Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 249,746 times)

zakzak

zakzak

Amazing shot of the Jockey. Or is he?

silentassasin47

silentassasin47

The trailer seemed pretty unsettling to me. The way it starts makes it seem like it ought to be a grand sci-fi adventure, but then just as we get to the point where the crew finds out what really lies in that alien planet everything takes a really dark and nasty tone. Really reflects Noomi's words "We were so wrong" and confirms what Mr. Scott had said about the setting not being what the crew expected it to be.

Vulhala

Vulhala

This is 'Full Circle.'

I don't need to expand on the idea of Ripleys struggle being one of keeping the Alien as far from Earth as possible. If this is canon, which it is, it makes that struggle more profound.

Shit the bed, I'm babbling. I'm actually speechless. I've waited 2 decades for this. I thought I didn't care anymore. f**k it, I was given the Anthology 2 Xmas's ago and I've not watched any of them yet. I'd seen them too many times.

It's actually happening.

eyesofthedemon

eyesofthedemon

Can someone post a screen grab of the wide shot of the Jockey chair rising up with Blue man walking into the shot from the right side please?

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: hardcorps54 on Mar 18, 2012, 12:55:31 AM
Quote from: zuzuki on Mar 18, 2012, 12:52:17 AM
Quote from: hardcorps54 on Mar 18, 2012, 12:41:21 AM
the HD images that silent assassin put up do show somethin is bein held in the robotic arm , no idea what , will be intrigued to see what tho and as for a vaginal birth of an alien .... maybe in an unrated version
where do people keep seeing a robotic arm?

its the big metal strut that goes across the top of the person on the operating table which has a robotic claw that is holding somethin which looks to be taken out of the patient

There is no vaginal birth of the eel creature. Her stomach is bloodied and the alien-eel seems to have a sort of umbilical chord that goes back into her stomach (remember in the leaked trailer we see something push her stomach from the inside). Soon after in the trailer we see her struggling about the ship (obviously post surgical op/ extraction) covered in blood and with a black band across her stomach (which is sealing the wound I imagine). At least that's what I am seeing.

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

Quote from: silentassasin47 on Mar 18, 2012, 01:00:05 AM
The trailer seemed pretty unsettling to me. The way it starts makes it seem like it ought to be a grand sci-fi adventure, but then just as we get to the point where the crew finds out what really lies in that alien planet everything takes a really dark and nasty tone. Really reflects Noomi's words "We were so wrong" and confirms what Mr. Scott had said about the setting not being what the crew expected it to be.
"They came looking for our beginning, but what they found was their end."

SiL

SiL

"The Jockeys were out to get us all along!"

... really, movie? That's what you've got for us after 33 f**king years of people asking what that thing was? The footage is epic, but the plot can go f**k itself from what we just saw in the trailer.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Eva on Mar 18, 2012, 12:56:37 AM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Mar 18, 2012, 12:54:05 AM
Quote from: aliennaire on Mar 18, 2012, 12:47:37 AM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Mar 18, 2012, 12:43:53 AM
Are there any HD download links that work?

http://saveyoutube.com/watch?v=HHcHYisZFLU&feature=player_embedded

Credit goes to Eva
Gah, this fails too.

Strange - it still works when I click it...  ???

PS: Ikarop posted this link in post #1:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4083772/Prometheus%20-%20Official%20Full%20HD%20Trailer_AvPGalaxy.net.rar
This is the link that my computer can't open...

Sigh. Might have to live without it.

Tully

Tully

Quote from: Black on Mar 18, 2012, 12:11:35 AM
Quote from: mcknife on Mar 18, 2012, 12:09:43 AM
Can anyone screencap the last scene of trailer?
Anroid David is smiling and his mimics reminds me android ash from alien...very nice reference i think

My pleasure:

Anyone else reminded of this? May fit in neatly with Weyland's T.E. Lawrence allusion in his TED talk.

fiveways

fiveways

I'm going back on what i said a fair bit.  This needs to be rated "R".

I have no idea how they will edit a PG-13 movie out of this, the trailer feels like a "R" rated movie.

The trailer reminds me of event horizon's trailer.  Very similar feel to it [though this should actually be a good movie as event horizon is awful].  And that movie was a hard "R".

silentassasin47

silentassasin47

Quote from: SiL on Mar 18, 2012, 01:02:28 AM
"The Jockeys were out to get us all along!"

... really, movie? That's what you've got for us after 33 f**king years of people asking what that thing was? The footage is epic, but the plot can go f**k itself from what we just saw in the trailer.

Ridley's vision was always that the original derelict in Alien was a cargo ship carrying a deadly biological weapon that would be used to destroy an entire civilization

SiL

SiL

And it was headed for Earth! Dun dun duuuun.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: eyesofthedemon on Mar 18, 2012, 01:01:41 AM
Can someone post a screen grab of the wide shot of the Jockey chair rising up with Blue man walking into the shot from the right side please?

Here you go

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 18, 2012, 01:00:25 AM
This is 'Full Circle.'

It's actually happening.

Know exactly how you fell. This trailer is fantastic.  :)

red_otter

red_otter

Quote from: fiveways on Mar 18, 2012, 01:06:19 AM
  Very similar feel to it [though this should actually be a good movie as event horizon is awful].

Beg to differ. Event Horizon may be flawed, but it has enough (IMO undeniable) strengths to be nowhere near awful. Apart from anything else, it was the only post-Alien-clone to actually dare to make a big-budget claustrophobic space movie with true horror elements. The production design alone was fantastic.

azrael55

azrael55

visuals are just stunning in HD - this shits all over anything i've seen so far. and the whole mood of the movie seems to be just right. it seems huge and epic, but at least the trailer easily creates an unsettling mood which i never thought it could.

if the movie is even close to what the trailer promises this IS going to be my favourite movie of all times. could even be better than alien and blade runner together. i just hope it can live up to this enormous hype it's creating at the moment. otherwise the letdown would be too much to take for me. but i'm optimistic it will turn out really great and i'm sure that they haven't shown us anything too spoilerish so that there will be quite a few surprises left...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed