The Blade Runner Thread

Started by Shasvre, Mar 03, 2011, 01:15:19 AM

Author
The Blade Runner Thread (Read 227,721 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteDuring his six-decade career, the American actor played a variety of roles, including Harrison Ford's LAPD boss in Sir Ridley Scott's 1982 Blade Runner.

https://news.sky.com/story/m-emmet-walsh-blade-runner-and-knives-out-actor-dies-13098954

RIP

Have a better one, sir.

Wweyland

Wweyland

RIP, just as I was reading "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?". His role is a bit bigger there.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I saw him in an old Planet of the Apes movie a while back. Also he was in Back to School, and who could forget him in The Jerk. "'Johnson, Navin R.'... sounds like a typical bastard..."  ;D

RIP Emmet.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

@SiL Don't watch that while operating heavy machinery.

SiL

SiL

It's a very polite way of saying "the film will put you to sleep".

Ingwar

Ingwar

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Sounds like our main character might not be a Blade Runner in this, then. Interesting.

So much noir isn't told from the POV of the detective, so this strikes me as a very valid angle to go here. And with the comment that the (presumably Replicant) lead has to team up with a Blade Runner that is nearing the end of her own life, that initially makes one think that the Blade Runner is also a Replicant with a set expiration date, but I wonder if perhaps she might be human and dealing with a sickness/disease in which her own days are numbered, which would bring her that much closer to the prey that she is being sent out to ruthlessly hunt down.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Mar 21, 2024, 08:34:11 AM
QuoteDuring his six-decade career, the American actor played a variety of roles, including Harrison Ford's LAPD boss in Sir Ridley Scott's 1982 Blade Runner.

https://news.sky.com/story/m-emmet-walsh-blade-runner-and-knives-out-actor-dies-13098954

RIP

Have a better one, sir.

Such a good character actor. He had a loooooong career and was a part of so many good movies/TV shows.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1787844845085905151

So in the article Yeoh is described as playing Olwen, and there's mention of her being a Replicant (but, strangely, no mention of her being a Blade Runner). I wonder if yesterday's report about Cora and Olwen mixed up the names, or if the report yesterday was correct and Olwen is a Replicant Blade Runner like K (and, perhaps, Deckard ;)).

Anyways, love this casting. Can't wait to see where things go.

T Dog

T Dog

I swear I've posted here in the past with a very surface level pitch of a female asian lead donning a 1930's detective hat.

Regardless, Michelle Yeoh is great!

Ingwar

Ingwar

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is one of my favourite movies ever. Cannot wait to see Yeoh again.

Aahna Ashina aka "Ash" from Blade Runner 2019, 2029 and 2039 has some Asian origin.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed