIt would be entirely plausible for a new cult franchise from the big screen to be adapted in series form. But so far, the information is nothing more than a rumor to be taken with a pinch of salt (although it comes from Roger Friedman, veteran Hollywood journalist). That said, it's definitely caught our attention. According to the American pundit, the producers of Blade Runner 2049 are planning to continue the saga as a series, despite the semi-commercial failure of the sequel directed by Denis Villeneuve (the film won two Oscars but only just covered its 150 million dollar production costs from international ticket sales).

http://www.konbini.com/en/entertainment-2/a-blade-runner-2049-series-is-reported-to-be-in-development/

I hope that this is true!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Do you know who Cynthia Yorkin was?

According to the American pundit, the producers of Blade Runner 2049 are planning to continue the saga as a series, despite the semi-commercial failure of the sequel directed by Denis Villeneuve (the film won two Oscars but only just covered its 150 million dollar production costs from international ticket sales).

Story I heard was that the series will be continued in comic book form. Either way, I'll give it a miss.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

If they do a series, I hope it takes place half on Earth, and half in the colonies. We really need to get out there.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 11, 2018, 03:41:06 PM

She was a producer of BR2049.

Prez

Prez

... and then the eventual crossover with the mooted Alien TV Series  ;)

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 11, 2018, 07:03:56 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 11, 2018, 03:41:06 PM

She was a producer of BR2049.

Not to mention being the Wife of the producer of the original Blade Runner (Bud Yorkin).

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Prez on Oct 11, 2018, 10:58:23 PM
... and then the eventual crossover with the mooted Alien TV Series  ;)

And it all ties into the old Total Recall 2070 series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed