Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 959,985 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

No, there definitely is.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Long time since I have liked a videogame enough to want to experience it again immediately.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast

The combat is a lot of fun, but I strongly disagree with the designers over what makes an interesting or satisfying puzzle. Or indeed, what actually counts as a puzzle and what's just artificially slowing down the player.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Taking my time with Boltgun, only just now getting towards the end of Chapter 1.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

FFXVI.  Entirely different kind of final fantasy.  While other FFs take a light hearted approach with sometimes serious elements, FFXVI has been a whole lot more GOT and less FF so far.  Sure there are still swords and magic, and giants smacking the shit out of each other, but I haven't seen FF like this since back in the Tactics era, and that was marred by the fighting. 

It feels more like Vagrant Story in tone, than it does FF.  I've enjoyed it so far.  Its been so good early (the first fifteen minutes or so I thought it was trying too hard to be GOT but everything after has been nice) that I keep expecting to be disappointed. 

Combat systems is a little too easy, but the story, presentation, world building, and characters assuming they live long enough, has been chef's kiss good.  Some of the boss fights have been absolutely bat shit insane incredible. 

Ingwar

Ingwar

Skyrim. Finally I'm planning to finish it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Enjoying my time with Witcher 2 & 3 yet again. A superb video here:

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Currently replaying Divinity Original Sin 2,in preparation for Baldurs Gate 3. I thought about finally playing both previous Baldurs Gates for the first time, but I have no time for two massive RPGs, only one :) And Divinity 2 is superb game, plus BG3 will be more similiar to this, since it's the same developer.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Finished off another replay of Far Cry 5, by far my favourite of the sequels, and now into the expansion/follow-up New Dawn.

I must say, I really dig how they ditched the typical bleak, drab look of post-apocalyptic video games and instead made this one a riot of colour. Makes for a really arresting and different game world. Plus it's basically Far Cry: Mad Max, so what's not to love?

(I'd forgotten how the villains are constantly blaring Die Antwoord from their outposts at maximum volume :laugh:)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

V is the one set in Montana isn't it? 

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yep.

It's a bit of a stretch how no one comes to investigate the absolute warzone happening in the valley but it's a great setting.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2018, 07:56:36 AMYeah, I recently resisted buying Homeworld because the remaster was put out by Gearbox. I refuse to purchase any of their products simply due to how they handled the criticism and what came out about the development of the game. Like you, I don't do that with any other company.

Homeworld Remastered Collection is free on Epic Games for a week starting today:

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/homeworld-remastered-collection

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: jacobo1122 on Jul 21, 2023, 04:21:18 PMCurrently replaying Divinity Original Sin 2,in preparation for Baldurs Gate 3. I thought about finally playing both previous Baldurs Gates for the first time, but I have no time for two massive RPGs, only one :) And Divinity 2 is superb game, plus BG3 will be more similiar to this, since it's the same developer.

Great game! Also, BG and BG2 aren't that long, especially first one.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 27, 2023, 06:01:07 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2018, 07:56:36 AMYeah, I recently resisted buying Homeworld because the remaster was put out by Gearbox. I refuse to purchase any of their products simply due to how they handled the criticism and what came out about the development of the game. Like you, I don't do that with any other company.

Homeworld Remastered Collection is free on Epic Games for a week starting today:

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/homeworld-remastered-collection

Can I morally get away with it if I'm not giving them money?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed