IF The Predator gets a sequel, who should write/direct and how/why?

Started by von, Sep 11, 2018, 09:46:28 AM

Author
IF The Predator gets a sequel, who should write/direct and how/why? (Read 5,971 times)

Huntsman

I don't see the need to redact events after P2. For better or worse, I like that a mythology and chronology is being formed here. It's much more refreshing than pushing the reboot button every second film.

The Old One

The Old One

You don't even need to acknowledge the chronology of you don't wish to. All the events of the sequels or even the original can be handwaved away.

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 16, 2018, 11:34:46 AM
Redacting everything would make no difference whatsoever, you're still left with executing the basic concept regardless- reboot or not that doesn't change a thing because they're all standalone entries.

It'd make a massive difference in terms of wjere the franchise could go.

I believe that the AvP connection negatively affects both franchises. It feels to me like the studio is more concerned with  how both franchises interact and how one fits with the other than they are with getting a good film from either.

Remove the (frankly unnecessary) AvP connection and allow both franchises to go back to doing what they do best.

Also, you can't say they're all standalone entries when this film has tried to unite all 5 movies (paraphrashing Black, there) and it actually has items from P1, P2 and AvP in it.

They're trying to build something, which would be fine if they were doing a good job of it. But they aren't. We don't need Super/Upgraded/GM preds. And we don't need to know which species is superior.

We just need solid entries into each franchise. With or without continuity.

But we can't really have the "multiverses" approach of the Marvel/DC comicbook world, can we? As no studio in it's right mind will go for that. So the best option, IMO, is to redact everything post-P2 as you're left with a good platform to build off then.

The Old One

The Old One

No filmmaker takes AVP 2004 or AVPR, or the EU seriously so it doesn't matter either way.

Shane Black felt no need to disregard AVP but I can guarantee that had he felt the need, he would have done so- just as he ignored Predators abductions.

funk_master_chunk

No filmmaker feels the need to take AvP/AvP:R seriously - and yet the best filmmaker ever to be attached to the franchise felt the need to include AvP references in his film and state (publicly) that he's acknowledged all 5 films which came before it.

This is my point, TBF. More inclined to acknowledged the existing dross than build on the 2 good entries in the series.

EJA

EJA

My idea for a follow up story hinges largely on the Predator-Killer suit, and its' effect on humans.

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Sep 16, 2018, 12:09:42 PM
No filmmaker feels the need to take AvP/AvP:R seriously - and yet the best filmmaker ever to be attached to the franchise felt the need to include AvP references in his film and state (publicly) that he's acknowledged all 5 films which came before it.

This is my point, TBF. More inclined to acknowledged the existing dross than build on the 2 good entries in the series.

Absolutely right.

Nathsp

My opening for the next movie? A clan of predators wiping another predator ship full of upgrade clan, saying we hunt for honor, you are aberrations.
All the shane mess is out of the lore.
Probbly i will tell the story of a pred trying to recover pred tech.
And the pred killer make like it never existed

The Old One

The Old One

I don't think a reboot would ultimately change that perception or potential to be influenced by the most recent entries, but I may be mistaken.

EJA

My scenario opens with a Predator (perhaps an Upgrade type) running through a tropical rainforest, very severely wounded, probably near death, bleeding from multiple serious wounds. It then freezes abruptly as multiple three-red-dots appear on it. It growls, and then the picture goes black as we hear Predator cannon blasts go off. We next open in a dystopian near-future setting. War is being waged. It looks as though Predators are targeting humans, like normal. But it's soon revealed that Stargazer tried replicating the Predator-Killer suit technology; they fought off the traditional Predators..........but the people who used the suits soon started to exhibit Predator tendencies, because the suits interfaced with their brains. Now humans have become Predators.

Nathsp

Quote from: EJA on Sep 16, 2018, 04:28:52 PM
My scenario opens with a Predator (perhaps an Upgrade type) running through a tropical rainforest, very severely wounded, probably near death, bleeding from multiple serious wounds. It then freezes abruptly as multiple three-red-dots appear on it. It growls, and then the picture goes black as we hear Predator cannon blasts go off. We next open in a dystopian near-future setting. War is being waged. It looks as though Predators are targeting humans, like normal. But it's soon revealed that Stargazer tried replicating the Predator-Killer suit technology; they fought off the traditional Predators..........but the people who used the suits soon started to exhibit Predator tendencies, because the suits interfaced with their brains. Now humans have become Predators.
Oh god no please, no more independence day resurgence..

EJA

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 16, 2018, 04:38:19 PM
Oh god no please, no more independence day resurgence..

I didn't see the ID sequel.

newagescamartist

And this is why The Predator needs to be ret conned or ignored completely.

happypred

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Sep 11, 2018, 08:40:21 PM
Cut to inside and there's alarms blaring and it's a state of panic. One Pred just slaughtering everyone in board. Preds in stasis chambers. Preds on duty. Everyone. Could even have a showdown with the Ship's Elder and his guards. He flees after killing them to an escape pod

What makes this bad blood so powerful?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Worst idea for a predator movie I have ever seen. And I have seen a lot of crazy stuff over the years, this is just as bad as that Lex-Scar fanfiction that some fangirl who liked predators on the weird way did back in the day.

Fugitive Predator

i know John McTiernan is black listed in hollywood but still would be nice to see him return for another predator movie
hell or even try Stephen Hopkins.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed