Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 959,910 times)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I must quote the great Yahtzee Croshaw
"The very first image in the game is a brief flash forward depicting your helmet lying in the dust of battle scarred terrain. What do you think is going to happen? Your character thrillingly and climactically gets a little bit hot?"

It is pretty obvious from the start what you are getting into.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Well I've been playing Reach. Kinda pissed off that I can't play Big Team Battle anymore.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: fry1236 on Mar 06, 2012, 09:50:20 AM
Just finished reach and I'm not happy. I died. How is that a good ending !? damn, that sucked. Game over man  >:(

Shit happens :P :laugh:

Currently playing Resident Evil 4 HD.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Hell yes, another player!! How far into it are you?

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 06, 2012, 04:43:35 AM
Spoiler
Destroyed the station. My character wasn't the kinda guy who could lie to billions, but he also couldn't be responsible for halting human progress. He sacrificed himself for humanity; he can only hope that they do the right thing with this opportunity.
[close]

I was able to choose all three via the magic of loading save games. Ah, PC gaming...

I liked them all, but my first choice was
Spoiler
Sarif's ending. I felt it had a nice balance of all the anti-augmentation group viewpoint but still allowed LIMB to keep doing what they were doing to an extent.
[close]

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 07, 2012, 02:52:02 AM
Hell yes, another player!! How far into it are you?

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 06, 2012, 04:43:35 AM
Spoiler
Destroyed the station. My character wasn't the kinda guy who could lie to billions, but he also couldn't be responsible for halting human progress. He sacrificed himself for humanity; he can only hope that they do the right thing with this opportunity.
[close]

I was able to choose all three via the magic of loading save games. Ah, PC gaming...

I liked them all, but my first choice was
Spoiler
Sarif's ending. I felt it had a nice balance of all the anti-augmentation group viewpoint but still allowed LIMB to keep doing what they were doing to an extent.
[close]

You could do the same thing on console.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Oh? Didn't realize that. I thought consoles didn't have save anywhere ability?

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Ya, that's how I was able to see all the endings. There was even an achievement/trophy for doing all endings.

r888

r888

marvel vs dc

fry1236

fry1236

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Mar 06, 2012, 08:30:29 PM
Quote from: fry1236 on Mar 06, 2012, 09:50:20 AM
Just finished reach and I'm not happy. I died. How is that a good ending !? damn, that sucked. Game over man  >:(

You don't like the ending?

Nope. I enjoyed the game but it would of been cool to survive. If I didn't fall off that platform I would of been fine. Although as soon as the hunters and the guys with the swords came, I would've been screwed anyway.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Might wanna put that shit in spoilers, Fry.

Spoiler
Your surviving would've entirely undermined the entire point of the game. You aren't the hero. Nobody will remember your sacrifices. You are the unsung, the forgotten. Your actions led to humanity's victory over the Covenant, but it was a hollow triumph. The planet you were supposed to defend was destroyed, every one of your efforts to halt or defeat the invading force were ultimately futile, every one of your unit was picked off and killed (with one possible exception). It was a dark, bleak game of desperation. There was no other feeling than sombre dread, conveyed through the visuals, the music, and the narrative, and then brought to a close perfectly with the final level; the most desperate situation. You died so that humanity would survive. Living through, all that would have been ruined. The sacrifices would have lost their weight, the supreme futility felt throughout the game would have been pointless, and the entire tone of the game would be rendered moot.
[close]

fry1236

fry1236

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 07, 2012, 06:05:02 AM
Might wanna put that shit in spoilers, Fry.

Spoiler
Your surviving would've entirely undermined the entire point of the game. You aren't the hero. Nobody will remember your sacrifices. You are the unsung, the forgotten. Your actions led to humanity's victory over the Covenant, but it was a hollow triumph. The planet you were supposed to defend was destroyed, every one of your efforts to halt or defeat the invading force were ultimately futile, every one of your unit was picked off and killed (with one possible exception). It was a dark, bleak game of desperation. There was no other feeling than sombre dread, conveyed through the visuals, the music, and the narrative, and then brought to a close perfectly with the final level; the most desperate situation. You died so that humanity would survive. Living through, all that would have been ruined. The sacrifices would have lost their weight, the supreme futility felt throughout the game would have been pointless, and the entire tone of the game would be rendered moot.
[close]

I know that. But maybe it would of been nice to have one more level.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Do you mean in general, or after the final one?

If in general, yeah, that would be great. But only if it added something to the story.

If at the end, no. That ending was the perfect one for that game.

fry1236

fry1236

Yeah, in general. I'm sure halo 4 will be better though. (ending)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I think that was the best Halo ending yet.

fry1236

fry1236

I'm not having a go at everyone that does like the ending. I'll just shut up next time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed