space jockey (Read 11,171 times)

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on Jun 06, 2007, 02:22:32 AM
Looks like a hugger rooted a saxophone.

Yeah I agree that tail sucks ass.

SM

SM

Instead of screeching or hissing as it's about to kill you, the gentle wafting melodies of Kenny G can be heard...

Meathead320

Meathead320

I like the giant Alien.

Although the art could use work.

If it were to play any sort of sound, I would suggest a deep eerie Organ type of sound. ;D

I really like the concept of the size advantage, even if the art is not up to my liking.

I borrowed this from a post of Sil:

Okay, the following is just a very rough guide, as a lost of estimation was used and I don't feel like going back and redoing all the decimal places. So it's going to be fairly wobbly :p

Let's assume:
Adult human Alien = 7'7" (7.58 feet)*
Adult human male = 5'9" (5.75 feet)

7.58 / 5.75 = 1.3 (rounding down)

So, we can assume, based off this model, that an adult Alien is approximately 1.3 times the size of its host.

Spike the Dog = 5'7" (5.58 feet)

5.58 x 1.3 = 7.254

Dog Alien = 7.254 feet

Predator = 7'5" (7.41 feet)**

7.41 x 1.3 = 9.633

PredAlien = 9.633 feet.

Let's put that in ascending order:

Adult Dog Alien = 7.254 feet
Adult human Alien = 7.58 feet
Adult PredAlien = 9.633 feet.

For the sake of simplicity, let's give the average human male a few extra inches.

Adult human male = 6 feet
Adult Alien Queen (Aliens) = 15- feet

Assuming that the Queen in Aliens was full-grown, it was 2.5 times larger than its host.

I also wanted to add; while comicsand EU may not be movie canon, regardless, assuming that if a Queen picks up nothing else from the host, she would still be keeping the same relative size advantage, I would expect a Jocy hosted Queen to be the same size relative to that Alien as the Queen in Aliens was to her batch.

At least until we can confirm that Queens do not gain anything from a host, we should leave the possibility open. I think at the very least her total size would be effected, even if she did not pick up any other host traits.

Truy a HUGE Bitch.

In fact, I believe the one that came out of the Jocky either was a Queen, or one of the Crew was morphed into a Queen egg, and somehow there was a Queen made.

There were thousands of eggs in that cavern, and for all we know the ship may not have been transporting them but rather something else.

The eggs may have been laid by a Giant Queen, resting somewhere near the end of that tunnel.

If you notice, that tunnel appears to go on-and-on.

I would expect the eggs she lays however to be the same size as normal. The eggs and huggers being the only true "pure" aliens.

So how would these huggers get a hold of such a giant host as the Jocky?

Perhaps by wrapping their tail around that things nose (or appendage similarly placed) this organ cannot supply fluid to the brain from the chest, thus cause the creature to go unconscious.

The Jocky is actually a great example for my "land of giants" thoerie on how they would use hosts in such a way at to impregnate, without hugging the face in the way they do humans.

What we call a "facehugger" is really just and implanter. Facehugging is what is best method for a human, Pred, or a dog for that matter.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Jun 06, 2007, 03:30:14 AM
Instead of screeching or hissing as it's about to kill you, the gentle wafting melodies of Kenny G can be heard...

LOL, you're killing me. Kenny G

"Why didn't Chuck Norris kill Kenny G"

Because Chuck Norris doesn't kill women

Ishallsmitethee

Ishallsmitethee

QuoteThe jockey: "I wash myself with a rag on a stick"
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b129/Chris_W/jockey_1.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b129/Chris_W/jockey_2.jpg

Xeno-Jockey:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b129/Chris_W/jokey_xeno.jpg

I imagined the Jockey would be more biomechanical. It appeared that way in Alien. I guess the biomechanical aspect of the Jockey was just its skeleton.

I still want to read that comic though, looks interesting.

Pax

Pax

After I noticed the problem with facehuggers and that tube thing, I finally came to the conclusion that the huggers could probably fit between it and the Jockey's mouth.  I mean, it is pretty big, and aliens are known to be able to fit through small gaps.  Remember: Aliens will find a way.

-Pax

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jun 06, 2007, 12:41:57 AM
Only post the latter if you've warned everyone that they're about to piss themselves laughing.

Don't you like the hybrid?

SM

SM

The Jockey hybrid is amazingly dumb,

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

The jockey should remain untouched. If we see it in a movie, we lose any and all of the mystery that surrounds Alien. I don't want that.

That jockey looks overweight. Wasn't it biomech? Otherwise giger would be pissed.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

That ovipositor could just flex around the tube. Or push the tube over to one side. They tend to be very tenacious when after something they happen to want. :)

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 13, 2007, 11:07:38 AM
The jockey should remain untouched. If we see it in a movie, we lose any and all of the mystery that surrounds Alien. I don't want that.

I disagree - the Jockey could be awesome if done correctly.  It needs to be done by Giger though.  Only he has the knowledge to bring the Jockey to life.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Of course Giger would make it awesome

but then we will lose all the mystery behind them, and I don't want that.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

QuoteWhat we call a "facehugger" is really just and implanter. Facehugging is what is best method for a human, Pred, or a dog for that matter.

Who's up for a rectal probe? ^_^

BKS_tmo

BKS_tmo

Any way, we have conclusion: DO NOT F*CK WITH FACEHUGGER!!! No creature can resist infection... but Chuck Norris ;D

I think the jockey should remain in mystery. They can film him , but not reveal to much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed