The "Puma Alien"

Started by War Wager, Jun 28, 2007, 02:24:18 PM

Did you like H.R. Gigers original "puma"drawings for Alien3?

Yes, looked even more mechanical and beautiful than the first
8 (40%)
No, looked way to different for it to fit in to the lifecycle
12 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author
The "Puma Alien" (Read 4,505 times)

War Wager

War Wager

I cant find a picture of it, but its on the Alien3 DVD. I looked good. It was on all fours, had no tubes on it's back, had "swords" between it's fingers, had a larger and more "sophisticated" inner-jaw and had a cool pattern on its head. It was a great design, but unfortunatley ADI ran out of time and could only use some aspects of the design...  :'(

BKS_tmo

BKS_tmo

Try to find some picture, then we will post coments

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: War Wager on Jun 28, 2007, 02:24:18 PM
I cant find a picture of it, but its on the Alien3 DVD. I looked good. It was on all fours, had no tubes on it's back, had "swords" between it's fingers, had a larger and more "sophisticated" inner-jaw and had a cool pattern on its head. It was a great design, but unfortunatley ADI ran out of time and could only use some aspects of the design...  :'(

There was a thread here that had that pic, but i can't find it anywhere.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

It was on all fours, had no tubes on it's back, had "swords" between it's fingers, had a larger and more "sophisticated" inner-jaw and had a cool pattern on its head.
That sounds like Giger's Alien3 design to me, especially the "swords between the fingers" thing.  Could be wrong though, I don't recall whether Giger's had a design on it's head or not.

I thought that design sucked.  Sucked hard.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Did you like H.R. Gigers original "puma"drawings for Alien3?

*Looks a poll question.* Yes, I think we already established it was Giger's design. :P

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Krudler.  Read all the posts, but completely glossed over the poll at the very top.

Mea culpa.

And vote cast, huzzah!

...although, even though I voted "no" it wasn't because I thought it looked too different from the previous Aliens, I just thought it looked terrible.  The final Alien3 design is tres magnific.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I don't see what the difference was besides the swords in the fingers which looked stupid anyway.

Oh, yeah, and the tongue.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

i don´t like the idea of the lips and the toungue and the way it would kill (with a kiss), way too diferent...i feel sorry for giger and his team, they worked really hard and at the end they didn´t use his model

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Jun 29, 2007, 11:36:12 AM
...i feel sorry for giger and his team, they worked really hard and at the end they didn´t use his model

Meh...better him suffering than me.

At least he got paid for his work.

Predboy

Predboy

I looked good.

I can only assume your talking about the design. As for the question, I've never really seen it so I cant say.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Jun 29, 2007, 11:36:12 AM
i don´t like the idea of the lips and the toungue and the way it would kill (with a kiss), way too diferent...i feel sorry for giger and his team, they worked really hard and at the end they didn´t use his model

They did use the lips though.

War Wager

War Wager

It's good to see that ADI implied the idea of it being all fours, having no tubes on its back, lips etc...  :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Darkness

Darkness

Here's some more:

War Wager

War Wager

Thats great, thanks Darkness.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed