I know dick about the Predator series

Started by Local Trouble, Jan 19, 2024, 12:42:46 AM

Author
I know dick about the Predator series (Read 1,420 times)

Local Trouble

Can I get one of the more authoritative soda-drinkers around here to explain to me what the other predators at the end of P2 were doing all that time?

Were they just chilling in their ship and letting City Hunter hunt or were they hunting as well and just being a lot more discreet about it?  And how long were they supposedly down there?

RoguePred1987

How long were they there? No one knows, but they've clearly been to Earth many times before.

What were they doing? No one knows, they could've been doing anything. Hunting, scouting, you name it.

Stitch

Watching the dude on safari. Checking his skills, ready to give props or disses on his return.

Cosmic Incubation

That's part of the fun is imagining (since it's never explained or expanded upon in the film).

I like the idea that some of them were out hunting or having their own mini-misadventures as well. But I always kind of imagined that they were waiting back and letting City Hunter have his little hunting excursion. Whether it was because it was CH's turn to hunt this time, or to have him prove himself in some capacity.

Lots of possibilities.

Local Trouble

Do they usually venture far from their ship or is it assumed that the others would also be hunting in the LA area?

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 19, 2024, 12:42:46 AMCan I get one of the more authoritative soda-drinkers around here to explain to me what the other predators at the end of P2 were doing all that time?

Were they just chilling in their ship and letting City Hunter hunt or were they hunting as well and just being a lot more discreet about it?  And how long were they supposedly down there?

We don't know. Neca did provide some backstory for them but whether this ends up on film who knows. Then again given Scar is to date the only Predator who has ever shown up twice, you can take that backstory or leave it.

City Hunter is characterized on the younger side for the species so they might've been watching over the hunt or been backup. Like the slaughterhouse might've gone far worse if the rest of them had to get involved.

Nightmare Asylum

The fog machine in the ship wasn't going to run itself, you know.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 19, 2024, 06:16:41 PMThe fog machine in the ship wasn't going to run itself, you know.

You sure they didn't just steal a bunch of ganja from the Jamaican Voodoo Posse?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 19, 2024, 06:44:17 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 19, 2024, 06:16:41 PMThe fog machine in the ship wasn't going to run itself, you know.

You sure they didn't just steal a bunch of ganja from the Jamaican Voodoo Posse?

Could be, but even still, you need a bunch of able bodies there to smoke it all! Who better than the Predator clan to see to all of that hard work?

Mr.Turok

It would deadass not surprise me if Predators have their own alien version of ganja or other recreational drug. It seems like in part of their culture, like many of our own human ancient tribal cultures of the past.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jan 19, 2024, 07:17:56 PM

It would deadass not surprise me if Predators have their own alien version of ganja or other recreational drug. It seems like in part of their culture, like many of our own human ancient tribal cultures of the past.

They probably sit around getting high and watching Morton Downey Jr on Raw Copy then laugh at all the carnage like Billy in P1.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 19, 2024, 07:22:04 PM

They probably sit around getting high and watching Morton Downey Jr on Raw Copy then laugh at all the carnage like Billy in P1.
Bet they have their JP3 "Velociraptor saying Alan" moments but this time it's a xenomorph calling out to them and they just stare wall in shock, stuck to their couch or whatever Predators call furniture. 

Samhain13

Probably watching CH doings on their predphones, I mean if you take a look at the novel, CH seems to have taken interest in coming to hunt on Earth specifically because of Dutch killing JH which caused some suprise back in the homeworld. Could be a resquest of him to hunt there, his birthday, maybe at one point they were gonna take turns, he was on a rite of passage, later entries refer to CH as a young blood so kid could be on a test.

CH was gonna keep hunting until he got enough I guess, how long did the events lasted? Some weeks? Whatever future plans they had planned was forgotten when CH f**ked up.

solace97

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jan 19, 2024, 06:12:30 PMCity Hunter is characterized on the younger side for the species so they might've been watching over the hunt or been backup. Like the slaughterhouse might've gone far worse if the rest of them had to get involved.

Interesting. I wonder if they remained cloaked among the building tops just observing and watching

PredBabe

I feel most confident that there would be some form of recreational drug use for them.  :laugh:

There's animals, like dolphins and elephants, who intentionally consume certain plants/animals to get high, let alone humans.

They're advanced in everything else, no doubt that would include drugs for different purposes. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed