Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 959,737 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Well, Battlefield 4 is pissing me off.

It feels so different, as in I've never had my ass so easily kicked individually before. The play style I had in BF 3 feels so futile in in BF 4, half the time I don't even see people coming.

I am not only getting angry but disappointed.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Dec 28, 2013, 08:06:49 PM
Well, Battlefield 4 is pissing me off.

It feels so different, as in I've never had my ass so easily kicked individually before. The play style I had in BF 3 feels so futile in in BF 4, half the time I don't even see people coming.

I am not only getting angry but disappointed.

I had the exact same problem when I started playing online aswell. Once you make it past that initial learning curve and get used to all the new weapons and mechanics you'll start to kick some ass. My first week or so my K/D was at about 0.70 then after a month of playing I was above 2.0 (Personally I couldn't give two shits about KD ratios, but just to put it in perspective.)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Learning curve?  ???

It plays almost exactly like Battlefield 3... very few things were changed.  :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but...

Spoiler

underbound

underbound

I started playing the original AvP as of late and that shit is hard! How the hell do I get out of the pyramid on the first alien mission? How do I not get raped by aliens with the pred? Why are all the pred weps bad for killing the aliens? Why the hell cant I see facehuggers? And can I mod the game?

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Cal427eb on Dec 28, 2013, 08:45:13 PM
Learning curve?  ???

'Learning Curve' IE New Maps, new gadgets, Sniper Rifle mechanics (etc) I had been out of playing BF3 for about 6 months before I jumped onto BF4. I usually play for like two weeks straight then just ditch it and move onto other games after unlocking everything, only coming every so often or whenever DLC is released.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: underbound on Dec 28, 2013, 09:53:23 PM
I started playing the original AvP as of late and that shit is hard! How the hell do I get out of the pyramid on the first alien mission? How do I not get raped by aliens with the pred? Why are all the pred weps bad for killing the aliens? Why the hell cant I see facehuggers? And can I mod the game?

- Escaping Temple as the Alien:
Not sure where you're at, but here's a basic list of the objectives. Let me know which point you're having trouble with, and I can provide more detail.
Spoiler

--Break suspended roof pillars to make them drop down and block the energy stream preventing you from getting downstairs. If you've encountered any marines, you're past here.
--Break power boxes in the four side rooms (with the very deep channels - each box is on the wall of the channel). This unlocks the two big doors off the middle of the map, behind which are dark rooms stacked with computers and holding cells.
--Break all the cooling pipes to the computers in the aforementioned two rooms. There should be androids in there.
--Heavily armed marines will usually swarm in once you've broken all the pipes. You can now take an elevator in the centre of the map to the next level down.
--Navigate your way through some tunnels, breaking boxes to open doors as you go.
--When you come to a huge open room stretching downwards, it's time to be careful - there are sentry guns off a large tunnel at the bottom of the room. You need to break two large servos on either side of the tunnel entrance to close the tunnel off. Having closed the tunnel, there should be another identical large room nearby, for which you do the same thing. BE CAREFUL - sentry guns are extremely powerful.
--With the sentry tunnels sealed off in both large rooms, a 'door' in the floor of the large rooms will be unlocked (both rooms have it, they lead to the same place). Drop down it, and you'll have a long, sexy, linear trip to the level exit.
[close]

- Tackling Aliens while playing as the Predator:
The plasma pistol is your best friend here. The projectiles move quickly, it has an area-of-effect blast, and will take out a xeno in one hit. Just need to try to take out the xeno before it gets in your face, because you'll damage yourself too - best run backwards to put some more space between you and it, if this happens.
Speargun's handy if you have great aim (and unlike the pistol it can be useful at point-blank range), a charged wristblade can work if you time your thrust and retreat to perfection, and obviously the Disc works against anything but then you have the task of retrieving it.
With the plasmacaster, it's largely bullshit if used as intended. Aliens are too fast for it - even on the rare occasions that the targeting reticule is able to catch up with them, they usually outrun the projectile. The trick is to aim manually, which you can do by switching to any vision mode other than the Alien-highlighting red one... this way you can aim in such a way as to "lead" the speeding target. Takes some practice to master, though.
Anyway... keep moving. Aliens will usually spawn infinitely, so the faster you move, the less you'll encounter.

- Spotting Facehuggers:
I'd hope you already know this, but if you're playing as the Predator, the red ('Electrical') vision mode highlights them in white along with Aliens, Xenoborgs and (if I remember rightly) androids.
Playing as the marine, you'll generally be alerted to their presence by a loud slithering sound. You'll then need to hang back and check your motion tracker - throw a bunch of flares to the point indicated on your tracker, and you should be able to spot the Facehugger. At this point, the Smartgun's the easy option for hitting the little buggers, but if you can ignite them with the flamethrower then they won't be able to attack you, they'll just scurry around impotently until they keel over.
Something to keep in mind with the 'huggers is that their noise carries over quite a distance, and their pathfinding is terrible (plus, they can't climb walls like their big brothers). So very often the critter you can hear will be around a corner or on the next level up or down.

- Modding the game:
Mod support's always been fairly limited, but there are resources out there. If you're just looking to download existing mods, there are plenty here: http://www.moddb.com/games/aliens-vs-predator
I'm not sure if mods for the Steam version are compatible with the disc version though, so it's worth checking.

underbound

underbound

Well the alien im still at the starting point after the cutscene by the eggs. But thanx for the help, I really appreciate it.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Hooo boy! Alright, well, there's a tunnel leading down from that room, at the far end from where you spawn. I think it has a slight reddish glow.
If I remember rightly you then wall-walk upwards in the next room, then around the next corner you'll see the big stream of energy flowing upwards in the middle of the big open area. Don't touch it, obviously... Your objective is to switch it off, at which point you'll be able to drop down where it's flowing out.

Anyway. Go to the far side of the room, there are tall tubes going up the wall, if you wall-walk to the top, you'll be able to drop down into them. In the next room, claw out the grates, and you'll enter the maze of passages circling around the level's attic. Keep wandering around until you enter a tall room, with two channels of that energy stream flowing horizontally at floor level. There are huge blocks suspended on the ceiling directly above the energy streams, if you claw them out they'll drop straight down and shut off the energy flow.

Then make your way back to where the vertical energy flow was, and you'll be able to drop down and start the eaty part of the level. Enjoy!

underbound

underbound

K, i got it. Thanx

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Vakarian on Dec 28, 2013, 09:54:23 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Dec 28, 2013, 08:45:13 PM
Learning curve?  ???

'Learning Curve' IE New Maps, new gadgets, Sniper Rifle mechanics (etc) I had been out of playing BF3 for about 6 months before I jumped onto BF4. I usually play for like two weeks straight then just ditch it and move onto other games after unlocking everything, only coming every so often or whenever DLC is released.

Yea, I just got kinda better, after that horrible Support experience I finally got my shotguns, shotguns solve everything and I love the noise that 870 makes.

Doing the story now. I also started up that Battlelog thing, it has it's uses like changing load outs even when you're not on the game.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Dec 29, 2013, 12:07:26 AM
Yea, I just got kinda better, after that horrible Support experience I finally got my shotguns, shotguns solve everything and I love the noise that 870 makes..

The Hawk 12G is my favourite shotgun, the SPAS-12 is a close runner up however.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

GTA V

Liking it so far. Got Franklin an afro and a Spartan beard, then picked up a hooker, and ran her over afterwards. Oh, and f**k Lamar for almost getting me killed over employee of the month.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Bayonetta

Tearing through angels never gets old. 8)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

ACIV

My life is over, brb in the next millenium.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed