Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 735,954 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Maybe it'll be a three sided war, UNSC/Arbiter forces vs The Banished vs Cortana/Guardians

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 25, 2020, 07:53:28 AM
Honestly...think I'm just going to get the PC release if it's simultaneous. If it's not...I may have to make some decisions.

Is your PC anything like your car?

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 25, 2020, 03:23:52 PM
Maybe it'll be a three sided war, UNSC/Arbiter forces vs The Banished vs Cortana/Guardians
I like that. To best Cortana and her Guardians, though, forces may have to be joined. Who knows, maybe love between a Spartan and a corrupted AI is all that is needed.  ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Finally grabbed the MCC on Steam. I just have to pry myself away from Destiny 2 one of these days and play it. :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 25, 2020, 03:55:21 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 25, 2020, 07:53:28 AM
Honestly...think I'm just going to get the PC release if it's simultaneous. If it's not...I may have to make some decisions.

Is your PC anything like your car?

Ha. No. Parts don't need replacing in her as much.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 28, 2020, 04:32:47 PM
Finally grabbed the MCC on Steam. I just have to pry myself away from Destiny 2 one of these days and play it. :D

We just bought this, and I'm playing it for the first time!  Co-op mode.  The "dying" sound effects of the alien species are hilarious  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Just played through Reach. Loved revisiting this, but man, cutting the credits out of the game really killed the pacing of the ending. :-\

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Just completed Halo 5: Gaurdians and I enjoyed it... but was left a little, underwhelmed. I liked the story even though it does feel like a filler, but feel the game play was lacking in something, didn't feel immersive or different enough.  Enjoyed it just nothing majorly special.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space_Dementia on Jul 05, 2020, 12:50:33 AM
Just completed Halo 5: Gaurdians and I enjoyed it... but was left a little, underwhelmed. I liked the story even though it does feel like a filler, but feel the game play was lacking in something, didn't feel immersive or different enough.  Enjoyed it just nothing majorly special.

I never owned an XBox One, so I only got to play 5 once, co-op at a friend's house, which isn't really the way to experience a Halo game for the first time.

That being said, I didn't really care for it. But I'm also sort of a Bungie purist with Halo. I loved 4 on release but after playing it a couple times, and the more I think about it, the less I like it. CE though Reach will always be my Halo.

Still, I do hope that 5 does get a PC release at some point. I feel like I owe it a proper playthrough, and especially with Infinite coming later this year. I should probably finally give the second Halo Wars a play at some point too, since the Banished are going to be part of Halo: Infinite...

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Guardians I believe's intentionally being abandoned, with the Halo Wars franchise making its way to PC and the rest of the franchise in the form of Halo The Master Chief Collection making its way to PC, it's clear Halo Infinite's going the soft reboot direction with it primarily being influenced by the original Halo Trilogy but I believe Combat Evolved in particular.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah I'm definitely getting a soft reboot vibe from the marketing so far, and I am certainly not complaining about that at all. I do feel like the Cortana thing is so big that they really have no choice but to address it in some capacity, though.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I agree, but in a weird way it's a direct sequel to three separate unique flavours of Halo, the unavoidable story ramifications of Guardians, Halo Wars bringing fresh ideas to the table, whilst spirituality being a successor to The Master Chief Collection.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Indeed. They certainly have their work cut out for them.

Hoping for the best when they reveal the game properly at this month's XBox stream.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

The only thing I'd like to see really get brought over from 5 to Infinite would be Blue Team being in the game(s) in one capacity or another. The brief time spent with them in 5 were the only times I truly enjoyed the game.

Nightmare Asylum

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed